Hey Grandpa! What's for supper?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Grandpa! What\'s for supper?

Labor Day weekend calls for many of you unannounced chefs to perform culinary magic before guests, friends and family members. Here, at The House of Ice, we've chosen Ka-Bobs as the preferred meal. How can we go wrong? Give us an opportunity and we'll take it.

Stick a stick through your favorite stuff and grill it. One of our simple favorites is shrimp, bacon, onions, cherry tomatos, and avocados. The avocados are grilled last and then draped over the skewer of tastiness. Yumm, yummm.

Of course, just about anything that is grilled outside tastes good to me.

So, no matter what your age is, or what you are cooking; if you are cooking this weekend I'm calling you Grandpa.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Re: Hey Grandpa! What\'s for supper?

My 37 year old Aunt got married this weekend.

Last night was her wedding dinner. 3 course catered meal. Salad, stake, Cheesecake.

Today was her wedding and then my extended family, her and her new husband went to Olive Garden

Tonight my immediate family will be at my uncle Rod's house for chicken BBQ along with my uncle Brad and his kids.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

Big juicy cheese burgers off a bbq with all the "fixins", tater-tots (I love those things), ice cold milk and a movie with my lovely and perfect wife.

mike

raggie33

*the raggedier*

well since im a amazeing cook it may take me hours but im going to prepare spagheti o,s aint i classy?or lazy one lol

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Grandpa Saaby -

BBQued chicken sounds delicious.

Grandpa Mike -

There are not enough big juicy cheese burgers, tater tots, ice cold milk or good movies in this world.

Off topic: I have a real affinity for gentlemen speaking well of their wives.

[ QUOTE ]
yam said:
...with my lovely and perfect wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

Icebreak,

Thank you very much.

mike

ps She really is lovely and perfect too, I'm the luckiest guy alive. 12 years and going strong.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

May I recommend the mesquite charcoal from Kingston? I have been using that stuff exclusivley in my grill for a year now and it's FANTASTIC! YUMMMMMM...

Think that my grill may be getting a work out as well this weekend.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

hey btw have any of you all used them chimney type things to light ya charcoal and do they work well?im always unlucky with charcoal however. some reason i never can get it hot enough.

BF Hammer

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a prize for recognizing the reference to "Hee-Haw"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Grandpa James S. –

That's my favorite OTCC. Having lived in Texas I was a bit spoiled because we could just pick up mesquite wood like it was worthless. Ever heard of Mesquite Texas? It is now an eastern suburb of Dallas and yes there are mesquite trees there…vicious looking thorny scrags.

Grandpa raggie33 –

Yes, they work. It is cheaper to use big coffee cans. Cut the bottom off and there you have it. Less fuel, quicker start-up, even burn and hot enough to smelt aluminum. A long vise-grip is helpful to pull the can up and spread the coals out.

Grandpa BF Hammer –

YOU COULD BE A WINNER! You'll know if tomorrow you see several healthy, big eyed, sparkly toothed women clad in sundresses and Daisy Dukes gathered around a large man carrying a large check, all standing in your front yard.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mesquite Texas?

They call people from New York, New Yorkers. Do they call people from Mesquite, Mesquiters?

Sorry, just had to be a smart A$$

GregR

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i love grilling and barbq i wanan get this grill my dad has at his house. its very small and uses a smaller thank then most grill tanks that sits in base of unit. for some reason i think this is it Long Link Fixed by Yours Truely but he got it at home depot .but that thing gets so hot.great for grilling a steak and searing in juices.last propane grill i got never got hot enough to sear in juices.now im hungry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic

Well here's the report guys.

Wasn't BBQed chicken, it was fried--but still delicious. We snacked on chips while the chicken cooked, and then we had Cesar Salad, Potato Salad, Coleslaw (I didn't have any though) and the home made chicken. Delicious. Much much later in the evening we had cheesecake for dessert. My counsin happens to be a pastery chef and I'm sure she made the cake.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Double A -

Mesquiters? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif