What flashlight(s) do you take on vacation?

RevDavid

Enlightened
What flashlights do you travel with? I usually take the E2E or the Photon II which is always on my keychain... though next time I will probably carry the TW4 instead of the E2E. Longer light, and no bulb to burn out... I think it will be my first choice from now on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David <><

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i take my pt40 and brinkmann rebel long life.. i'd love to upgrade my lights, but, lack the funds..

an e2e and a photon 2 would be awesome to have tho..

*goes to check the couch and the car for change*

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my travels to home, school (dorm), and to my reserve unit, I pack my Scorpion and Pelican M6 with 6 CR123's in a travel case. I have an arc aaa LE hanging around my neck with my dog tags. My SL TT 1L is in a www.countycomm.com holster with a spare 123 in a APS film case along with it. This is the light I attach onto my load bearing vest and gear so its my first use light, with an arc aaa as back up and a PM6 being my throw light with the scoprion as a back-up to the PM6. If the case ever arises, I have a UV pocket light from countycomm, not strong, but its fun to light up those Uv only markers.

RevDavid

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JasonC8301 said:
If the case ever arises, I have a UV pocket light from countycomm, not strong, but its fun to light up those Uv only markers.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by UV only markers? Is it something you encounter on the road?

David <><

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should have been more clear on this. I use it to read special signs on the armory of my reserve unit. Not anything classified or important, but a good read, usually short stories written in those UV light visible markers on the walls. I use it to make sure the night vision works too.

RevDavid

Enlightened
Wow...

Now I wonder what kind of things are written in places right in front of me that I have never noticed.

Maybe I should get one of those UV led units. I saw one at Tactical Warehouse, but couldn't think of what to use it for. Now I know. Thanks!

(Like I really need an excuse)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif Stop that, or I'm going to buy another light!

David <><

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't really need one. I bought it because I was ordering from countycomm anyway.

The Arc aaa looks so tempting in 395 UV light, not needed but fun to play around with.

Watching the strip on bills light up, credit cards having their marks, and reading the stock # printed on my Armani cologne box (Acqua Di Gio.)

You don't need any more lights. E2e has got you covered in bright lithiums, photon has you on LED. Might look into a back-up practical light as you said. Arc aaa for $25 or a CMG Infinity Ultra are two choices, arc aaa is more solid and noticably smaller (well side by side, a lot smaller.) Only if they made an aaa lithium battery.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc AAA or infinity ultra, palight (great for leaving on low setting in dark and unfamiliar hotel bathrooms), attitude, and usually a luxeon like my madmax.

my streamlight TL-2 LED will probably be traveling with me as well.

it is amazing how useful those lights were in grand canyon, zion and niagara falls.

Bob

EPguy

Newly Enlightened
Depending on what part of the world I travel to, but at a minimum, I take an E2E, L1(or now the A2) and a 6P, spares kit. On my daypacks I have a photon and the keyrings still have the Arcs on em'.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you guys don't take all your lights on vacation?

now admittedly, i don't have as large of a collection as most of you ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ), but if i'm going out for one or more nights, i take all of my lights.

E

EchoSierraTwo

Well, If I ever do go on vacation. I will take my Arc LSH-P and the Arc AAA. I should be receiving the Pelican M6 is it? today. Everyone seems to like and rave about it. So for $30.00 Green backs I said what the !@#%. I plan to Mod it just the same. If that works out It will go in my B.O.B (bail out bag). Anyways, thats if I ever go on vacation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
good timing on this post as im trying to decide which lights im going to take with me to Charleston this coming weekend. im leaning right now towards my SL TL2 LED and my Micro Illuminator and of course my turquoise Arc AAA on my keychain and my white Arc AAA around my neck, but i've also got an itching to take my Hyperlux I but it's just too pretty of a light to risk getting lost on vacation????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Reaper

Enlightened
Just my LS2, Infinity and 3AA Opalec. These are exactly what I had when I went down to Long Beach for a wedding. What a small airport. Best part was when the security checker couldn't figured what the LS was UNTIL he clicked it on while pointing at his eyes. Head snapped back and a fellow checker laughed, then enquired as to how many flashlights I actually had with me. Just 3 - THIS time.

