• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Gatlight V1 123a SS! #007 One of only 17 made!

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is your chance to own a piece of CPF history! This light is from the initial run of Gatlights in 2005. Everything is stock/original on this light and it has never been carried.

One of the original shots I took of the light back in 05, showcasing my serial number of choice...007 :cool: (Keep in mind I retouched tooling marks and such out to make the light look really clean for this shot).
v1serialcopy.jpg

The light today
_MG_3444.jpg

Scuse the dust on the light...
_MG_3450.jpg

I recall reading that in this initial run, the lights weren't assembled in the same manor as the runs that followed. Tooling / handling marks were present. I've tried to light this to over exaggerate some of them. I could have cleaned them up pretty easily, but chose to keep things as is. You can easily make this look nice and brushed with a scotchbrite pad and a minute of your time.
_MG_3455.jpg

Comes with original tin (which I forgot to clean for the pics :green:). Ding in the lower right corner of the case is as I received it. Case has original foam and beneath that, the instructions/info/runtime charts lay.

_MG_3456.jpg

In-depth info from the original thread:
The housing design:
  1. Designed to maximize thermal efficiency by maximizing exposed surface area.
  2. Mechanical housing assembly analyzed using finite element analysis (FEA) in order to insure structural integrity under stress.
  3. Materials: 316 Stainless steel or Titanium (both with hand polished finish)
  4. Water sealing designed to withstand depths greater than 1 meter
  5. Aerospace grade 100 deg. flat head screws per military specification NAS662
  6. Housing screws thread staked for added durability.
  7. Assembly performed in accordance with qualified spaceflight hardware procedures and requirements, in order to maximize reliability and quality.
  8. Silicone environmental seals fabricated with the use of high vacuum degas process.
  9. High precission components: <0.0005" tolerance
  10. Heatsink bars pressed into main body under >500lbs axial force in order to maximize thermal efficiency.
Circuit design:
  1. Circuit board designed to meet the requirements of IPC-A-610, Class 3 (High reliability) And NASA-STD-8739.3 (The same requirements applied to spaceflight circuit boards)
  2. 3oz copper plating to provide maximum thermal dissipation.
  3. Circuit designed to handle up to 2000mA of current for short durations.
  4. Adjustable current from 100mA to 1000mA
  5. Future versions up to 1500mA (K2)
  6. Circuit board assembly performed by NASA qualified technician per NASA-STD-8739.3
  7. LED mounted to circuit board using high performance thermal dissipation pad commonly used in spaceflight applications.
  8. Circuit board epoxy potted using aerospace grade thermally conductive epoxy to maximize thermal mass and conduction surface area.
  9. Preliminary circuit design rated to 85 deg. C

If you own Gatlights from the V2 and V3 runs, now's your opportunity to own one of the rare V1s to complete the trilogy.

I've put this light up for sale to help fund a rather hefty sum for a custom knife that has been finished and the maker is awaiting payment...So no trades on this bad boy. Also because of this, I'm going to have to ask that you use PAYPAL to pay for this light.

International buyers are welcome to purchase this as long as you have a solid reputation here, and understand the risks sometimes involved with international shipping/lack of tracking.

Asking $275 shipped insured within the CONUS. International shipping can be determined upon purchase, I promise not to gouge you just for living outside of the states!

First "I'll take it" gets it. Then PM me for my Paypal address. By the way, Paypal fees are delicious and I'll be happy to eat them.

Thanks for looking, and feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, nice classic here!!!

I don't know the prices of these, I think I've never seen one show up, but it looks like a bargain. I own the latest titanium version, which has of course a better and smoother design, but this would indeed be a nice companion to it. Unfortunately : :broke: :broke: :broke:

Someone quickly grab this piece of history! :D