4 Sevens
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4)

Default Re: Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4)

Here're some (crappy) iPhone pics taken on the move.

BUKIT BROWN CEMETERY

Notice board on gate pillar. Not that anyone is keeping the gate locked after 5.30pm. Perhaps it's to remind the inhabitants their visiting hours.
    Light: SC600

Gate that is so stereotypical. All we need is some bats to fly overhead to complete the picture.

Road, left and right are tombstones. Not sure who's in front, probably James or Andy or.....
    Light: Thrunite TN12

Suddenly, someone spoiled the mood. My spider sense told me I should have brought a rope, a stout one.
    Light: see next pic

Polarion Night Reaper. Triode, i hate you....

Ok, I have to admit, it's impressive. Kind of makes me want to do the lightsaber noise.

Subject: Some tombstones, you can differentiate the rich from the poor.
    Light: Different lights

More tombstones
    Light: I think it was Fenix LD15

James here getting a sunburn from the Polarion.

Very peculiar white leaves scattered on the ground in just one particular area.

Little Miss Muffet's BIG friend.
    Light: Think it was Sore-eyez's E1L

We exited the cemetery and found that the Garmen's plan has already commenced. This place will NOT be here much longer, I'm afraid.

On our way to have a drink, we spotted a motorized bicycle. Probably owned by David.

Hoard of the day. No, no one used the beer bottle as a lamp yesterday. To be honest, except for someone-who-spoiled-the-market, I'm surprised we didn't bring a lot of firepower considering the location we were going. For me, I was trying to keep the weight down to the minimum, hence I didn't bring my triple XM-L, XM-L thrower and all. All in all, this gathering has the nicest outdoor temperature I've experienced albeit the moonlight kind of dampened the thing but not that much.
    Last edited by Zeruel; 02-05-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    Sadly, I lend out my D700 to a friend and I am too lazy to carry the D3s along. Hehehe... No photos dude. It was a fun trip. No hauntings and we get to play with all our lights whenever Triode888 turn off his HID Polarion.

All of us---> <---Triode888

Unfortunately we got no ropes to tie him onto a tree.
    Polarion? Did I hear Polarion?!

Thanks for pics Zeruel!

thanks Andy for organising the outing, i din know wad to expect, but it was darker than i expected.

nice pics, Zeruel. just dun ask me when i am organising an outing...

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    just dun ask me when i am organising an outing...
    So when you organizing an outing?

Enjoyable trip guys. Quite fun it is and I like the coffeeshop chap after the trip.

Zeruel, nice of you to share the photos from your iPhone. I am quite sure the guy standing in front is me as I was trying to keep a distance from being scorched by the Polarion. I am sorry guys that I did not pack my camera along on this trip due to laziness on my part.

I am sure you guys have seen, it was embarrassing to be caught by my client for not taking on a job and telling him that I am busy and only to be seen with you guys chatting happily in Adam Food Centre... The truth is I had had enough of missing those previous trips that was organized due to jobs and thought that I should really enjoy myself this time round and get to know you guys better.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Tks Andy for bringing us together. Tks Zuruel for the nice pics. Got a few pics myself to post but just need to sort out host URL issues. Tks Triode for the lights! Tks all for the great camaraderie and experience. Chan you should join us next time. Looking forward to these quarterly trips?
    “Prince of Darkness” is used in John Milton's poem “Paradise Lost”, in the 17th century, referring to Satan, as the embodiment of evil. Aka the “Dark Lord”.

Default Re: Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4) Graves and Tombstones.

Hope this Nokia with AF 5MP and Carl Zeiss Tessar 2.8/4.7 lens works :

You can get lost in this 180 yr old cemetery where the tombstones are mostly jumbled up and surrounded by secondary forest :

The Bt Brown conservationists had started cataloguing the better organised graves and placed numbered markers to note each location :

Some graves have been well-kept and refurbished by the descendants whereas others are forgotten and even consumed by the jungle :

The forest trees are as old as the earliest tombstone dating 1833 AD like this Weeping Fig Tree with gnarly roots :

Flashaholics' shootout undertaken in the cemetery :

Triode lights up the grave site :
    “Prince of Darkness” is used in John Milton's poem “Paradise Lost”, in the 17th century, referring to Satan, as the embodiment of evil. Aka the “Dark Lord”.

Default Re: Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4) Graves and Tombstones.

pjandyho,

Nice meeting you.. tnx for the help and the short tour... I like to join one of your neet ups but not in the CEMENTERY!
    again, if you have time I would really like to watch you while working on your fab. photographs!

Thanks,
    Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by aerosmith9110 View Post
    pjandyho,

Nice meeting you.. tnx for the help and the short tour... I like to join one of your neet ups but not in the CEMENTERY!
    again, if you have time I would really like to watch you while working on your fab. photographs!