Streak

Enlightened
All of the above and their variants plus a Krill light as a night light for the kids. 120 hours on a pair of AA's!!

Glo-Toob as general marker lamp for diving, hiking and to mark the room for the kids when vacationing in resort type places with many rooms.

83Venture

Enlightened
I have a small (4 x 6 3/4) Flambeau infinite divider system box that was mentioned in another CPF post that I keep in my work shoulder bag.

It contains in the first row- 1st compartment - 1 ARC 123 twistpack and a standard clickie pack with 2 AAA batteries on top, next compartment has a headstrap that will hold the LSH in 123 or AA config, a CMG Infinity or ARC AAA etc.

Second row - 1st compartment holds a Mag lens cap with bluw/white/red lens that will fit over the E2e, next compartment holds 3 AA and 1 AAA batteries, Next compartment holds an Infinity Ultra with battery.

Third row holds - 1st compartment 2 123 batteries, 2nd compartment holds an ARC 2 AA battery pack with 2 batteries in it with a lanyard on top and a ARC AAA with battery.

I place this box in a 7 x 8 inch zippered pouch that I got at home depot. Then add some type of 123 light (E2e, SL 1L/2L, PM6 etc in a country.com pouch and a 8 hour light stick. This gives several light sources and spare batteries.

AA batteries can be swaped between the LSH and Ultra. AAA between the ARC AAA in box and my EDC ARC AAA. 123 batteries swap between the LSH I EDC along with whatever 123 light is in the Country.com pouch.

Still room in the plastic box and the pouch to add stuff. Whole thing measures 7 X 8 inches. Keep in my work bag, if traveling or going camping just take it out and add to luggage.

About the only thing I add is an Eternalight X-Ray and Zipka +. When ARC LS4 comes out may put LSH in box, EDC the LS4 and leave the Eternalight in the van.

Of course in CPF tradition have other lights at home and in each vehicle!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like to keep it simple:

Always take the Scorpion for EDC (don't mind risking losing it at airport/hotel/etc.). Innova red on keychain (always with me). Zipka+ or other small LED headlamp in luggage in case it's needed. 1 or 2 sets of spare batteries for the Scorpion in luggage.

Rex

Newly Enlightened
I travel light and also like to keep it simple.
When holidaying locally (New Zealand), me and my wife's Arc AAA on keyrings gets carried by default. I also bring my E2E/KL1 for outdoor use like night walks, plus a small UV light for inspecting bedsheets/car engine/money. My 9-year old son always carries his LSL-S by strapping it on his bike or scooter as a headlight.
On my next overseas trip, I would be bringing the cheap Innova X5 knockoff instead of the E2E/KL1. Lots of runtime and not a big deal when it gets lost.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on where you spent your vacation. I travel quite a lot to remote (or semi-remote) area in China. Blackout is quite often in these area during summer even in Hotel. Bear in mind that these hotels are very primitive and dim the lobby light after 8:00 pm for energy saving.

I carry 3 lights normally for such travelling, Utlra Infinity (for long time blackout), KL1 (serve most of scenario) and Pila G4 (to brighten up entire room). I found that these combination never fail me so far.

Alan

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
My list changes from vacation to vacation, but invariably my Arc AAA LE is in the mix. My wife ends up using it to read her magazines after the kids are asleep in the hotel room.

Earlier this year our hotel had a fire alarm go off at three in the morning. I grabbed my Scorpion along with my valuables (and family!) and headed out...

A few months later we were on another vacation and my mini-mag W/ BB500 came in handy (as did the Arc AAA).

Finally, a few weeks ago we went out of town to see some relatives. My TwinTask 2L came in VERY handy when walking the dog late at night in unfamiliar territory. And again, the Arc AAA was put to "late night reading" use.

So for me something nice and bright like the Scorpion (e2e if I had one!) and something more utilitarian like the Arc AAA is all I need. But I always brings extra lights just in case. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon