whats was the sadest hollywoods death

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i mean such as hollywood or other famous peoples deaths my was chris farley. he was a real nice guy in real life did a lot of volenter work and he was so funny..

raggie33

*the raggedier*
all 3 good choices.bob hope was very sad and recent. and radner and bellushi was as well.seems that snl loses a few good ones

D

**DONOTDELETE**

A Hollywood death that got my attention

I don't usually pay attention to the entertainment industry; particularly to that segment that reverberates from Southern California. This one made me take notice because I was on active duty militatry AND where I happended to be at the time I heard the news.

He was, according to popular literature, the most decorated member of the United States military in active duty during WWII. Because of an injury sustained while in battle, he was not able to proceed with his career as a commissioned officer. He went on to make a series of B budget movies; mostly westerns. I watched many of them as a youngster. At the end of his Hollywood career, he was broke. He died in a small aircraft crash in the Southern part of the United States at the time I was in a lush, tropical SE Asian nation. I was cleaning some gear when a senior member of my group said that Audie Murphy passed. Another older member, a Master Chief, said he knew him personally and almost shed a tear. My younger troops just said "...who the hell is he?"

Empath

Flashaholic
Re: A Hollywood death that got my attention

I just heard another of the giants died Saturday. Charles Bronson, 81 died of pneumonia.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i didnt know charles died.i liked his movies they where a tad violent but i liked them.such as the death wish movies. Audie Murphy is a amazeing man my dad told me a lot about him.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's odd, just after I first glanced at this thread this afternoon, I found out about Charles Bronson... In a way, you could consider THAT one one of Hollywood's saddest deaths; After Jill Ireland (Bronson's actress wife) died of cancer several years ago, he said that he didn't want to go on without her... True love, a rarity in Hollywood...

Well, they can be together again. God bless them both.

Bronson made a lot of violent movies, but managed to remain a decent human through them. One of my favorite characters was his role as one of the gunmen in The Magnificent Seven; especially when he spanked one of the "peon's" children for disrespecting his father for being a "cowardly farmer instead of a "brave gunslinger".... Very touching scene, and so true what he said about it being much braver to daily face the labor and uncertainty of farming to provide food and shelter for his family than to kill people for a living...

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
I just heard another of the giants died Saturday. Charles Bronson, 81 died of pneumonia.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of my three favorites: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
a) Bronson
b) Lee Marvin
c) Robert Ryan

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not really Hollywood, but Phil Hartman from SNL. His wife shot him in the late 90's in their house with the kids there...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Jason

mvario

Newly Enlightened
Wow, Charles Bronson died? I hadn't heard. I wasn't a big fan, but Once Upon a Time in the West was one great film.

But I guess I'm especially saddened by the ones who show a lot of promise but die too young like John Belushi, Brandon Lee and James Dean.

mouse

Newly Enlightened
I was really looking forward to seeing Brandon Lee break through in a big way. I actually had a dream about him at the time of death. Creepy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard about him on the 10:00pm news last night or the night before. I didn't know he was 81; I thought he was in his 40s or 50s.

robk

Enlightened

I read that he was over 50 when he did the first "Death Wish" movie. Apparently he did many films overseas, but never made it in the USA until later in life. He was a loner and spoke rather hashly about "method" actors like DeNiro, Pacino, Stallone; but I liked him! Great actor!
Rob

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i was also sadened bye lisa left eye lopez.i dont know if she was big in other places but i live very close to atl ga and she was major big here.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
It had to be Greta Garbo. She was long before my time, but she lived a long while in solitude and then relatively recently left us without a whimper. Very sad.