How's this scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
How\'s this scenario?

Since I won't be able to afford an ARC LSH-P for a while, what are your opinions on this scenario? (I realize it's my money and my decision but I sincerely value the opinion of people on this forum) I would buy an ARC LSL Standard for 65$ and use it for a while. Later when I have the cash, depending on user feedback, I would go one better than the ARC LSH-P and get the LS4. I really want the ARC LSH-P, but can't afford it right now and I simply MUST have an ARC LS, and soon. Also, judging by user feedback, unless you are a true stickler for beam quality, the LSL should prove to be quite satisfactory for now. Any input on this? Thanks, and once again, this is by far the best forum I have ever been on and I have been on a lot.

onelight

Enlightened
Re: How\'s this scenario?

Sounds like a good plan to me you will enjoy the LSL is a great buy. The ls4 will be worth waiting for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

I tried an LSH-S and liked it, but still wanted an LSH-P so I sold mine in BST tread. Yoou could do that with your LSL-S after awhile, then get an LSH-P, or an LS4. Your choice.

Bill

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

it is a great way to get an arc and at a great price!

lots of people have more than one ls anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

bigred,

Perfect plan, IMHO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's what I'm doing. I actually do/did have
the cash for an Arc LSH-P, but my situation is sort of like
the military with its "need to know." i.e. I have to make my
purchases fly with my wife. She thought it was crazy to spend
$65 on a light as it was! Fortunately, at the moment I have
quite a bit of discretionary income, because I used to be a full
time piano tuner and still do some work on the side. That income
is extra and I can usually make the case that it should be
discretionary, . . .er . . . at least some of it, that is. Right
now I'm trying to decide whether or not I can get away with
buying a light now, and then the LS4 later, or whether I should
be conservative and guarantee being able to get the LS4. The
problem is that I don't have a really good incandescent light,
and there are times when I like the broader frequency spectrum
that a filament provides.

Anyway, I think your plan is good. You can never have too many
Arc LS's around. $65 is a great, great price. And you can always
sell your LSL-S on B/S/T later if you need the cash. Personally,
I can think of plenty of uses for my LSL once I get the LS4.
You WILL be happy with your LSL-S. Get it! Get it today before
they're gone. And get the 2AA TSP and extra batteries.

Good luck! Also, I completely agree that this forum is really
great.

GearGuy

Newly Enlightened

I reccomend that you grab the $65 LSL and run like a small boy in a field. Not that I don't WANT to sell another LSH-P... I have a SureFire L1 with Low Dome, and It's a nice light. The High dome IS NOT A BETTER LIGHT!!! It's just a tighter beam... and the little "P" makes it whiter, if that's what you want! If you don't take advantae of this, you will miss out on a great deal! Although in Arc's current fashion, there wil probably be a "Blow Out" on the LSHs when the LS4 in introduced /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Geheim

Newly Enlightened

Bigred,

I bought a LSL-S because of the price. It is a very nice light. I'm thinking of buying a LS4 when it comes out. I will keep the LSL-S. You can always find a use for it. If you want a LSH-P just wait closer to the release of the LS4 when more people start to sell theirs. It has already started to happen.

The LS4 will be a different light from the LSL-S. Each will serve its purpose. My opinion is if you can save the money get the LS4, and buy and keep the LSL-S.

Chad

Mim

Newly Enlightened

If he wants an lsh-p but will settle for an lsl-s, why not go for a second for 50 bucks? Isn't it safe to assume he'll at least get an lsl-s?

paulr

Flashaholic

There's no predicting what you'll get if you buy a second. Most people have done pretty well with them, but at only 65 bucks I think I'd rather buy an LSL-S and know what I'm getting, as well as having a full warranty.

bigred

Newly Enlightened

Thanks guys! You've convinced me to get the LSL. Now, does anyone know for sure if this sale only applies to orders directly from the ARC website? I assume one has to order directly from ARC to get the deal, but does anyone know if the sale price applies to any ARC dealer? Thanks again.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is only from Arc direct as far as I know. You might be able to find a dealer selling them for close to that, but I kinda doubt it.

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
diddy808 said:
check out this site for a good price..........
emergency option

I was thinking that was a good deal for a LSH-P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, It is a good deal. But 6 to 12 days until they ship? WHOA! That sucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

diddy808

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, It is a good deal. But 6 to 12 days until they ship? WHOA! That sucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True.....but if your looking to get a LSH-P for a good price, 6 to 12 days is cool with me.

I wonder if Peter does price matching? hmmmmmmmmmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mim

Newly Enlightened

Buy from Peter and you'll get it before you expect it.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

$65 sale price is, as far as I have seen, ONLY direct from Arc.

outlaw918692000

Newly Enlightened

If you buy the LSL and don't want it later than PM me and I will buy it from you at the same price you payed as long as it is still in good shape. I am alwayse looking for another LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.