ArmyTek
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Surefire M3

Default Re: Surefire M3

Very nice M3!

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    The famous M3 Serial # A00180 now lives down under

You got to love CPF this M3 has had four different CPF members enjoy owning it at one stage and now it is my turn. This light is still in its mint condition as it was on the first page.
    Very happy thanks.

cheers

Yes I am pretty blessed to have scored that light very happy.

I also have a NIB M3T crosshair logo as well. Same mint condition never used with box and all the paper work it’s a very nice light as well.

Here is my whole gang of M3’s the one on the left is a very dark HA serial No:A00619 it is used but not a mark or a single bit of ano missing real good condition. Second from the right is the only non-crosshair serial No:A07613. I need some parts for the other dark HA old crosshair body serial No:A00527 it has a miss printed crosshair logo it was printed to long. So maybe this was the first of the dark HA M3's and they stuffed up the first logo ?

cheers
    Last edited by Rat; 07-06-2012 at 02:31 AM.
    WTB: Surefire -6, DARPA DEF3A, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Rat, the 4th from left with the Z48 tailcap. what serial number range is that one? That is the one style bezel M3 version I am missing. I have seen that bezel on the older logo like yours and also the newer style logo.

Very nice M3T cross-hair as well!

I just received my M3T-CB from Opticsplanet Thursday. I really like it. It fits the hand better than the M6, IMO, and the MN15 emits a beautiful beam. The only negative is the lack of anti-roll built in.
    Finally seeing the light - going back to incans!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
    I just received my M3T-CB from Opticsplanet Thursday. I really like it. It fits the hand better than the M6, IMO, and the MN15 emits a beautiful beam. The only negative is the lack of anti-roll built in.
    Was it the new SF logo, or the older version Logo? I was tempted to pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by LE6920 View Post
    Was it the new SF logo, or the older version Logo? I was tempted to pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by LE6920 View Post
    Rat, the 4th from left with the Z48 tailcap. what serial number range is that one? That is the one style bezel M3 version I am missing. I have seen that bezel on the older logo like yours and also the newer style logo.

Very nice M3T cross-hair as well!
    Hi
    It is serial No:A07613 I should of removed the Z48 tail cap and put the original tail cap back on for the pic.
    Cheers
    WTB: Surefire -6, DARPA DEF3A, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    The famous M3 Serial # A00180 now lives down under

You got to love CPF this M3 has had four different CPF members enjoy owning it at one stage and now it is my turn. This light is still in its mint condition as it was on the first page.
    Very happy thanks.

cheers
    Very nice Rat! I can almost feel a tear swelling up...almost...I was tempted to keep the tag...LOL! Glad it has a good home!

I just received my M3TCB and M2 from OpticsPlanet. The M2 is the newer model not the ribbed bezel type as shown.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoccia View Post
    I just received my M3TCB and M2 from OpticsPlanet. The M2 is the newer model not the ribbed bezel type as shown.
    Thanks for the update. You cannot go wrong for that price.

cheers

You guys inspired me. I've always been partial to the aesthetics of the M3 and managed to grab the last M3-CB in town. With their discontinued status, you have to jump on them. What a sweet light, just need to get a Malkoff MD10. I think I'll need an M2 as well.

Does anyone know where I could get an M3 bezel wrench. I've looked around on CPF, the one individual who made them [from delrin] hasn't been online for quite some time. The lens on my brand-new M3 was installed sloppily and the outer gasket [seems like it's made from nylon or some other harder material] isn't flush with the bezel ... i.e. it's bulging in a couple of spots. Just thought I'd fix-it-up b/c I'm that kind of person.

This thread prompted me To sell my jetbeam TCR-1 to fund an M3-CB. Any pointers on what battery/bulb config to run besides the 3x123 setup? I prefer rechargeables and am also considering a Malkoff MD10.

Thanks
    -Chr1s-
    Got Lights? USE EM!!

2x17500's with the MD10 works nicely according to what I've read...

Thanks bubba!
    -Chr1s-
    Got Lights? USE EM!!

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    2x17500's with the MD10 works nicely according to what I've read...
    2x17500 will also let you run the MN10 incan bulb in case you want to switch out from time to time.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by beach honda View Post
    This thread prompted me To sell my jetbeam TCR-1 to fund an M3-CB. Any pointers on what battery/bulb config to run besides the 3x123 setup? I prefer rechargeables and am also considering a Malkoff MD10.

Thanks
    17500 and MN10 LA

MINE!!

Its AWESOME! Now for the 17500s to run the MN10. This and the "M2" ribbed style are my favorite bezel variants for the M3. I love these crenellations and the build quality is tremendous.
    Opinions on the triad tailcap? Keep it or ditch it? Number one choice would be an SW01, next would be a GanP, then RPM SW01 style. PK designed Surefires > newer design Surefires IMO.
    Last edited by beach honda; 09-05-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    -Chr1s-
    Got Lights? USE EM!!

Are any of you guys having problems running 2x17500 AW and the Malkoff MD10?

Mine seems to have intermittent contact: if I shake the light, the contact isn't 100%. However, if I run the same batteries with the MN10/11, I have no problems at all.
    Chris

Have any of you guys looked at trying to mod the LED on the MD10?
    I like the drop in but it's a bit cool. It looks like the whole drop in is potted and not sure how the LED is wired in.

Chris: did you use the spacer ring that gene includes? Has anyone else reported a similar problem?

SOYCD: it looks like a swap I wouldn't want to try, especially with the whole warranty thing. But I do agree, a warm tint version would be very sweet. Perhaps even a neutral or warm XML?

Thoughts?
    -Chr1s-
    Got Lights? USE EM!!

Chris: did you use the spacer ring that gene includes? Has anyone else reported a similar problem?

SOYCD: it looks like a swap I wouldn't want to try, especially with the whole warranty thing. But I do agree, a warm tint version would be very sweet. Perhaps even a neutral or warm XML?

Thoughts?
    I'm eager to suggest the Nichia 219 bandwagon, I have yet to buy the MD10. Picked up a Z46 recently and ordered an LF-HO-M3. Sure enough, doesn't work with 17500s, so not much of a guilt free setup... but its certainly cheaper than the MN10 with shipping

Update

M3-R
    -MN10 LA
    -Battle tested SW01 Fatty
    -AW17500 x 2
    -J.C. Lanyard

There are many like it, but this one is mine. Enjoying the warm Incan goodness.
    Last edited by beach honda; 09-05-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    -Chr1s-
    Got Lights? USE EM!!

Sorry I missed this question -- I tried using the spacer, but as a result the bezel would not screw down all the way onto the body.

I'm thinking it could be due to the design of the spring on the MD10. Not sure if stretching it slightly might help, but it runs fine on primaries.

Great looking M3 by the way! That "broken in" tailcap looks awesome.
    Chris

Beach Honda...Like your lanyard! "Battle Tested"
    Be a Light In the Universe

I just picked up an M3T the other day. Probably not going to keep it, but I sure like the design. Wish the M3LT/UB3T was this compact.
    Do something alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

Redacted
    Last edited by beach honda; 09-05-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    -Chr1s-
    Got Lights? USE EM!!

Yep, I've had issues, but primarily with li-ions. I often have to shake it to get it to light up with 2 x 17500. Haven't noticed it with primaries though.
    Chris

Some lights/battery combos may require a shim. I bought an MD10 from the very first batch and had the same problem. If you didn't recieve a shim from Gene, I'm sure he will send you one if you ask.

S1LVA

We've both tried the shim and unfortunately it doesn't help.

Posted using Tapatalk on my HTC Evo
    Chris