AW CRUD!!! "Darksbane" forum going away completely

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW CRUD!!! \"Darksbane\" forum going away completely

AW CRAP!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I just got through moving the whole damn (excuse the language) forum over to the new server, and while troubleshooting it, I discovered that the program is completely banned at the new server. They say it is a "resource hog". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

So, I guess that the Darksbane forum is going to disappear as soon as the DNS stuff propogates. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So, if you want any of the info there, Better go get it NOW.

Sorry about that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

There are other fourm programs that I could set up over there, but I don't think it is worth it, considering that about any time anyone goes there is when CPF is down, and CPF has been pretty stable lately. (Thank God). And transferring all the old messages to an new system would take DAYS.

If something happens in the future, and CPF is down for several days, I'll see what I can do about setting up a temporary refuge....

Or better yet if someone that has their own domain and wants to host it, I'll let you have the files of the old stuff and help set up the program....

Or, maybe someone would like to set something up at Yahoo Groups for a temporary message board... I belong to a couple of forums that do that for emergency backup.

Sorry about all this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Re: Fair Notice about

Well I tried earlier but once again had difficulties /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif this time I stopped 1 button short...it's sticky now though.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Guys-
I didn't think that this was important enough to bother with making sticky or anything, since there isn't much over there that really matters... Unless one wanted to know every time CPF was "down" for more than five minutes... That is about the only thing that is well documented over there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll probably start the transfer late tonight or tomorrow sometime.... Then it may take up to three or four days for the change in the DNS to propogate. Anything posted there in between will mostly be lost, even though the boards SHOULD remain accessible the whole time.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

AW CRAP!!!!!!

I just got through moving the whole damn (excuse the language) forum over to the new server, and while troubleshooting it, I discovered that the program is completely banned at the new server. They say it is a "resource hog".

So, I guess that the Darksbane forum is going to disappear as soon as the DNS stuff propogates.

So, if you want any of the info there, Better go get it NOW.

Sorry about that.

There are other fourm programs that I could set up over there, but I don't think it is worth it, considering that about any time anyone goes there is when CPF is down, and CPF has been pretty stable lately. (Thank God). And transferring all the old messages to an new system would take DAYS.

If something happens in the future, and CPF is down for several days, I'll see what I can do about setting up a temporary refuge....

Or better yet if someone that has their own domain and wants to host it, I'll let you have the files of the old stuff and help set up the program....

Or, maybe someone would like to set something up at Yahoo Groups for a temporary message board... I belong to a couple of forums that do that for emergency backup.

Sorry about all this.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif
(none of these graemlins shows just how sad I am that Darksbane is going bye bye.)

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Silviron,

Thanks for keeping it going as long as you did. Darksbane helped to keep me from going into withdrawal whenever CPF was down.

Although I understand why you would shut it down, I must say I will miss it. Hopefully, (knocking on wood) CPF will stay up which will mitigate my feeling of loss.

Pat

brightnorm

Flashaholic

I remember one time we were down and SureFire forums acted as temporary host. I guess those day are long gone.

Brightnorm

TheQase

Newly Enlightened

hey silviron,

im not sure what this "Darksbane" is, but I am interested to know about what it is...

I may be able to help save it???

please get back to me asap!

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

It was an online forum, similar to CPF, set up originally as a kind of a backup, a "home away from home" when CPF was down for several days.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not really:
I could do it easily if I wanted, but it is a waste of time and money for me; I only did it as a "service to the community here".

TheQase

Newly Enlightened

Oh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif ,

Well i read this

"Or better yet if someone that has their own domain and wants to host it, I'll let you have the files of the old stuff and help set up the program.... "

And i was under the impression that you still wanted it up...

in that case, i am interested in what it has, and possibly taking it off of your hands?