RMSK, Inc.        
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Titanium Mule Wave

Default Re: Titanium Mule Wave

I have a LS 20. Can I buy a mule head and interchange with my LS head or do I need to buy a complete Mule?

Nope, this will not work. The Mule has the inner-tread in the head and the LS20 in the body.
    If you have a Sundrop or a Haiku... this would be interchangeable
    Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Whoop received my Mule safely to the UK thanks!

Admittedly, not having read about the UI, I had an hour of strobing, before having to look it up

I am really pleased, thanks Don,

Ian
    Inova 24/7 | SL Propoly 4AA | Al PD UV1J | Mag-P4 | M273 | Xeray 50 | Stenlight S7 | Fenix HL30 | Black Diamond Icon | McGizmo Ti Hi Cri Mule | M417 - P | McGizmo Aqua Mule

Don, EM sent for one mule hi CRI with new clip, a CRI haiku head, and a extra new clip.

Don, EM sent for one Mule Hi CRI.

Just received my Mule high CRI today. I am very very pleased with it. The tint is beautiful and the very smooth flood beam is awesome! Can't help feeling that I love it much more than the Haiku XM-L.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Holy Cats Andy, that was fast!! What, like 3 days? Amazing.

I'm glad the initial impressions are good. Make sure to post or shoot me a message with your thoughts as you get to know them a little bit. I'm really curious to see how you like them compared to other EDC lights you are used to.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Holy Cats Andy, that was fast!! What, like 3 days? Amazing.

I'm glad the initial impressions are good. Make sure to post or shoot me a message with your thoughts as you get to know them a little bit. I'm really curious to see how you like them compared to other EDC lights you are used to.
    Surprisingly fast via EMS to Singapore. Ordered on Friday night (Singapore time) which is a Friday morning in Hawaii I supposed and I got it this morning. I never knew these freight guys work over the weekends. I kind of regretted getting the XM-L Haiku. Should have listened to my heart and get the high CRI Haiku instead. After all I am a high CRI freak. I guess when I free up some funds I am gonna get the high CRI head.

This is something I never anticipated, I had always thought that all levels are current regulated, but to my surprise I detected PWM on the low and medium levels even with just my naked eyes. Shining the lights on my spinning fan proved that I am right. Not horrible nor is it a deal breaker but just a little annoying, and I just expected more for this price.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!

Hi Andy,
    If you don't want the Haiku XM-L and would prefer a High CRI Haiku, just send the light back and we can do an exchange. I too would prefer a constant current at each of the three levels but the designer of the converter was not able to provide this in a viable package and UI as requested and needed. I actually pay a premium for those converters despite the fact that there is some form of PWM involved. The Mule uses the same converter and has the same PWM nature. Feel free to return both lights if you wish and certainly if it will alleviate your annoyance.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    Hi Andy,
    If you don't want the Haiku XM-L and would prefer a High CRI Haiku, just send the light back and we can do an exchange. I too would prefer a constant current at each of the three levels but the designer of the converter was not able to provide this in a viable package and UI as requested and needed. I actually pay a premium for those converters despite the fact that there is some form of PWM involved. The Mule uses the same converter and has the same PWM nature. Feel free to return both lights if you wish and certainly if it will alleviate your annoyance.
    Thanks for the offer Don! I think I can live with the slight PWM signature. Overall they are indeed beautiful lights, and once I have it in my hands I just thought that I would rather be poor and survive on grass for the whole month than to return it for a refund. If you don't mind, could you give me a day or two to decide if I want to keep the XM-L head and buy another high CRI head, or to change it for a high CRI head? It's all about money Don. If I am rich I wouldn't need to think and would have just bought one of each. Hope you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Don, EM sent for one mule hi CRI with new clip, a CRI haiku head, and a extra new clip.

I have heard others mention the PWM on these lights, but I have never noticed it myself. Maybe I'll have to take one in the shower with me or something and shine it on the water spray.