Thanks,
    Vincent
    Hi Vincent,

You are welcome. Hope you have a nice walk in my neighborhood. I am sure you enjoyed the sea breeze.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!

hey folks, anyone keen on going to a part of Bukit Timah this saturday, 3 March 2012? its near the junction of Petir Road & Dairy Farm Road.

date : 3 March 2012
    meeting place : 2 storey food centre at junction of Bukit Timah Road & Jalan Jurong Kechil, near Shell petrol station.
    time : 6.30pm for dinner (ideally be on the way to the place at 7.50pm)
    confirmation date : friday, 2 March 2012

name or nick of person going:
    1) sore-eyez
    2)
    3)

* those who are not sure where exactly is the food centre please let me know. there is a Shell petrol station nearby.
    ** for those with their own transport, there is a carpark 'B' along Dairy Farm Road, according to my road directory (Mighty Minds 2010 edition)
    *** those like me who relies on public transport please take note. we will be catching a cab to the location as there is no direct bus there.

Alamak, bro SE, "I'd take it" if that Sat 3 Mar I had no dinner event for my school reunion. But let me know if your date changes pls.

No go for me. The army needs me in camp and I will be away until 9th March.

Flashaholic Triode888@hotmail.com's Avatar

I'm available brothers..
    Triode888

1) sore-eyez
    2) triode888
    3)

hi Taipan, aiya, so bad timing. ask your classmates to come along?

hey Andy, wah, if there are any changes, you can sms me.

hmmm, how come that person ask me organise never put his name...?

meeting place : 2 storey food centre at junction of Bukit Timah Road & Jalan Jurong Kechil, near Shell petrol station.

1) sore-eyez
    2) triode888
    3) Zeruel
    4)
    5)
    6)

* those who are not sure where exactly is the food centre please let me know. there is a Shell petrol station nearby.
    ** for those with their own transport, there is a carpark 'B' along Dairy Farm Road, according to my road directory (Mighty Minds 2010 edition)
    *** those like me who relies on public transport please take note. we will be catching a cab to the location as there is no direct bus there.

Enlightened

1) sore-eyez
    2) triode888
    3) Zeruel
    4) Stong1970 (still trying to figure out where the meeting point is?)
    5)
    6)

Stong, although I can't make it this round, the meeting place for makan is opposite the Beauty World Bldg which is beside Bt Timah Shopping Centre. The 2 storey food centre is above a wet market. This location is also located after King Albert Park beside the Shell Station. Correct me if I am wrong, guys!
    Last edited by Taipan; 02-27-2012 at 04:20 AM.

hmmm, i only know the wet market/food centre is near a Shell petrol station, the nearest & most obvious landmark. he McDonald's at King Albert park is not so visible from the market.

other landmarks include P.I.E. flyover south of the market, Pei Hwa Presby Primary School behind Shell.

must i carry ---> ?

Enlightened

Thanks Taipan and Sore-eyez for the direction.

Hi Sore-Eyez, there is not a need for you to carry the I Love CPF Sign. Just get one of our brother and stand by the road side with his torch on strobe mode will be enough.

He He.

Hi guys, guess I have to give this a miss this time. Got a project at work and working late this week..
    Triode888

Quote Originally Posted by stong1970 View Post
    Thanks Taipan and Sore-eyez for the direction.

Hi Sore-Eyez, there is not a need for you to carry the I Love CPF Sign. Just get one of our brother and stand by the road side with his torch on strobe mode will be enough.

He He.
    Wanna try my HID strobe in action? Joggers at King Albert park also can see.. Haha
    Triode888

hi folks, i am cancelling the outing tomorrow as it was rainging for hours today. i am not keen on getting my shoes all muddy or risk someone slipping in the trails. i know its not a concern for some guys here, but not me.

sorry guys, some other time perhaps.

Thanks for organizing again. Hope it's a better weather and timing for the rest next time.

Let's start the next meetup soon ok..
    Triode888

These meet-ups should be bigger The bigger the better right?
    Maybe I should advertise it in my newsletter ... just a thought

Steven

Actually, there are preferably some limitations to the size of such gatherings. It can make it rather challenging for the designated organiser to PM, email and sms so many. Also depends on pecularities of venue. Most of these places typically have narrow paths and undulating trails which will take even more hours to cover safely if the human chain is too long. Imagine going in and coming out with injuries or worse still, missing head count!

Quote Originally Posted by Triode888@hotmail.com View Post
    Let's start the next meetup soon ok..

So, Triode.... you organizing?

Nana Re: Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4) Graves and Tombstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
    So, Triode.... you organizing?
    Hmmm.. i just came back from China & left a 75w there for my family to use.

Me very busy lately... anyone interested in organizing??
    Triode888

Hi Steven, thats a good idea to create awareness.. Your site is a good one in Singapore.
    Triode888

Didn't know this thread was still on-going! Someone in Singapore's got a Night Reaper!

HIDs aren't much fun in groups though... I personally find lights in the 200-500 max lumen range to be bright enough to see surroundings while dark enough to still keep the environment reasonably mysterious!

Will try checking into this forum more often and will post invitations whenever I decide to head to MacRitchie for a fun night. I recently went there impromptu for a hours walk and spotted a yellow-black snake hunting on the surface of the waters. Followed it around for over 20 minutes. That was pretty cool!
    ---------------------