ArmyTek
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Surefire M3

Default Re: Surefire M3

M3 group shot, with a L6 in for good measure. Easily one of my favorite lights. Have a user M3 with a Malkoff LED tower in it too. Very nice combo!

Whoa LE! Very Nice! Is one of those vintage M3's mine? I forgot who I sold it to. Luckily, I was able to get another one (not as nice, but still in excellent shape).

Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar View Post
    Whoa LE! Very Nice! Is one of those vintage M3's mine? I forgot who I sold it to. Luckily, I was able to get another one (not as nice, but still in excellent shape).
    I don't think I got any of them from you, but I recall when you scored that new in the box early M3!! The 2 on the far right are earlier versions, and the 2 on the left are after those. I know there was on more type of early bezel but have no idea when it was used? Must have been in the first 100 or so? I think one of mine is #200ish, so the other bezel must have been a real early variant. Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by LE6920 View Post
    M3 group shot, with a L6 in for good measure. Easily one of my favorite lights. Have a user M3 with a Malkoff LED tower in it too. Very nice combo!

Oh, the bitter envy! That is one excellent selection of M3s.
    Be a Light In the Universe

Ok,

it seems the bezel style below may have been before, not after the versio on the bottom.

This one below has both the snap in lens on the low # ones and the higher 3 and 4 digit serial # ones. I have this version on a 2 digit serial # snap in lens version.

The version below appears on a non-snap in lens higher 4 serial # light, so I think it actually came after the one above, even though it's encountered less frequently.

Enlightened

I think you are correct. The bezel on the top pic is the same as my A00180 light that I bought from AOW, via Ztab .

Quote Originally Posted by Darien View Post
    I think you are correct. The bezel on the top pic is the same as my A00180 light that I bought from AOW, via Ztab .
    Where I am also seeing that bottom style bezel a lot is on M500 series lights. Does anyone have a pic of it on a M3? Maybe it was offered mostly on the M500.

I just ordered the MD10 mod for my M3. It'll be nice to have the M3 back in the game.

I have an M3 with the SW01. I moved the rings forward making it easier to twist. I can still use the momentary function. Just an idea....

Flashaholic*

I just picked up one on the Marketplace. In fact it was one of LE6920's. I think I have a lifetime stash of MN10s!
    Last edited by kelmo; 05-07-2012 at 09:09 PM.

I received my MD10 and put it in the ol' M3. The beam looks almost identical to my Surefire LX2 on its max setting. It appears to be just a slight bit brighter than the LX2, but not by much. The tint is a cool blue and has less green than the LX2. I like it. I just don't like the incan bulbs for the M3.

Flashaholic*

I took one camping this last weekend as my primary hand held light. It is surprising how long a set of batteries lasts. I carry it in a V40 holster. It is a very satisfying light.

kelmo

Quote Originally Posted by kelmo View Post
    I took one camping this last weekend as my primary hand held light. It is surprising how long a set of batteries lasts. I carry it in a V40 holster. It is a very satisfying light.

kelmo
    Were you running the MN10?
    Chris

Flashaholic*

Yes I was.

Nice.

I just sent funds for a M3 in GREAT condtion. It comes with the FM27 beam cover, MN10 and MN11 lamps with lanyard. I'm excited! I have the M961 weaponlight and was impressed by the throw, so I'm looking forward to having it in a handheld configuration.
    Chris

The MN10 is a great general purpose bulb. Runs great on AW17500's. The only thing I don't like about using those batteries is the protection circuit. There is very little dimming prior to a complete and sudden shut off of the light. That is why I am still hoping for IMR17500's someday.
    Finally seeing the light - going back to incans!!!!

Flashaholic*

Thats why I like primaries. You can definitely tell when the end is near as output starts to sag but the beam is still servicable. It's time to change the cells when the light doesn't fire.

