Need info on pentagon x2 replacement bulb

cambel

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I have a PentagonLight x2 xenon flashlight that I bought a while ago. I would like to update this flashlight possibly with an led multi mode setup. Is there a chart on here that has pill/bulb dimensions so I can see what would fit. I think a 6p type might fit but I dont have one to compare it to. Anyone know for sure what style bulb would fit in the x2 pentagon, or a chart that I could use as reference for bulb sizes? Once last thing, the bulbs say 6v on them. Would I be able to get cr123 rechargables for this light and is it worth it. I tried to put a 18650 in the light and it doesnt fit. I would like to keep this light all stock except maybe change the bulb and the batteries. I do not want to change the body, not an option. Thanks.

Last edited:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
A quick search reveals that folks have had success with P60 style dropins in the X2. The X3 is a totally different animal, but for your light I think you're good to go.

I personally don't find the investment in RCR123s worth it. At $1.xx per cell for primaries and the enormous runtimes available with LED lighting, the ability to stash batteries everywhere and not have to think about which lights support RCRs and which don't just makes it easier for me to not go down that path. There is a cost/benefit/hassle/usage ratio that doesn't seem to work out for me with rechargeables.