Maxpedition - Bags and Packs
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave of Haiku High CRI

Default Re: Wave of Haiku High CRI

Make sure to tell us what you think of it!

its a very nice torch i love the looks of it and it renders colors beautifully.

does don usually include a cr123 with his lights? because mine didnt come with one.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter21 View Post
    does don usually include a cr123 with his lights? because mine didnt come with one.
    No he does not supply a CR123 with his lights. At one time he did, but when USPS announced new shipping restrictions several years ago, he stopped including them.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by nystrpr View Post
    No he does not supply a CR123 with his lights. At one time he did, but when USPS announced new shipping restrictions several years ago, he stopped including them.
    What's the regulation? How did Surefire and 4Sevens get away with it?
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Flashaholic*

https://www.usps.com/send/address-letter-cards.htm

I don't see it on the website, but I've seen it on a poster at the post office where they specifically state 'lithium batteries'.
    Chris

I think if the lithium batts are properly packaged it should not be a problem for USPS. Example would be like having it pre-installed in the flashlights. But I may be wrong. SingPost in Singapore don't entertain lithium batteries at all even when it is properly packaged.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!

It would probably be OK but there's no point risking the delivery of a $450 flashlight for the sake of a $2 battery.
    Last edited by monkeyboy; 10-27-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I would probably be OK but there's no point risking the delivery of a $450 flashlight for the sake of a $2 battery.
    Agree. Personally I don't mind not having a battery in the light too. I run RCR in mine anyway.

My Haiku high CRI just arrived! Woohoo!

will we ever see an led with a CRI rating of 100? that would be awesome in the sundrop
    Last edited by Shooter21; 10-30-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Guess what just arrived in the mail?

My very first McGizmo, a High CRI Haiku!

There are hundreds of threads dedicated to this light so I won't wax eloquently about it too much, but I will say that it's a bit smaller than I expected, a lot lighter, and puts out quite a few more lumens than I was anticipating. The Nichia 119 LED is bang on - it's exactly what I've always wanted out of a neutral light.

Gorgeous titanium with a distinctive styling wrapped around one of the nicest light engines I've had the pleasure of using means this light finds itself at the top of my EDC list - no small feat!

I love it, thanks very much Don!
    Last edited by calipsoii; 11-16-2011 at 06:24 PM.

I am sure you will be finding uses for it even when there's no need for use of a flashlight. I do that with my Haiku all the time. Hope you love it!

Hi Don,

Are HCRI Haiku still available and is there a reasonable chance they will be available in January 2012? (I need to sell some of my flashlights to get finances. And I don't want my potential Haiku to undergo the Christmas postoffice madness since this flashlight would have to travel half the world to me).

(My 2 e-mails I sent you in last couple of days may have ended in your spam box...)
    Last edited by Filip; 12-14-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Hi Filip,
    I checked and nothing in my spam box as well as regular inbox?!?! THe High CRI Haiku are still available and I foresee no problem having them available in January or the months to come.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Don,

This might be the wrong place to post this but wondering if there are XP-G neutral's available. I saw the post discontinuing the warm but did not know if that also meant that there were no XP-G's at all.

Can you briefly identify how I should think about the difference between the high CRI and an XP-G.

Thanks

jnug

Cool XP-Gs are still available.

I'd look for run4jc's beamshots thread. He's got the various iterations of the Haiku for comparison, very good stuff.

As a rule of thumb, snowy arears fare better with warmer leds. Tropical climate fare better with cool or neutral whites.
    SF M6-R85 M3 G2D FYL G2ZL E1L McGizmo HA PD-S Ti Mule-PD BB Haiku-XP-G Inova X1
    (My Collection)

I'd say that a better rule of thumb is that it depends on the preferences of the user. As someone who enjoys the cool, floody tint from my Titan and Ion on the snow and by far prefer warmer tints with greenery, I'd say it's always best to avoid generalizations - except of course, the generalization I just made, since it simply counters the ones which try to decide for other what they themselves are best qualified to do.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

To my eyes, neutral-tint and warm-tint LEDs make foliage look dry and dead. The only exception is a Hi-CRI LED, because it doesn't neglect the green and blue portions of the spectrum.

That's why the rule of thumb isn't a rule of thumb. I like the way they make the foliage look warm, alive and pleasant!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstat View Post
    As a rule of thumb, snowy arears fare better with warmer leds. Tropical climate fare better with cool or neutral whites.
    I can't comment on the snowy area since I reside in a tropical climate, but from what I gathered here many in CPF sort of prefer cool white for snow because it doesn't make the snow look like pee. Maybe they are the cool white fans I don't know for sure. Personally, I prefer anything neutral, high CRI, or warm for tropical jungles.

Don, haven't you tried an XP-G high CRI yet? I wonder how it performs in tint and power against the Nichia?

I'd be interested in a high CRI light engine for my beloved Haiku, would that be possible?
    My way : From Maglite and drop-ins over Fenix & Co to the real things - Customs and Titaniums!

Quote Originally Posted by Henk_Lu View Post
    Don, haven't you tried an XP-G high CRI yet? I wonder how it performs in tint and power against the Nichia?

I haven't experimented with any of the Cree High CRI LED's. To my knowledge they typically are pretty low in CCT (warm)? The other consideration I have in collimating a High CRI emitter is that of tint variation between spot and spill. If you are going for quality of light then it's nice to have an even tint throughout and the Nichia 119 seems to be well ahead of any other LED I have sampled in this regard.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    I haven't experimented with any of the Cree High CRI LED's. To my knowledge they typically are pretty low in CCT (warm)? The other consideration I have in collimating a High CRI emitter is that of tint variation between spot and spill. If you are going for quality of light then it's nice to have an even tint throughout and the Nichia 119 seems to be well ahead of any other LED I have sampled in this regard.
    +1

E-mail sent for one Haiku Hi Cri. Thank you to all the forum members for the rave reviews. The choice to pull the trigger was made that much easier.

Email Sent!

Email sent for a High CRI Haiku Head.

Sent email yesterday for Haiku High CRI. Sent another email today to add Mule High CRI to order.

Thanks. First post btw.

Money sent via Paypal.

Thanks