P60 life?

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
How long will it take 'til a P60 lamp assembly goes out? I was thinking about this and realized my G2 would cost me a bundle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif. I might be getting a SL Scorpion because of the cheap bulbs. And a SL TT 2L for runtime. Still love my G2, though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Thank you for your time.

6pOriginal

Enlightened
Think I heard it's around 20ish hours...not 100% sure tho, just make sure you don't drop it while it's on, that will end it's life rather quickly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif , and that's what I did to my 6p a few days after I bought it...doh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,

I used my first 6P with that lamp weekly for around 3 years, then daily for another 2 years before it went.

GregR

pahl

Enlightened
DiamondCut2_0
I had a SL Scorpion for a couple of years. I never changed the bulb in it.

I know that putting a cell extender on the body and putting 9volts to the P60 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif will really shorten the life of the bulb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Other then that I have not had to replace one yet, but I have had all my Surefire's less then a year.

Overamp

Newly Enlightened
My G2 is what I lend out but last time it came back with a busted bulb. I think I will lend out a SL tasklight and see how that LED holds up.