Some advice please for a first HID torch choice

• Thread starter z_DeepBlackZeppelin
  • Start date
Z

z_DeepBlackZeppelin

Hi everyone. I am wishing to get my first HID torch and I am needing some advice. Incidentally, I have a Lenser X21 which I really like, but also wish to get a high powered xenon torch.

Firstly, would anyone recommend any of the profileration of 24-50W HID Chinese torches on ebay? All of them are selling for about $190 but I am dubious of no name brand Chinese torches. I don't know about the quality of them and I am also put off by some of the stated warm up times of between 30 and 55 secs.

I've been looking around this forum and although I'd absolutely love to get the Polarion PH50, I'm just not going to spend over a $1000 on one. As I looked further, I noticed one torch that I'm interested in-Titanium Innovations LX50. Here is a like on it an batteryjunction:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/titan...-explorer.html

I'm interested in this for a few reasons. It's 5000 lumens, an adjustable focus from spot to flood, (like my Lenser X21, a feature I love) it has an li-ion battery pack and it's not a no name brand Chinese torch that's within a price range I can spend. Batteryjunction lists it at $450.

Could anyone give me advice on whether this is a good torch to get? My Lenser X21 cost me only $380 and I'm happy to spend $500 on something that is five times more powerful with the same adjustable focus. I don't know what the warm up time on this Titanium Innovations torch is though.

If you have any other suggestions within that price range, I'd be grateful. And if you think the ebay Chinese HID torches are worthwhile to get, considering their relative cheapness, I'd appreciate that too.