Need some assistance with mod to 8ax

Cascade Range

Newly Enlightened
Guys/Gals,
I purchase a Surefire 8ax a week or so ago. Great light but I bought some aftermarket batteries for longer runtime. (below)

http://www.batteryspace.com/flashlightbattery36v3300mahnimhsticksurefire9b8axandl7lights.aspx

I noticed that on the stock surefire b90 batteries they draw both power source neg & positive from the top of the battery via the two springs. Twist the head and it compresses both the springs one outer one inner onto the neg & pos leads and turns the light on.
These aftermarket batteries charged up great and fit into the tube nicely but I have to figure out a way to draw negative from the bottom of the battery since they are not like the surefire batts which have neg at the top.
Have any of you any ideas on how to accomplish this? Just to note there is no removable tail-cap on the 8ax, nor not a spring either. Just the rubber momentary on rubber cap. Thanks for your help.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Cascade Range,

Those battery packs won't work with the 8AX.

If you have a washer, some connection strips, a spot welder, and some heat shrink, you can add the second contact.

Tom

Cascade Range

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Tom I might try something like that. I spent a small fortune for the batteries unfortunately to get them up to Canada and didn't realize they wouldn't work on the 8ax so I'm up for trying to salvage them. ;)