Just got my G2!

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
My G2 came in the mail today. So far my impressions are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif. This is my first SureFire/quality/EDC light. It is whiter than I thought it would be. Small, too. Now all I need is a holster. Will it fit in this pouch? Is there a homemade lanyard I can make to go on this light? Thank you for your time! Now i'm off to shine things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

blacksmithtech

Newly Enlightened
I like my G2 better with the holster from Countycomm.com - only 5 beans, you can't beat it! Don't know about the tadgear one. How do you feel about the G2 tailcap?

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
blacksmithtech said:
How do you feel about the G2 tailcap?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too easy to depress so I unscrewed the bezel a little further. Helps a little. Although, I wish it had a LOTC but I can live with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Thanks for the info, guys!

outlaw918692000

Newly Enlightened
I use the surefire polimire holster becous you can carry it head up or down. I made a lanyard with a section of spectra cord and one of thoes pinch spring fasteners you see on a lot of draw strings. Also get the P-61 lamp you won't be sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
outlaw said:
I use the surefire polimire holster becous you can carry it head up or down. I made a lanyard with a section of spectra cord and one of thoes pinch spring fasteners you see on a lot of draw strings. Also get the P-61 lamp you won't be sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How secure does the holster hold the light in both positions? How bulky is it? Thanks for your time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pahl

Enlightened
I like the Surefire V21 holster for the G2.
If you would like a photo of the G2 in the V21 send me a email.

You can buy the V21 for $12 shipped from LPS.

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Diamond,

If you like SOE's stuff, their M2 holster will hold the G2, and the bottom of the pouch has the nice "Mil" feature of turning your accidental light discharges into a nice, subdued "red" lamp, good for close-in map-reading, etc.

SOE's direct website is:

http://www.soegear.com/

The pouch attaches with a Velcro loop, and can be secured with up to 2-inch "duty" belts.

I think mine was something like $15 or $20.

SOE makes serious, no-bull gear that's worn by some of our countrie's finest. Their worksmanship and quality are among the best of the best in the "tactical nylon" industry, and is a step above companies like BlackHawk, etc. Their inherent quality is even evident on something as small as this pouch.

=)

It's less bulky than the SureFire V70 polymer carrier in that it snugs up to your belt a bit more. I typically carry my Z2/C2 in a bezel-down format, bezel-up is obviously no-problem. With the G2, because the bezel is just ever so slightly thicker than their metal counterparts', bezel-up carry is A-OK, but if you'd like bezel-down with the SOE M2 pouch, you'll have to do a bit of "squeezing" at first. However, as with all such gear, they'll expand slightly over time, and after storing your light in the pouch for just a few days, you'll find that bezel-down won't be a problem, either.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Diamond,

No need to thank me. Just glad to help. =)

Other than SOE direct [great bunch of guys, don't be shy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif -- their e-mail server is acting weird at the moment, I would give them a call], one of my favorites is www.Lightfighter.com -- if they don't have it listed, just call their 800 number.

SOE direct will likely get you the item sooner if Lightfighter's has to do a special order (make sure to get an order status -- i.e. ask if it is in-stock, etc.). But these days, with our guys overseas, it may take a little bit of time no matter where you try. I waited about 3 weeks (order-to-door) for my stuff from SOE direct.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Skyline

Enlightened
Fyi,

I have the Ripoffs CO-30 and CO-63 holsters, which fit the G2 as well as the G2Z. IMHO, the CO-30 is much better. The CO-30 is tactical nylon vs the padded nylon of the CO-63. Also, the CO-63 is significantly bulkier.