Tekna Splash-Lite Available at Tektite!

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
After 15 years laying in the kitchen drawer and getting turned on briefly periodically, mine still works great with the original lithium battery.

paulr

Flashaholic
Yeah, I noticed it was back too, pretty cool, I bought an old one from a CPF'er a few months ago since I'd always wanted one. I've been thinking of putting up a review. It's a nice little light, but the #222 screw-base bulb isn't that bright, and because of the reflector and lens the light is somewhat longer than I'd expected (it's about as long as an Arc LS with the Kroll switch). I think these days, the Princeton Tec Blast which runs on two AAA's and has a brighter bulb with a textured reflector is a worthy successor to the Splash-Lite if you're going to use it regularly. For an emergency light (needing long shelf life) or cold-weather light, the Splash-lite's lithium battery might give it the edge.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
You definitely need to get the 600mA 222 type Krypton (cat.#272-1175) from R. Shk.
-Standard #222 bulb is way too wimpy for that light.

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow, I didn't know about that bulb. That sounds great, I'll look for it. At 1.8 watts, that light becomes a WHOLE lot more interesting.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
The krypton bulbs were an accessory from Tekna. They put the cheap bulbs in for the average user and divers would usually go for the brighter, more expensive ones.

I have a Splash-Lite that came in my Wilderness Edge with the original Tekna Lithium battery. It was purchased in 1987. The light is almost as bright as the day I got it.