• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Haiku High CRI

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
This is an offering for another LED version of the Haiku, namely the High CRI version. This is a 1x123 light like the other Haikus with the same 3S converter now set at ~500 mA and driving the Nichia 119 LED.

Haiku-Profile.jpg

The Haiku Hi CRI is being offered for $450 plus shipping *

I do want to state that my hope and intent is to process the e-mail orders for these on a first received/ first processed basis and ideally the response to your e-mail order will be a notification of shipment. I don't want to add to the number of communications by sending an acknowledgment prior to generating the postage notification.

These lights are available on first come first serve basis; as determined by e-mail orders I receive which are clear, concise and include the must have information:

In the subject line of the E-mail please state: Haiku Hi CRI
Your CPF name
(if you have one)
Your real name and mailing address
phone number if international shipment
Any exceptions to standard shipping, which is priority mail.
If the shipment is domestic and you want insurance, please so state. (No insurance offered on international shipments)*

For my general info on how I process these offerings, please refer to THIS THREAD. For more information on the Haiku, please review THIS THREAD.

All of these lights sport some tool marks and various cosmetic singularities. Some may be obvious and some you may need to look closely for.

If you receive one of these lights and decide that it does not meet your expectation then you can either lower your expectations or simply send the light back for a full refund. I won't offer an exchange for probably obvious reasons. (please don't abuse this offer)

Like all of my Ti lights, the Haiku High CRI is designed to be sealed from the environment and external pressure but I make no claim or suggestion that it is a dive or underwater light.

Thanks guys! :bow:

* shipping is via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Global Priority mail. If you wish shipping via an alternative method, or signature confirmation or insurance on domestic shipments only, please specify in your e-mail order. If you want insurance, I will also add the expense and option of signature confirmation to your shipment.

Barbarian

Enlightened
Email sent for one Haiku High CRI and one Mule High CRI head only. :naughty:

:paypal:

Thanks Don!

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
I have offered the Mule as a component as well as a complete light and it only makes sense to do the same here. Should any of you wish to purchase the Haiku High CRI head only, the price would be $280 plus postage.

Alternatively, if you would like the head only but with a 6V LE the price would be $285 plus postage. If you want a 2x123 McClickie pak to make it a complete light then the pak is an additional $230.

I haven't mentioned the option of the 2xAA pak either here or in the Mule wave because at the moment, I am out of 2xAA paks! Oops! :eek: There are some in the works but no ETA as of yet.

Surprisingly, there seems to be a lot more initial interest in the Mule with the 119 than there is in the Haiku with the 119. I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise but with the interest in warm versions of collimated lights I figured there would also be interest in collimated lights that offered high CRI and not just warm or neutral CCT. :shrug: :thinking:

Whatever it is you would like from me, please do the best you can to be clear and concise about it so that I don't screw up your request!!

Thanks! :bow:

pwatcher

Enlightened
email just sent for high cri head only, thanks Don!! :thumbsup:

in edit, :paypal: Unique Transaction ID #0E34001850290470W

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti mule arrived - GORGEOUS - beautiful in classic McGizmo style, and the beam is a perfect tint.

Bravo, Don! I'll be posting photos/beamshots by the weekend....

:party:

Barbarian

Enlightened
Don,

My light(s) arrived today as well. Very pleasing tint and great color rendition as advertised. :thumbsup:

I like the Mule, but prefer the more traditional beam of the Haiku.

Thanks for the super fast service. lovecpf

pwatcher

Enlightened
ditto to kudo comments above! received my Haiku head today, and love the quality of the beam. really happy now with my small stable of McGizmo lights - from sapphire to sundrops to mule to Haiku's to Makai!

covers all the bases for me! lovecpf

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't mentioned the option of the 2xAA pak either here or in the Mule wave because at the moment, I am out of 2xAA paks! Oops! :eek: There are some in the works but no ETA as of yet.

Surprisingly, there seems to be a lot more initial interest in the Mule with the 119 than there is in the Haiku with the 119. I suppose it shouldn't come as a surprise but with the interest in warm versions of collimated lights I figured there would also be interest in collimated lights that offered high CRI and not just warm or neutral CCT. :shrug: :thinking:

:bow:

I got my Mule yesterday and compared it a long time yesterday evening to the SunDrop and the PD-Mule.

The Nichia 119 seems to be exactly the emitter to my gusto! For my personnal needs it is more than powerfull enough (on the Mule), it has THE tint I like best and it renders colors pretty well. :twothumbs

Why a Mule (first) and not a Haiku? I think that we associate high CRI and neutral tint more to floody lights. If you want to reder colors, you need an even beam, Lux variations also vary the rendition. Personnally, I have a Haiku XR-E and an XP-G already, so the Mule was first choice for these both reasons...

Things turned out as I expected them to, the Mule gave me appetite for the Haiku. The lower performance of the Nichia 119 compared to the Cree XP-G maybe another reason to hesitate, but after having fallen in love with the Mule, it is quite clear that I would trade the Lumens of my Haiku XP-G immediately for the creamy and sunny tint of the high CRI. :crazy:

So, you're right to speak of initial interest, the one in the Haiku has been created. Currently, I'm :broke: as usually, anyway I'll wait for the 2xAA paks to be in stock again, by the end of december I hope... :popcorn:

:bow:

Bass

Enlightened
Hi Don,

Can your Nichia 119 CRi LE, from a Mule, be transplanted into a Haiku head without any modifications?

I refer to your Haiku XP-G thread where you add electrical isolation by putting some kapton masks over the solder and trace of the LED leads on the XP-G LE. I presume to stop the reflector making contact?

With the die size being similar, is this still the case? Thanks!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Bass,
Yes, the 119 LE from the Mule can be used in the Haiku XP-G head but I would advise some kapton tape just for security. I add it to those 119LE's that I use in the Haiku High CRI builds. The O-ring alone should take care of the needed isolation and stand off of reflector from solder pads but I feel better with the tape in place as well.

fyrstormer

Banned
What about coating the solder pads with nail polish and allowing to dry for 24 hours before reinstalling? Is that suitable as well, or will the edge of the reflector cut through the nail polish even after it's fully dry?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The reflector shouldn't be in contact with the MCPCB provided the O-ring is in place. I considered nail polish and it might be just fine but the kapton tape is nice and thin and quite durable in itself as well as obvious in its presence or absence.

Bass

Enlightened
Thanks for the clarification Don.

I can't find it listed in your offerings but working backwards through your UV offering, I calculate the Haiku head (without LE) to be $145 - am I close !?

Just to clarify - I can use the Nichia UV and 119 LE's with the Haiku head, with the 'o'ring in place and kapton tape adds additional safety?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Bass,
I will sell an empty Haiku head (w/ XR-E or XP-G) reflector for $150 plus postage but whoever gets one of these needs to know what they are doing with it.

The 119LE will work with the XP-G reflector as is being offered here. The UV LE will not. It requires a modified XR-E reflector. The modification is the removal of the LED centering cup on the rear of the reflector.

bmcgators98

Enlightened
Does anyone have any beam shots from the Haiku High CRI?

I am thinking about converting my XP-G Haiku to the High CRI. I know Don just mentioned the reflector will "work" but is it the same as the one that you would receive if purchased new or have modifications been made?

Thanks

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
bmcgators98,
Same reflector and coupling O-ring used with XP-G or High CRI 119 LE's in the Haiku. Can't hwlp you with the beam shots.

fyrstormer

Banned
This question may have been answered before, but I don't see the answer here. Is there a variant of the Hi-CRI LE available with a 2-cell driver? I understand the emitter can't handle more power than the 1-cell driver can already provide and that any benefit would be to extended runtime, assuming the option exists at all.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Oops, responded in the other thread already. I can drop the drive level via sense resistor change on the buck (6V) converter so that it is appropriate and viable with the Nichia High CRI LED's.

fyrstormer

Banned
Okay, thanks. I thought you might answer in the other thread, but it seemed appropriate to ask the question and have it answered in the sale thread as well.