Olight
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave of Haiku High CRI

Default Re: Wave of Haiku High CRI

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    He's good people.
    I can see that. He's helped me out too by buying my HDS 140 GT when it is still under servicing with Henry, not for himself, but for a friend who has lost his 170 tactical. I am glad to meet so many nice guys here in CPF.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    Precisely. Although I hardly needed anything more powerful than that for my EDC usage, I have to agree that more might be better. OTOH, I would rather much prefer it to have a lower low output than what is currently being offered. I am sure you feel the same Pete?
    My 119 Haiku is bright enough for almost anything I do, but today I was trying to see up underneath the gutter on the greenhouse to attach some heat pads and even with the light on high, it still wasn't enough to overcome the bright sunlight. Finally got it done, but should have done it in the morning when that side was still in the shade.

I'd love to eventually see a 4S engine from Don, with the Haiku going both higher and lower than present, but with the 3S, wish that there was just a bit more space between levels so that the low went at least a bit lower than present. I think low is now 4lumens, and would like to see it at least brought down to 1 or 2lumens. Probably never happen, but I'm still hoping.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

yeah a haiku with a moon mode would be perfect. The low is too damn bright on my haiku.

Enlightened

Hi Don,

Email has been sent. Let me see what you LED guy's have been up to.

Enlightened

Thank you, Don, for the awesome light. Only one problem though; I'll never be able to look at lights the same as before this one.

When I joined CPF five years ago, I never really paid any attention to the custom flashlights because I knew I would never be going there.
    Bad mistake, should have been the first place. Now I need to figure out what I'm willing to sell.

Thanks again! Glad I finally seen the light.

Hey guys, I was just wondering how come the cusom lights dont usually have HI Lumens like 500-700? Usually when I see a custom light it is 80-200 or so? Is there a reason or just thats the way it is?

Many of the custom builders ( Don being a perfect case in point) are concerned with not only making a light that looks pretty, but is reliable and tough and can be depended on day after day. Conservative outputs increase runtimes and preserve the health of the emitter, leading to greater longevity and functionality over the life of the light.

That's my take anyways from reading a lot of Don's posts.

Edit: Mac breaks the mold a bit in this regard. He's kinda a lumen junkie.

One last question. Anyone know how tall the Haiku 1xcr123 stands?

Quote Originally Posted by SuPpAvIlLiN View Post
    One last question. Anyone know how tall the Haiku 1xcr123 stands?
    It is 9.4cm or 3.7" to be exact.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    It is 9.4cm or 3.7" to be exact.
    Thank you.

Hey guys, does anyone know how to get the Metal (Ti?) tail cap with tritium for the Mcgizmo lights(Haiku XML)?

Quote Originally Posted by SuPpAvIlLiN View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone know how to get the Metal (Ti?) tail cap with tritium for the Mcgizmo lights(Haiku XML)?
    If you have a McGizmo clicky pack you will need to buy a Kuku E switch with the trit button Other option is to get the E series comaptible body with the removable tail cap and use a e-switch - again it will need a kuku type switch The light on the far right is a Haiku with a e-switch and trits
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

Nice!!
    I purchase all my lights at night

email sent to order a haiku high cri

Quote Originally Posted by Karasu View Post
    email sent to order a haiku high cri
    You won't regret it, especially on your camping trips.

thanks don! payment was just sent.

Flashaholic

Congrats Karasu,

I know you have put alot of thought in your decision. Happy for you. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks much! I know I will, should be here in 2 days

It's arrived! albeit 2 days late than tracking said it would but it came this morning and I am more than pleased! Thank you Don!
    Last edited by Karasu; 08-29-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: update!

Is is possible to directly order a Haiku High CRI already fitted with tritium locators?

Quote Originally Posted by RedRonin View Post
    Is is possible to directly order a Haiku High CRI already fitted with tritium locators?
    No.

Many thanks Don for getting my light build made and shipping on such short notice (I should have it before I leave this weekend). In regards to high output from an earlier question in such a small package I can state from the owner-end of one of the new Triple Copper E2 XPG's that high OTF lumens comes at a cost: run time and true versatility. According to which batteries you use, 1x18650 or 2x18350, high may give you bragging rights but heat and actual use time make the TC very limited. Beyond low and medium it becomes a "let me impress my friends" toy IMHO (for me). Love the E series that many custom makers have embraced but in my profession of the medical field and making yearly trips (out of pocket I might add...the hospital donates equipment and supplies but I pay my own way) to western China and the Tibetan Plateau and other destinations on occasion it is important that I have reliabilty at all times. I need a light that works! Period! I'll take 100 to 300 OTF lumens any day from such a small package over 1100 to 1600 for a very short run time before it steps down, shuts down or sets me and my fellow co-workers and equipment on fire (although the warmth factor might come in handy in such a cold climate).
    Tibetan Plateau: average elevation 14,500 feet
    Conditions: F****** COLD and it "ain't" my bed at home
    Reasons for going: My beloved wife who is originally from Tibet and INSANITY I'm thinking!
    Look to the adobe of the devil. For my brothers and I have been there.
    Hell's Half Acre, Vietnam 1965, author unknown

email sent, Don!

Ordered earlier today. Very excited.

Unenlightened

Wink2 Re: Wave of Haiku High CRI

Haiku Hi CRI head arrived.
    Thank you Don!

Quote Originally Posted by mohanjude View Post
    If you have a McGizmo clicky pack you will need to buy a Kuku E switch with the trit button Other option is to get the E series comaptible body with the removable tail cap and use a e-switch - again it will need a kuku type switch The light on the far right is a Haiku with a e-switch and trits
    That's interresting. Could you elaborate on the switch ? Does it have the same feel as the original McClicky ? With momentary "on" then a click further down for constant "on" ?
    The point of the 3S UI is fast and easy level change, does that hold true with the kuku switch ?

Appreciate your feedback

E mail sent for 1 High CRI head.

Thanks Don.
    "The Constitution says promote the the general welfare not provide welfare." -Allen West-
    To a democrat freedom means freedom from responsibility.

Unenlightened

Thanks for the quick response, Don. Payment has been sent.

There is a Sapphire on the way but I can not stop looking at this Haiku, I hope i can hold of ordering untill the Sapphire is in, customs charges can be quite a pain in the nethers. The light is just too handsome, this close to buying, kudos on this and the other lights Don.

I couldn't resist any longer. Had to order one of these. My HCRI Mule needed a companion.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast