Knife rec - under 2.5"

hoongern

Enlightened
So, I don't usually come to the knife forum, but I thought I'd try and ask here and see if anyone can help :)

Ive been relatively happy with my Benchmade 556 Mini Griptilian Spyderco LadyBug H1, but I realized that both of them are a bit lacking in some of the tasks I want to do.

1) Im in Boston, where the length limit is 2.5, which is annoying, but I would like to find a blade at 2.5 or under, if possible.

2) I've found my ladybug a bit too small for some tasks.

3) I've found the blade on my MiniGrip a bit too thick for slicing, especially when I need to use it for food preparation.

So, I'm looking for a knife with some of the following requirements:

- 2.5, but definitely 2.25

- Good slicer (preferably full flat ground, and a blade not too thick)

- Good steel, enough to use a 30' inclusive angle, and hold an edge (anything like the likes of 154cm, vg-10, aus8, or better). If it comes in H-1/rust resistant, that would be a nice addition.

- Drop-point, with a good upward curve (not sure if I'm using the correct terms here). Something like the mini-grip.

- No assisted opening or autos. Just to be safe in the law. In fact, sometimes I worry about my mini-grip which can be easily flicked open when the lock is held back.

- Steel liners are welcome, but not necessary. I do find my Spyderco ladybug flexing sideways under pressure.

- Plain edge only. No serrations / combo edge

- Tight lockup, no blade play

- Pocket clip, pref tip up carry. Deep carry clip would be nice as well

I actually really like the SOG Flash 1, but I'm wary of the assisted opening. Otherwise, it would be perfect, I think. Or, does anyone know it can be modded to remove the spring?

So, does anyone have any suggestions?