I think I blew up a Bad boy, help?
So I modded a small pistol light to run a cree XPG instead of the crap incan it cam with. Battery is a CR2, BB is running at 500mA. I know this is pushing it a bit for this battery, but it really boosted the output over the factory bulb. Anyway, now it seems that even with a new battery the light is running direct drive and has very much less output. My Multi-meter sucks, and reading the current on it is less than easy. From what I can tell its at about 200mA or 20mA. and the V is at 2.89 so I am assuming its not stepping it up at all. Can this board be fixed or would it just be easier to buy a new one? I am not sure if it was heat that killed it or if it was the recoil from testing. Thoughts?