A few idea's will they work?

Cascade Range

Newly Enlightened
Guys,

I bought a 6p with some accessories from a chap on ebay which I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival.
There are "two" P61 bulbs, and "one" P60, coming. What I wanted to do was take the P60L out of my G2L and install it into the 6P to make it a 6PL. Then I would like to take the P60 bulb and put it into the G2 behind the Lexan lens. Any warning bells?
As always, thanks. :)

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Guys,

I bought a 6p with some accessories from a chap on ebay which I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival.
There are "two" P61 bulbs, and "one" P60, coming. What I wanted to do was take the P60L out of my G2L and install it into the 6P to make it a 6PL. Then I would like to take the P60 bulb and put it into the G2 behind the Lexan lens. Any warning bells?
As always, thanks. :)

No warning bells from me... the P60 shouldn't be too hot for the Lexan. Sounds good!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have one of the early G2L's before they came with the aluminum head? I'm thinking the aluminum head G2L's probably have the pyrex lens. I suppose it's possible that they have lexan, but I would be surprised.

Roger999

Enlightened
If the G2 lens is lexan then the p60 will be fine, for the p61 you should use short bursts, prolonged constant on use(eg 5-10mins) may slightly warp your lens over time. I used to run a LF HO-9 in my G2 and the lexan lens is fine since I only used to for quick 1min bursts(HO-9 gets slightly hotter than p61).

If the aluminium bezel has pyrex it'll be fine.

Cascade Range

Newly Enlightened
thanks guys for your input fellas. I'll go ahead and do the install. I have the aluminum head I'm pretty sure but when I tap the lens it sounds like
lexan, not glass.
Those links are good to have bookmarked Brig thanks!

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks guys for your input fellas. I'll go ahead and do the install. I have the aluminum head I'm pretty sure but when I tap the lens it sounds like
lexan, not glass.
Those links are good to have bookmarked Brig thanks!

To check whether it is pyrex or lexan

simply turn the bezel to a "mild light source"
let say let the lens to face the window
(you can not use a lamp or a light to shine at it directly as the light is too much for you to see the image inside the lens)
and then press the lens lightly
the lexan lens will have a curved image of the reflection
while pyrex remain unchanged

(sorry for my bad english, didnt know how to present it)