I got my first (used) M3 over the weekend. It included a FM17 beam cover, lanyard, 3 SF batteries showing 2.99 volts each, and 3 fresh SF 123 cells for $130 shipped. I'm pretty happy with the deal even though the light itself does show some dings on the bezel, but even better I found a Malkoff MD10 on the CPFMP yesterday for a very good price and now it will have a home in my new to me M3.

I really like the light. It is WAY too big for every day pocket use, but it'll be a nice light to keep in the car in case I need something ridiculously bright with great throw.
    Last edited by cland72; 05-21-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: corrected beam cover model
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cland72 View Post
    I got my first (used) M3 over the weekend. It included a FM17 beam cover, lanyard, 3 SF batteries showing 2.99 volts each, and 3 fresh SF 123 cells for $130 shipped. I'm pretty happy with the deal even though the light itself does show some dings on the bezel, but even better I found a Malkoff MD10 on the CPFMP yesterday for a very good price and now it will have a home in my new to me M3.

I really like the light. It is WAY too big for every day pocket use, but it'll be a nice light to keep in the car in case I need something ridiculously bright with great throw.
    The only way to carry one "in-style" is how they carry them in the first "Resident Evil"

The only way to carry one "in-style" is how they carry them in the first "Resident Evil"
    Do you have a screen capture or picture of this? I'm not familiar.
    Chris

Has anyone done outdoor beam shots at distance, comparing the MN10, MN11, MD10, and Veleno Designs LED tower?
    Chris

I just watched that movie again, and other than at the beginning where Michelle Rodriquez' character uses a flashlight to check on why the train's power supply is not working, there are no other hand held flashlights used in that movie. Oh, it's available for free viewing on crackle.com

Quote Originally Posted by T45 View Post
    I just watched that movie again, and other than at the beginning where Michelle Rodriquez' character uses a flashlight to check on why the train's power supply is not working, there are no other hand held flashlights used in that movie. Oh, it's available for free viewing on crackle.com
    While they don't use them the M3's in the movie, they are definitely carrying them (the "Soldiers) , upside down, towards their backs. The one Michelle uses at the beginning, is an old school E2e.

I'll try to get you a screen shot, Cland.

Flashaholic*

...The one Michelle uses at the beginning, is an old school E2e.

I'll try to get you a screen shot, Cland.
    You sure AOW? I thought she was using a mini-Mag with the plastic attachment that you bite down on when hot wiring the train. But then again when Ms. Rodriguez is on the screen I tend to get tunnel vision and not pay attention to the other things going on around her!!! Loved her in Avatar but I digress...

The time stamp for that scene with Michelle Rodriquez is 16:00 to 16:15. Mini mag? Ummm, I would say not due to the machined rings around the body. Older version of an E2e? I couldn't say with certainty.

The time stamp for that scene with Michelle Rodriquez is 16:00 to 16:15. Mini mag? Ummm, I would say not due to the machined rings around the body. Older version of an E2e? I couldn't say with certainty.
    Yes, it's an old-school (90's...LOL) E2. I wanna say, IIRC, it's also using the old ribbed LED head (KL1).

Yes, it's an old-school (90's...LOL) E2. I wanna say, IIRC, it's also using the old ribbed LED head (KL1).
    still waiting.....just what were those M3s being carried in? what scene in the movie did you see that anyway?

Flashaholic*

...just what were those M3s being carried in?...
    I carry mine in a SF V40. It was originally designed for the 9AN but it fits pretty well with a Z48 tailcap.

Just snagged a M3T on eBay... How well does this throw compared to the M3?

Posted using Tapatalk on my HTC Evo
    Chris

Hi Cland72- I asked this same question a while ago before I bought my M4, when I already have an M3. I believe (could be wrong) that the M4 and M3T use the same head. If I'm right then you will see a definite difference between the two. My M4 clearly throws further than the M3. I really like it. If I'm wrong about the heads ignore me.......

ETA- here's the question I posted:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...t=#post3914365
    Last edited by CLBME; 06-13-2012 at 07:39 PM.