I have heard others mention the PWM on these lights, but I have never noticed it myself. Maybe I'll have to take one in the shower with me or something and shine it on the water spray.
    Shine it on a spinning computer fan. That makes it easy to see.

The 6V driver doesn't seem to use PWM, though, or at least not at a frequency I can see. It doesn't really bother me either way though.

Hey Don,

Email sent, Thanks

Gotta have it...

Anyone have an idea of the Lumens rating of HCRI Mule ??

Per Don,

Mule High CRI
    85 lumens on high
    20 lumens on medium
    4 lumens on low

Thanks Robert for the answer. I thought the low should be like 10 lumens. It's kinda too bright when i turn it on at middle night.

Comments deleted.
    Last edited by pjandyho; 01-02-2012 at 02:30 PM.

I just received my Mule Hi CRI in the mail and This thing is a beauty, I never imagined it to be this cute, I can't wait till nightfall to check out the beam but I bet it will be great

Email sent.
    thanks!
    Last edited by jamesmtl514; 01-26-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

Email sent

Hey Don,

How are things?

Question: Are the clips on the old EN Mules made of Ti also or aluminum like the light?

Thank you.

Hey Don,

How are things?

Question: Are the clips on the old EN Mules made of Ti also or aluminum like the light?

Thank you.
    Hi nbp,
    The clips are titanium. I did use stainless steel screws on the Al Mules and PD's but the clips have always been titanium.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Excellent, thank you sir. Ti clips: all the better to anodize.

Post no longer relevant.

Paypal sent Don, cant wait to get hold of it!
    Last edited by Burntrice; 02-12-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Email sent, so excited!

Hi guys,
    I recently discovered an application right down the Mule's alley. In fact it has inspired me to work on a new light, the AquaMule which is more vapor at this point but I am bound and determined to see something come of it. I mention it now just to let you know it is something I am working on but not something I wish to open up a discussion on.

It all started when I was talking story with a couple friends here from Scripps who are doing research on the reef. There is an issue which at this point I believe is in litigation having to do with seeps out in the reef which are pouring out nitrogen rich and possibly contaminated water from a nearby injection well which is part of the sewage treatment plant. The water was dyed with fluorescein and my friends wanted to check out the reef at night using UV light to look for the fluorescein as it fluoresces easily. In addition to a couple 365 nm UV lights I took out for the encounter, I mounted my GoPro on a 27LT light which I had converted to a XM-L Mule. After viewing and videoing the seep, we ventured further out on the reef to see what night time critters we might encounter. I discovered that the GoPro mounted on my mule light was a great combo and that the light was ample and wide enough in beam pattern to illuminate the very wide field of view recorded by the GoPro. In THIS VIDEO you can see that there was another diver with a collimated flashlight beam often on the subject but that the light from the mule was ample and nice in even intensity for capturing the action. AN amazing encounter it was!

But the stock mule is not a dive light and that is something I hope to address later. In the mean time though, the existing Mule is a viable light source for the GoPro in any number of challenging and environmentally unfriendly applications. I took THIS VIDEO last night using LED lights for illumination initially and ending with the Mule attached to the GoPro as the sole source of light. I also messed with the three levels of light to see how much light was needed for the application at hand. Later I walked into my garage shop and with the Mule as sole source of light, took a still shot to see how well and effective the scene could be lit:

I didn't do any correction or adjustment to the image aside from reducing it in size down to what you see here.

A photo of the rig I used for the backyard video and this still shot:

The GoPro bike handlebar mount accessory fits great on the head of the light and basically what you see in the beam of the light is also being seen by the GoPro, making shooting from the hip or any other off balance position easy.

I really like the GoPro system and although it is not capable of the image and video quality of larger cameras with better optics, it can go places where the others can't and get the job done. I would not be surprised to see the people at GoPro come out with their own supplemental lighting system but in the mean time, a Mule works pretty dang good! I haven't experimented with High CRI yet but there may be merits for it as well.

The camera rig is just plain far out, Don. looking forward to more...
    -Chr1s-
    Got Lights? USE EM!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast