Minimag NXO5 and Fraen ???

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
I just put an InReTech kit in a minimag and want a tighter beam. I think the InReTech came with the NXO5 is therre a Fraen optic that will work? And where do i get one. Everyplace i could find seems to be out of stock.

Thank you
Geoff

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi sgtgeo,
the normal Fraen optics are conciderably larger, so unless you can turn it down on a lathe, this won't work... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne from Elektrolumens had some Fraen low profile optics that are a replacement for the NX05. Beam shots look very promising, but i think he's sold out now.

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks

Are there any other sources for the Fraen low profile?

Geoff

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have one of the Fraens left. If anyone finds a source. please post. If you're feeling particularly helpful, please PM me, in case I miss it.

Thanks.

kj

Enlightened
I think MR Bulk knows the source for the Fraen LP and he did order a bunch for his Baby Pin and Super LGI. I'm not sure his source will sell it in a small quantity.

I also want to buy a couple! I did make a WTB post on B/S/T but it seems no one has any extra so far...

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Electrolumens site says,"back ordered I should have these in by October 7, and begin shipping by then"

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Right now the Fraen Low Profiles are pretty hard to get unless one is willing to order like 150 of them direct from the factory in Italy and pay the wire transfer fees and duties (which I had to do!) which caused me to end up paying nearly the retail cost per piece for the dang things.

That said, I have used up most of the ones I had and in fact may need to get a few more to go into the rest of my committed mods. I have 29 left but am making 29 more Super LGIs, so any additional orders for lights using the Fraens will entail having to find even more of them, although I do not anticipate ordering another 150!

ubermensch

Enlightened
Given the interest in these things, if someone were to buy a bunch (even at retail price), I'm sure they would sell out. And that person could mark them up to make it worthwhile. I'd probably even pay double to get a few.

Latest posts