Banggood Network
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire M3

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Surefire M3

Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar View Post
    It may be awhile before the new M3 Led head is individually available for purchase though. Check the MP for a KL6 or post a WTB.
    Any definition for new?
    In terms of year of appearance please

Quote Originally Posted by jh333233 View Post
    Any definition for new?
    In terms of year of appearance please
    The have some already in production...this year I would think??? They were in the 2009/10 catalog? It's called the KX9 (as opposed to the KX9T)...500 lumens, 4-die. Butt-Fugly as heel though. It'll be on the weapon lights first.

Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar View Post
    The have some already in production...this year I would think??? They were in the 2009/10 catalog? It's called the KX9 (as opposed to the KX9T)...500 lumens, 4-die. Butt-Fugly as heel though. It'll be on the weapon lights first.
    Where can I find a pic of it? Googled it with zero results....dont think I still have the older catalog either.

Flashaholic*

Sounds good if they are keeping old M3 bodies with new led heads

Now I done it....lol. Got another M3 on the way. Its the newer style, so I guess I will be selling my newer style head, since Ill have a whole light I wont need it!

Now the trouble is, do I sit on them for a while as is, or do I try to scrape up the cash for either a Nailbender D36 or a Malkoff MD10?
    It would seem the Nailbender would be much brighter, but its also a lot harder to install too...I dont want to goof up the head taking it apart, and Ive read some stories of guys not being able to get them apart...

Quote Originally Posted by T45 View Post
    I think I might start a bake sale so I can get a M3.
    MINE!

Now I have to get a LED drop in tower!
    Be a Light In the Universe

I found one! What a great light. Love the size and beam.

You've seen the light! Looks like it's in excellent condition. I consider it one of the best flashlights ever!

Good morning Hotwire. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I got a very nice one. Just a couple of minor ano' nicks in it. I really do like it. It's the "largest" flashlight I own- which is pretty funny- outside of an old Maglite. The size jump from the 2-cell lights to the M3 is great. A bit more to hang on to and a great heft/feel in hand. The beam is awesome. I was using it last night to check to see whether I'd be salting/sanding my properties. Great thrower, love the incan' light.

Quote Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
    You've seen the light! Looks like it's in excellent condition. I consider it one of the best flashlights ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lodogg2221 View Post
    Where can I find a pic of it? Googled it with zero results....dont think I still have the older catalog either.
    Well, it looks like the dumped the first KX9, but this appears to be the replacement: (pg. 74)

http://www.surefire.com/surefire/con...talog-revB.pdf

Shrug Re: Surefire M3

One of these days I'm really going to have to focus on getting meself a M3 head. The seraph P7 is cool but definitely not suitable for pocket carry.

Enlightened

Found a NIB one a while ago, I'm lovin' it

Last edited by chnzwh; 03-04-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Unenlightened

Just simply wow. That's a hell of a commitment to luminosity there. I see a few things I recognize, but man, that's a hell of a lot of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Size15's View Post
    There were two versions of the pre-finned "M3" (Z46) bezel
    I can't find my M3 bezel lineup photo so this will have to do for now:

The pity is that Surefire has stopped making most of what's in this picture.

Nice collection there!

It didn't stop there...

Ut oh. Only a small representative? Nonetheless, it sure is nice!

If you have a Surefire M3, you NEED a Malkoff MD10 LED Module. Get One. Today.

That's the first pic I've seen of one, TK45! Thanks for sharing...now I really have to get one!

Hi T45- I'm awaiting notification from the Malkoff's when they are back in stock. What's your sense of relation to the MN11 or -10? I recently picked up a MN11, which is great. Does the MD10 replicate output? Thanks for your insight.

Quote Originally Posted by T4

5;3906774

If you have a Surefire M3, you NEED a Malkoff MD10 LED Module. Get One. Today.

CBLME, the specs for the LD10 are rated as 250 OTF Lumens for a runtime of 2.5 hours, that's on the Malkoff website. That matches the output of the MN11 and increases the runtime 500% over the incandescent MN11. In the email exchanges I have had with Gene, I think that if there is enough interest, he might come out with a 125 OTF Lumen version, matching the output of the MN10 and should have a runtime of approx 4 hours, a MD10L maybe? The unit I was shipped has a small brass ring with it. That ring goes between the unit and the battery stack, since the first production runs were a little short in overall length. Subsequent units will be corrected.

My unit has worked beautifully, is a great spotter with a tight center spot, and has a little spill. Remember, the M3 was clearly intended as a thrower and with the MD10 module, it works even better in that role.

The MD10 has all ready done me some great service. I recently had a sleepless night and went for a walk to try and settle down my nerves and I put my M3 with its new MD10 in my back pocket for any lighting needs I might have along the way. After crossing a bridge on my late night stroll, I saw something on the sidewalk in front of me. Initially I thought it was a cat, but I decided to make sure and lit it up. It was a SKUNK! After some hissing and clapping, it scooted off into some nearby overgrowth. Being a flashohlic does have its upside.

If any of you have a M3 and have been cautious about using it due to costs with the low runtimes of the incandescent bulbs, get a Malkoff MD10. Gene might even come up with a warm version for all you tint heads.

Good evening T45- Thanks a lot for the reply. I did do the lumen comparison when looking at the MD10 but was curious about the beam shape/throw comparing Gene's to the MN11. I wanted to retain the throw of the M3 using the MN11 and that sounds like it's the case. I'm definitely going to grab one when my wallet allows as I really enjoy using the M3. However, just as you noted I tend to use it a bit sparingly due to the battery consumption. I find it's worth it though.

Well done on the skunk! Nothing worse than being unable to sleep (all too familiar at times).

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by T45 View Post

My unit has worked beautifully, is a great spotter with a tight center spot, and has a little spill. Remember, the M3 was clearly intended as a thrower and with the MD10 module, it works even better in that role.
    Last edited by CLBME; 03-24-2012 at 08:09 PM.

The Malkoff MD10 is on SALE! $79 down from the usual $99. Get one!
    Last edited by T45; 04-04-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Surely this has been covered in the thread already, but for those of you who can't spend the cash on the MD10 and are worried about using up primaries could always use 2x17500 for guilt free lumens...

I picked up an MD10 for my M961 and it is exactly what I was looking for. Haven't had a chance to get it outside in a pitch black environment yet, but so far it seems to have a tight hotspot and I'm anticipating equivalent throw to the MN11.

Hi all,

The malkoff md10 is very interesting. My m3 is stock but i use 17500 with the valeno xp-g tower module.

Does anyone here have both the valeno and md10 tower? How do they fare with each other? Is it possible to post side by side beam profile please?
    SF M6-R85 M3 G2D FYL G2ZL E1L McGizmo HA PD-S Ti Mule-PD BB Haiku-XP-G Inova X1
    (My Collection)

Quote Originally Posted by CLBME View Post
    I did do the lumen comparison when looking at the MD10 but was curious about the beam shape/throw comparing Gene's to the MN11. I wanted to retain the throw of the M3 using the MN11 and that sounds like it's the case.
    I realized you might have been expecting a response here -- unfortunately I have not had the two side by side outdoors to compare the MD10 to the MN11, but I'm assuming you would actually get a bit more throw from the MN11 strictly based on lumens being equal and giving the nod to the incandescent (which typically offers better throw).

But, my MN11 has been relegated to duty inside my SC2 spares carrier moving forward. The runtime and brightness of the MD10 (IMO) make up for the slight bit of throw it may conceded to the MN11.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I've put the MD10 in my cart several times............. but have yet to check out. It seems like a no-brainer but for some reason I keep hesitating. Mostly money at the moment. I agree with your sentiments. The run time far outweighs any issues with throw especially as I run primaries. Let me know what you think though if you run them for a comparison.

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by cland72 View Post
    I realized you might have been expecting a response here -- unfortunately I have not had the two side by side outdoors to compare the MD10 to the MN11, but I'm assuming you would actually get a bit more throw from the MN11 strictly based on lumens being equal and giving the nod to the incandescent (which typically offers better throw).

But, my MN11 has been relegated to duty inside my SC2 spares carrier moving forward. The runtime and brightness of the MD10 (IMO) make up for the slight bit of throw it may conceded to the MN11.

CLBME, at the discounted price, it really is a no-brainer. I paid full price and am very happy with it.
    I have yet to get a set of rechargeables to run with it, but will as Im also going to mod my other M3 for use with a Nailbender module...

CLBME, at the discounted price, it really is a no-brainer. I paid full price and am very happy with it.
    I have yet to get a set of rechargeables to run with it, but will as Im also going to mod my other M3 for use with a Nailbender module...
    LOL, hell the price on the MD10 was so good I thought about buying an M3 to have as a handheld in addition to the M961 in my arsenal. Isn't that sad that I'd build a flashlight around a Malkoff dropin???

Hi Lodogg2221- thanks for the reply. After having responded earlier I've decided it'll be the next Malkoff I buy!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast