'Tis' the season to .... watch out for mistakes at the cash register...

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
So, I was at the Guitar Center today purchasing a microphone and some mic cables. I had described to the salesman what I wanted and he brought me a large grey plastic case that had a mic that met the specs I was looking for. I asked him if I could open it up and take a look - he said no, but pointed me to the display case where there was one on display (I bet you know where this is going...). So I paid for it and then right there at the counter, I asked if he minded if I opened up the case to look at the mic, since I had just paid for it. So I carefully remove the cardboard around the plastic case and open it.... and low and behold, the case is empty.. no microphone and no mic holder. The sales guy looks astonished and says the computer showed that they had 2 total in stock, so he went, got the other one and that one had what should have been there. He said the mic that should have been in my box must have been the one that was on display... Right. I can only imagine if I had gotten home only to discover an empty box instead of what I purchased and if the store would actually believe that there was nothing in the box when I opened it.

I have read too many horror stories about people getting home with purchases only to find bricks/rocks instead of hard drives, or bricks instead on flat-screen TV's..

I have now experienced it first hand. Don't leave the store without opening packages that are not obviously sealed. Tough, if it slows down the check-out lanes.