Mind Reading BC - 900

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd find my experience of the past several years difficult to believe had someone else told the tale, however ...

On a significant number of occasions (~30% - 50%?) whichever parameter I want to view is the only one that tries to elude me. For example, if I want to know voltage, capacity or elapsed time, that one reading will be skipped over as I toggle through the choices. After several "rotations" the parameter will eventually be displayed.

In my case, it's me and not the BC - 900 which gets burned up.

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey jayflash, I have the same problem. At least you're not alone!:) I wonder how they programed them to do that?:crackup:

Seriously, I think it has to do with the buttons on these chargers. Not the best setup, for sure. It often takes me many tries, scrolling through the choices, before I get what I want when programming. They just don't make very good contact, even if you clean them up.

Some have replaced the buttons with micro switches. Personally, I really don't want to invest in the time and trouble to do that, although, it is a good solution.

Dave

Last edited:

TakeTheActive

Enlightened
BOUNCING La Crosse BC-700/900/9009 Buttons...

...On a significant number of occasions (~30% - 50%?) whichever parameter I want to view is the only one that tries to elude me. For example, if I want to know voltage, capacity or elapsed time, that one reading will be skipped over as I toggle through the choices. After several "rotations" the parameter will eventually be displayed...
  1. Press the Display button *FIRMLY*, from VARIOUS ANGLES, 100 times in succession.
  2. Press the Display button *ONCE* with normal pressure.
    • Did you receive the desired result?
      • YES - DONE.
      • NO - Go to #1.
:popcorn:

ecallahan

Enlightened
This is a very funny post, I thought I was the only one with this problem. Seems like no matter which mode I try to choose, it jumps right over it at least 3 times!

I'd find my experience of the past several years difficult to believe had someone else told the tale, however ...

On a significant number of occasions (~30% - 50%?) whichever parameter I want to view is the only one that tries to elude me. For example, if I want to know voltage, capacity or elapsed time, that one reading will be skipped over as I toggle through the choices. After several "rotations" the parameter will eventually be displayed.

In my case, it's me and not the BC - 900 which gets burned up.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
The BC-900 (in Europe is the RS-900) requires 200 mS to register the press action from the pushbuttons.

Those pushbuttons are of low-medium quality and sometime doesn't make contact properly.

The two mentioned factors, when you are cycling through the readings, often compounds togheter producing the confounding effect you mentioned.

As a workaround, I suggest you to "aim" at the value preceeding the one you want really get to.

Regards

Anthony

Last edited:

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a workaround, I suggest you to "aim" at the value preceeding the one you want really get to.

Funny, the Maha C-9000 has a similar issue, but not when pressing the button repeatedly. When holding a button down and cycling through the slots or a parameter, when you reach the desired displayed value or slot, when you let off the button, it always registers it as another button push, and cycles to the following parameter ... the one after the one you wanted!

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the older models, there is a thermistor and a mind-reading transmogrification diode. Newer models just have two thermistors.

Latest posts