my wife cuts my hair with dog clippers

spock

Enlightened
don't laugh. we bought an oyster golden A5 clipper(for dogs)at an antique store. it was like new with 2 clipper heads. there is no plastic guard as each head (two piece) cuts to a precise height. we use the 1/8 in head as she gives me a buzz. the blades are extremely sharp and cut quickly. the motor is very quiet and replacement parts are available. it is far superior to any clippers that i have ever bought for human hair. cost new about $130-140.

when she is done, i usually sit and shake hands!

Vinniec5

Enlightened
The Oster's were the clippers Professional Barbers used for years, my father still uses his and they are over 40yrs old. well oiled and work like new. No one bought the cheap crap then, It couldn't be sterilized in the shop

DM51

Flashaholic
SpockDogT.jpg

beerwax

Enlightened
andis agc2 pet clippers . first i cut the poochs hair , then i do mine. works better than all the el cheapo human clippers ive owned. i have a 2mm and if im letting me hair down a 5 mm blade. afterwards we go out the back and check the car wheels and telegraph poles. cheers.

brembo

Enlightened
I've cut my own hair since 1994 with set of Oster dog clippers. I bought them originally for my dog at the time (border colliexgerman shepherd) that would get mats fairly easily. One day while brushing my teeth I noticed how badly my hair was receding. So out came the clippers and I buzzed it all off, then the Bic razor took it down to skin level. Bald is good. 45 second showers can be handy.

northpaw

Newly Enlightened
I found our old Wahl pet clippers out in the garage the other day. Cleaned and oiled it, bought a set of guards, and had my wife cut my hair. Worked great!

Philip2

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't it cut your ears or nostrils, due to having wider spaced teeth than a human hair clipper?