The OutdoorsPlus        
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516

Thread: Wave of Haiku High CRI

Default Re: Wave of Haiku High CRI

I finally decided to get one of these beauties. Email sent inquiring haiku hi CRI.
    I just couldn't hold out anymore after all the good things I've read. My first McGizmo!

That's awesome. I just ordered my second Haiku yesterday. My first one is with the xm-l2 HV 1x123. I was going back and forth on the xp-g2 and Nichia and decided on the xp-g2 for this one. I decided to split the difference : warmer tint and higher CRI than the xml but higher output than the Nichia. Although in the end the lumen differences are hardly noticeable any way. And lets be honest, my Mcgizmo purchases are far from over as is often the case. Not that you care about my reasoning behind my choices but I'm just sharing the excitement with you !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robone View Post
    I'm just sharing the excitement with you !!!!
    Of course!!!

And I was torn between the two myself. I'm already planning to order one with the xp-g2 but I'm going to wait until I receive the first one. I want to make certain that I love these lights. I'm 99.9% sure that I will though. Anyway congrats on your second order!!

As noted, I am wildly new to posting to CPF, however I need some McGizmo guidance so I am reaching out. I am getting prepared to take the dive on a Haiku and I need a little advice. I have researched some great threads on McGizmo and appreciate the depth of postings and really like Don's work.

With all of that said, I am looking at a 119v, 3v HIVE, 1X123 configuration. The light would replace at Nichia 219 EDC that I have carried for some time as I love the CRI of that LED and prioritize rendering over throw. Even with that said, if I really want to go down the rabbit hole, and double down for a throw option, what is the runtime if were to add that stunning Makai head to my pre-stated Haiku config? I believe, according to the config chart I am within the compatibility realm, but I just do not have a feel for run time. There are some applications where I need some raw but elegant throw and I like the concept of working on a single platform. Thank you for indulging a newbie.

Hello and welcome @jyak .... I am not exactly sure I understand what you are asking ?

The Haiku and the Makai primarily differ in terms of the reflector and size of the bezel, which will not affect the runtime.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Hello and welcome @jyak .... I am not exactly sure I understand what you are asking ?

The Haiku and the Makai primarily differ in terms of the reflector and size of the bezel, which will not affect the runtime.
    Archimedes, thank you for the guidance. You answered my question perfectly. I had read through Don's compatibility chart and was fairly certain that the two units would work fine, but was also concerned that I might have missed something important from an electrical standpoint as I am not as familiar with the McGizmo product. Additionally, I would have hated to make a very expensive mistake. Better to ask than to be sorry.

I will likely go the Haiku 119v route after all of the posts that I have read; great sounding light. I will then add the Makai head thereafter. I really like the building block approach, or as I have read, the "lego" approach. Thank you again for answer and piece of mind. Great forum and thank you for not dowsing the newbie!

After receiving my 3V 3S 119V Mule two weeks ago I decided to stay small and added a Haiku with XP-G2 and Hive. This will give me options and still have decent CRI.

I want one..please

I would like to order one!

See the first post by Don in this thread for ordering information....McGizmo's are great!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
    See the first post by Don in this thread for ordering information....McGizmo's are great!
    Just sent an email. Any idea what his backlog is like on those / fulfillment time?

Thanks. Such a friendly forum!

Should be no back log.

Oh awesome!

Usually Don ships within 2-3 days in my experience.
    McGizmo&Sebenza: Get It, Use It, Love It, BAN IT!! McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review Malkoff MDC Review MY LIGHTS

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA

That's on a slow day! He rivals Amazon when it comes to shipping!
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedLED View Post
    That's on a slow day! He rivals Amazon when it comes to shipping!
    Truth. He responded immediately with a shipment notice. Faster than Amazon!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516