WA1111 vs WA1274 question

Brigadier

Enlightened
In my hotwired Mag - 2C bored for 2XIMR26500, Kiu switch w/thermistor, FM bi-focal reflector, borofloat lens, when I run a WA1111, the beam pattern is beautiful!! Very few artifacts, a nice sized hotspot that throws very far.

But when I switch to a 1274 bulb, it almost seems like the bulb is not focused the same. The hotspot is much smaller, more artifacts[filament wire shadows], and it doesn't throw nearly as far.

What am I doing wrong? As near as I can tell, the filaments are in the same position wrp to the reflector...

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may seem like a simple answer, but have you tried moving the 1274 up/down in the socket? You should be able to find the *sweet spot.*

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Presumably you have already tried screwing the head in/out (assuming that it isn't screwed on all the way already) to see if that makes any difference? If you have leeway for adjustment, it seems like an easier solution than moving the bulb in the socket.

breadfan

Newly Enlightened
1274 naturally has ugly beam from large filament. Good floody light with MOP reflector though!