New lights for the NYPD?

E

EchoSierraTwo

Any Flashaholics in NYC know what The NYPD are carrying now for tourches. I went to Coney Island today and notice A LOT of them were carrying lights, not the MM or Mag. It looked like a LED based light, sorta like the....oh forget it. Just found out it was the StreamLight Stinger XT. Is that a good light?

paulr

Flashaholic
Um, yes, it's a compact but fairly powerful rechargeable, you can get them from brightguy.com.

ufokillerz

Enlightened
no idea what the guys down here at the 5th carry, some stingers, some mags, i know 1 detective has a round bezel 6P, i Carry my M3, L4, and Arc LS =)

E

EchoSierraTwo

Sorry was not thinking. I it was going into a Arc discussion before I found out what they carry. I was tired yesterday

S

stanleyo

On August 23rd I asked an NYPD officer about flashlights and he said, "We have to buy all our duty gear." So the moral of the story is that there is no standard NYPD flashlight.

He also said one of the top two reasons for buying a light are price and "the ability to use the light as a defensive weapon."

RevDavid

Enlightened
They should get a Goncz. From those reviews, it looks like it gets as hot as a branding iron. Double duty as a cattle prod. "Sign ze papers old man... "
Probably leave a mark if you hit someone with it too.
David <><

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
stanleyo said:
On August 23rd I asked an NYPD officer about flashlights and he said, "We have to buy all our duty gear." So the moral of the story is that there is no standard NYPD flashlight.

He also said one of the top two reasons for buying a light are price and "the ability to use the light as a defensive weapon."

[/ QUOTE ] You know I should have known that. I do, but just forgot. That being the case, alot of them are buying Stingers