What was the first "Real" flashlight you owned?

charliek

Enlightened
What was the first \"Real\" flashlight you owned?

As I approach the 21st anniversary of my 20th birthday, I was thinking about the first "real" flashlight I ever owned (not dimestore junk). Possible that very light is the thing that sparked my addiction. My first was a Minimag AA.
It's been a downhill slide into flashlight-frenzy ever since.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What was the first

Mine was the MAg 2AAA
yep, it has all been wallet draining since then

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mag 2AA.
Then Mag 3Ds.

Some years later, a Surefire 9P, my first "real" flashlight.

Wilkey

FNG

Enlightened

Arc AAA and Streamlight Scorpion.

EPguy

Newly Enlightened

4C Maglite and I was pretty excited about! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

Ahhhhhhh,,,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I thought we were listing our first REAL flashlight purchase.

You guys must have misread the post or something,,,, seeing how you are all mentioning M*GS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I had many 2D and 2AA minim*gs, and put alot of use to them. But, I was never really happy with their light output, or runtime.

So,, my first REAL flashlight purchase, was when I ordered my Arc LSH-P, and Inova x5t.
That was about 2.5 weeks after I joined CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

i consider my first real flashlight the brinkman rebel.. but i'm only 19 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast

My "first" real light would be a SL Scorpion.

Now I have a SL TT 1L, PM6, Arc AAA LE, 6D mag, 2aa mag's, and some keychain LED's (Inova I think.)

The Mag's were before the Scorpion. Gosh I'm only 19 and bought $380+ in books today, gosh college is expensive, lol. I don't think I'm paying for it though. Time for dinner, later!

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do somepeople consider Maglite products real flashlights???
Hmmm, I don't.
Based on this criteria, my first real flashlight was was Surefire 6Z.

charliek

Enlightened

Hey- badmouth Mags all you want- many years ago (late 70's) they were quite a light.... all I had before that were super cheap lights that you used to find loose in a basket at the 5 & 10

BobVA

Enlightened

I remember when the big debate was "Maglite or Kel Lite" for police carry. But I'm getting old :)

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Must`ve been 1983 or so. I was 3 years old and had a sturdy chrome plated lite, my mind`s saying 2 D cell but since I was so small at the time it was probably C cells. Had a focussing head and was rather bright. No cheap junk and probably was quite pricey, even if it may have been a bit vintage by the time I got it.

And it changed colour! Had two concentric filters round the bulb that connected to sliders either side of the switch. Red or green - for signalling. That was the best bit.

I think it died when it got dropped and dented meaning the batteries couldn`t be removed any more. But that was my first real one, heck, that was my first ever one. I`ve had some pretty awful lights since then, none of which are still around today. And some not-bad ones, none of which are still around today. I always loved taking things apart, but wasn`t so good at putting them back together again.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-

If we mean "real" by "expensive" or "high performance" then it would have to be the SureFire Classic 9Z I got a couple years ago. That`s the one that sparked my interest in foolishly bright flashlights. But the old 3-colour chrome 2C was the one that started it all. Wish I still had that one....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pahl

Enlightened

Streamlight Scorpion was my first good flashlight.
I don't even have it anymore.

My second was a Surefire 8NX. Once I tried a Surefire there was no looking back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
i consider my first real flashlight the brinkman rebel.. but i'm only 19 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what Ryan? I think my first real flashlight was a Brinkmann Rebel also and I am 58. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Before that I had many Mags (got them for free but that is another story). How I am embarrassed to be seen with a Gag, Oh I mean Mag light.

I loaned my Rebel to my daughter and she doesn't want to give it back. So I think I go to Wal-Mart tonight and get another one, so she can keep that one. I don't really need another LED but I miss my Rebel. That was my under the pillow light.

James