Stupid SF M6 question

jellydonut

Enlightened
Hey guys

Usually with lights and batteries it is painfully obvious how batteries are configured, however with the battery carrier of the M6 I am not sure how it is wired. I've tried reading through threads about the M6 to find out about this but I guess the question was deemed so retarded people wouldn't bother to mention it. Oh well. :fail: is me.

How are the batteries arranged/wired in the M6? What is the output voltage from the standard battery carrier when using CR123s? I'm trying to figure out which bulbs I could use if I put IMR16340s in the regular carrier.

lebox97

Enlightened
but FYI
IIRC the SF pack only delivers around 7.2v +/- with new cells due to voltage/cell sag.

so as you browse around for aftermarket bulbs - you are looking for 7.4v +/- bulbs if you are wanting to stick with 6 Lithium Primaries...

patriot
you linked to an IMR 13v lamp for use with 6 IMR 16340/R123's

:wave:
Cheers

jellydonut

Enlightened
but FYI
IIRC the SF pack only delivers around 7.2v +/- with new cells due to voltage/cell sag.

so as you browse around for aftermarket bulbs - you are looking for 7.4v +/- bulbs if you are wanting to stick with 6 Lithium Primaries...

patriot
you linked to an IMR 13v lamp for use with 6 IMR 16340/R123's

:wave:
Cheers
Yes, that's because I was also wondering how the carrier would work if I used IMR 16340s in it. ;)

But it is still good to know this as I have a good pile of CR123s too. Probably gonna stick to using them in my LED lights though.:sssh:

Mettee

Enlightened
The MB20 with IMR 16340s and the IMR-M6 bulb is a screamer, I just tested with it and I can attest to its performance. It would be a good choice, you can also push the 1909 with that same battery set up.

jellydonut

Enlightened
The MB20 with IMR 16340s and the IMR-M6 bulb is a screamer, I just tested with it and I can attest to its performance. It would be a good choice, you can also push the 1909 with that same battery set up.
I've bought a used M6 package that is on its way, Odd Mods 18650 carriers and a Nailbender tower module now, and it's all your fault with your M6 smooth reflector goodness. Don't you feel guilty? :D

All I'm missing now is your reflector, actually. The package includes an HO-M6, I might go for an IMR-M6 later but I do like to have at least SOME runtime. :eek:

Last edited:

jellydonut

Enlightened
What you REALLY need is a PhD-M6 battery pack. It will completely transform your M6.
I am currently invested in 18650s and IMR 16340s. The 18650s go in all of my lights except my A2s, and the IMR 16340s go in my A2s and can also pull duty in almost all my other lights. With the stock carrier and the 18650 carrier the M6 will fit right in line with the rest of my collection with regards to battery compatibility. The PhD-M6 will require me to reinvest in an entirely new battery form factor which I do not have any need for outside the PhD-M6 if I went for it. :sigh:

If it took 18650s I'd have one already but the way it works now, where I will need to both spend the $200+ on the PhD-M6 and reinvest in batteries with less capacity than my 18650s, I can't justify it.

Maybe when I'm back in the work force and done with school. Not now. :(

Mettee

Enlightened
I've bought a used M6 package that is on its way, Odd Mods 18650 carriers and a Nailbender tower module now, and it's all your fault with your M6 smooth reflector goodness. Don't you feel guilty? :D

All I'm missing now is your reflector, actually. The package includes an HO-M6, I might go for an IMR-M6 later but I do like to have at least SOME runtime. :eek:

I kinda feel bad :nana: and I am also happy that I could get these reflectors out there. People are missing out, I have been pushing for them about close to a year now I think.

And I am with you on the PHD-M6, I would love to have one, but they requier a complete rebuild of your personal battery set up. Not to mention $200 bucks is a pretty penny. I am sure its worth evey one though.