Is this the Molicel IMR 26mm cell?

flashfiend

Enlightened
I'm looking to get the 26700 E-moli IMR Li-Ion cells and can't find a source for them other than this Moli 26650.

However on the Molicel website they only list a 26700. Is this a fake or the real deal? I'm looking for the E-moli battery because I'm not quite satisfied with the Battery Space 26650 IMR LiMnNiCo cell. I feel they have a noticeably higher resistance than just the LiMn only IMR chemistry. Any other sources you guys can recommend for LiMn batteries in this size? I'm not comfortable or possibly capable of breaking down battery packs to get the cells.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently no one has any experience with that seller. If I had to guess, I would say you are already on the right track. Molicel.com does not list that product, they only list an IMR26700 as you say.

The product should be listed as an limn cell, not li-ion. There is no data sheet. The examples I have seen of emoli come in a white wrapper, not green.

Probably they are fake, and probably you won't get any better performance than from the Battery Space cells.

flashfiend

Enlightened
Did some more digging using the FSPE70038 part number marked on the photo and found this. Looks legit but the date on the report is from 2004. I bought a couple to test them out anyways. Does anyone know anywhere else I can get the Emoli cells?

Slartibartfast

Newly Enlightened
I contacted Moli directly about purchasing their IMR cells and was informed that:

"As a manufacturer of Lithium-Ion cells, E-One Moli Energy sells to OEM and approved battery pack manufacturers."

That was a strike out as I am neither, looked on the 'bay and all I could find was the link above as well.

I know the Moli IMR18650E cells are in Ridgid 18V lithium battery packs, but no idea where the 26700 are used.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you seen this inside of a Milwaukee V28 pack? As far as I know this was/is the most common source.
http://www.swift-tuning.com/emoli.pdf

Or this?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194807#post14363273

Bingo! Drill packs (any cordless power tool) are the easiest source.
There are threads on CPF showing all the various drill packs and what cells they have.
Following that thread I bought a Makita 18V drill pack and got 10 Sony 18650 LiMn cells at lower cost than any other source available to me.

You get a cool 18650 battery case too :whistle: