Riley gravity fed pellet stoves

scout24

Flashaholic
Although I have a generator (Honda EU2000i), as well as two deep cycle batteries and inverters capable of running my pellet stove, I have found that Riley makes a gravity fed pellet stove designed for cabins/ wall tents, marketed to hunters and outfitters. rileystove.com

One of my bigger concerns in a blizzard/ natural disaster/ grid down situation here in the northeast during the winter is heat, and while this won't heat my whole house, it allows me to use "heat" that I've already paid for rather than run around as the situation unfolds and gather firewood, etc. The stove I purchased is the Silver Bullet, which has a slide-in pellet burner that can be removed to allow use as a regular woodstove. I ran it this weekend in my garage and am very impressed with it. It doesn't have a blower fan, but radiates a LOT of heat. Cooking would be no problem, and it should heat the upper floor of my house nicely.

I am not affiliated with Riley, bought this out of my own pocket, and thought I'd share in the interest of spreading the word to my fellow flashaholics who run a pellet stove to heat their homes. No sense having 3-5 tons in your garage that you can't use, and the ability to run as a regular woodstove is a big plus IMHO. If anyone knows of another brand of non-electric pellet stove, please let me know.

gdub

Newly Enlightened
There is a new patented gravity feed pellet stove out. The company name is wiseway pellet stoves and you can see it on facebook under wiseway pellet stove.

purelite

Enlightened
how bout some pics of this setup Scout?

so these can be used indoors safely? how do yoou vent it inside? thru a window?