Recycling some old Li-ion cells

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I went through my batteries and did a charge and discharge test on each cell. I have not really used these cells in a good 6 months or so, cause I've moved onto higher quality cells. To be honest, I would never use these crappy cells ever again even if they were free. They just perform so badly, and don't last!

Here are the results:

5/6 silver UltraFire RCR123s are Junk. Ive had some cells for 1 year, and some for about 3 years. Most cells have been used no more than 10-20 times. I discharged them at 1C and some only held 100mA. The one good one held about 500mA.

4/6 UltraFire silver 18650 2400s are junk. I got 4 of them early this year or late last year and they have probably been used less then 5x. The other couple of cells Ive had for a couple years. The 2 Good ones only held about 1600mA @ 2A, but IIRC they were only about 1800-1900 to begin with.

2/2 UltraFire CR2's are dead (bought them for a green laser a couple years ago).

2/2 10440's are dead.

-------------

Just wanted to post my luck with xxxFire cells. :p You don't see to many people posting how xxxFire cells are holding up after 1-3 years. So I wanted to share.

I also will be recycling a handful of laptop cell pulls that are dead (samsung and sanyo's). But I'm sure these cells actually performed well for their 300-400 cycle life. Now they just have so much internal resistance that they are not worth using.

Also, where would be the best place to recycle these? Does batteries plus take them?