Flashaholic Get together in Oregon

Eagle245

Newly Enlightened
I would like to host a get together in NW Oregon, post here if you are interested.

Eagle245T

Newly Enlightened
I would still host a get together if we have some interest, Hillsboro Oregon

RCantor

Enlightened
I work in Hillsboro M-W. I'd be in for Sun night or later evening M-W - I get off at 7. Or I hope I do :) Sometimes it's later.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometime next year I'll be moving to the Portland area. Please update if anything comes up.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm nearby. Definitely in. I know of another guy who will be in for it too. I've wanted to have one here for awhile, but I don't have a place where I can host a group, and I haven't put the time into finding a nice outdoor venue.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
At one point Ken Good decided downtown was a great place to light up KOIN tower... :D

I always wanted to light up Multnomah Falls...

Call me crazy but I think Reed College isn't such a bad place for a meet-up. It has a nice open field and the neighborhood is very quiet. Pretty close to Cartopia for post meetup munchies. :)

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reed College sounds like a good lead for location. If they'll let us play with the dark, then we should give it a go.

I'm quite willing to help illuminate the falls too. Sounds like a great future plan.

3Cylinders

Newly Enlightened
Might I suggest Stub Stewart state park? There's plenty of open space and little light pollution. It's also not too far from Hillsboro. There's a video about half way down the page here showing what the area looks like. I doubt there are many campers there this time of year, but a phone call could verify that. Saturday nights after 8PM or Sundays and Monday nights are good for me.

Last edited:

RCantor

Enlightened
Any chance we could make this happen before the end of February? I'm working in Hillsboro this month, but I'm not sure after that.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I probably won't be moving to Portland until March~May of next year. If you guys hold a get together I'll wait until the next one.:)

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did anything ever come of this? I won't be heading up to Portland anytime soon, but if there are any future plans I'm interested. :)

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Unfortunately, not that I know of. Many of us folks in the northern hemisphere don't much pay as attention to flashlights during the summer months. :devil:

... wait ... why can't I see anything outside the windows in the morning these days? :confused: