Hello

Z

z_marshaabend

Just thought I should take a second and say hello to everyone today. Looking forward to your forum and what everyone has to say.

Swiat34

Newly Enlightened
Id also like to say Hi. I'm pretty much just here for this Night Vision section. I'm a former Marine Sergeant and I have an a$$ load of experience with NODs of various design. I've driven in them, walk through dense jungle with em and used em as weapon sights. Obviously in training but also in combat. You guys feel free to pick my brain for any advice on use, care or operation of NODs specifically for US military models and general questions for Over-the-gun counter versions! Semper Fi.
Swat

Longwinters

Newly Enlightened
Welcome I am a newbie here also, thank you for your service to our country.

What is the newest Night Vision Device you have used?

I just bought my first pair of Gen 3's I love them, except the lack of depth perception.

Id also like to say Hi. I'm pretty much just here for this Night Vision section. I'm a former Marine Sergeant and I have an a$$ load of experience with NODs of various design. I've driven in them, walk through dense jungle with em and used em as weapon sights. Obviously in training but also in combat. You guys feel free to pick my brain for any advice on use, care or operation of NODs specifically for US military models and general questions for Over-the-gun counter versions! Semper Fi.
Swat

Swiat34

Newly Enlightened
The pleasure is all mine to serve our nation honorably. I've used PVS7B, C and D models (2-into-1 binoculars), PVS14 monoculars and the PVS18 monocular. Any 2-into-1 binocular screws up your depth perception terribly but with practice, we could play catch with a football! The monoculars take getting used to, with having one eye natural and the other enhanced but you need to focus and marrying the two images in you perception. With practice you will be as natural as in daylight. Any Gen of NODs will throw off your depth perception, it's not just the Gen 3s to blame.