Peter, another packaging possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artar

Enlightened
Hi Peter,

did your ever thought of an another packaging option like a presentation box ?

the blister pack for the aaa is ok for the end user, but if you want give it away the blister pack makes the instrument itself looks very cheap. and it is also hard to stow the blister pack as a present.

i know this would make the cost rise but i would like to pay that.

what do you think ?

GearGuy

Newly Enlightened
I totally agree. The ziplock that the LS comes in is better than the AAA packaging.

On top of that...

The new lettering.

Whew!

I wonder if just the word "ARC" on the business end of the light would help any. My guess is that if someone buys the light, they know that it's an LED, and the fact that Arc is an LLC is unnecessary flashlight inscription. It would look better, clear and simple.

ARC

right on the battery tube lip where it used to be, and that's it. Packaged in:

A small box, wrapped in it's instructions a-la siwss army knife.

Am i crazy, or does this compute equaling a nicer presentation... After all, I diddnt make up the phrase:

"You only have ONE chance to make a good FIRST impression!"

LukeK

Enlightened
I thought the Arc AAA Packaging was dandy -- looks like a genuine big-company flashlight like you'd find in a retail store. Also -- people who buy the Arc buy it for it's performance, not for the packaging. Because the Arc is not in retail stores the packaging would not be the factor that would sway someone for or against purchasing one. But, of course, that's just my opinion -- disregard if you like.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
actually, the aaa is in a few retail stores throughout the world, but not that many. i never had a problem with it, and the current packaging suits the stores that do sell it very well, and is a great way to hold a smaller light such as the aaa.

LukeK

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ridnarhtor said:
actually, the aaa is in a few retail stores throughout the world, but not that many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah I wasn't aware -- do you happen to know what stores? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mrd 74

Enlightened
The packaging shows the product well,can be displayed in a marketable way using little store space and inhibits shoplifting.The packaging also provides ample space for pricing and UPC coding as well as printed info to help sell the product,ya I'd say peter knows what he's doing.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
not many stores...
the exact number is unknown, even to peter, but i believe he mentioned something along the lines of 30...

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we all buy the Arc AAA because it's a great light and not
because of any packaging. Still, this does not touch Artar's
point and should not be confused with it. In fact he specifically
mentions a gift-giving scenario. No need to hit him with the
ole "quality is what's important" stuff.

That said, I must agree with LukeK: Personally, I like the blister
pack. Still, I also like Artar's suggestion. On the other
hand, I wouldn't want very much of the price to be packaging.

Just my $.02

E

EchoSierraTwo

js, you beat me to the punch. my sentiments EXACTLY brother. Sometimes we all miss the point. Artar's suggestion is a valid one. I personally would like (an option) for a gift box, say for xmas (as I plan to purchase AAA-P's for my family) and that UV for my wife (that would be her second AAA), she would use if for counterfeit detection. there could even be an option at checkout asking if this is going to be a gift, etc. I like the idea. Maybe Peter would consider it (if he has not already). I love the way my LSH-P came to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif K.I.S.S. baby!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Gift box packaging would be great as an additional option when the light is purchased directly from Arc.

Peter, first of all thankyou thankyou thankyou for putting the Arc in pop-open blister packaging instead of laser sealed. That said, you ought to find out who your retail customers are and staple the blister packaging shut on 3 sides and slip one of those anti-theft tags into the flashlight's body.

paulr

Flashaholic
I like the idea of gift packaging though I don't see it as a big deal. The Arc AAA packaging is fine. The LS could use something a bit nicer, but there are more important things.

I really cringe at the new lettering on the version 3.3 Arc AAA and hope the LS4 doesn't look like that. It's the result of bogus litigation from Mag Instruments which claims to have trademarked lettering around the flashlight head. I'd look for another remedy putting the lettering around the tail, or around the middle, or something like that. I think Peter mentioned the possibility of a recessed lanyard hole on some new models. The tailguard would be a good place to put lettering. Also, rather than "Arc Flashlight LLC" maybe it could just say arcflashlight.com.

flashfixate

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to see some alternative packaging too. I just bought 10 engraved AAA's for clients and I wish it could come in an "altoids-type" box, perhaps with a quality keychain. I would have paid another $5-10 for that. As it is, I have to open them all and throw away the packaging and find something "classier".

BobVA

Enlightened
Here's my "flashaholic emergency meds kit". I'd like to see something similar available from Arc (nicer, of course).

Contents are AAA body, four different color heads (arranged in wavelength order for flashaholics...) spare battery and blank end cap (for those spur of the moment mods...)

Cheers,
Bob

nerd_pack.jpg

BobVA

Enlightened
The box is slightly smaller than an Altoids tin. It is marked "Celestial Seasonings" and has a nice, appropriate logo of a moonlit night on the lid :)

I think it held herbal tea - but I can't remember where I got it - I found it in my parts box this weekend while building a light for my pet parrot's cage (another story - but she can now read Harry Potter if she want's to as it's based on an ARC AAA module and 2 parallel D cells)

I've got white, UV, orange and green LED heads in there. Just in case :)

I picked up the heads, body (and my parrot's AAA white module!) from the B/S/T parts sales.

Cheers,
Bob

BT1324

Newly Enlightened
Instead of buying all those extra heads for a different color, why not just design a colored lens for them that fits over the head or something?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
because that's not nearly as much fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.