TL-3 xenon or C3 ?? for throw

Kiu

Enlightened
i want to have either one. i love the throw of Surge, but it's too bulk to carry sometimes. i m finding something in more compacted size.
anyone knows which will give further "throw"? (TL-3 xenon tightest vs P90 vs P91) or vs PM6, surge...
or other suggestion to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif thankyou

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
IF the P90/91 have the same beam patterns as the P60/61, the throw contest would most likely go to the TL-3 at 10,000 lux at beam center (PM6 was 7000 at beam center). The P60/61 are wide spots not designed for throw as much as for lighting a large area in front of the user. I believe it is the same for the P90/91, but since I don't have one, someone else will have to confirm...

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Xminxm said:
i want to have either one. i love the throw of Surge, but it's too bulk to carry sometimes. i m finding something in more compacted size.
anyone knows which will give further "throw"? (TL-3 xenon tightest vs P90 vs P91) or vs PM6, surge...
or other suggestion to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif thankyou

[/ QUOTE ]

The PM6 will significantly outthrow the P60, P61, P90, P91 and most other 2x123 and 3x123 non-turbohead lights. The two exceptions are the ASP Taclite (internal focus with "new" lamp) and TACM III. I can't state that it will outthrow the TL-3 Xenon since I don't have one

Brightnorm

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TL-3 will outhrow a PM6, and any of the SF 3-cell lights. It has a decent focus capability, and a realy tight spot.

--dan

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
The TL-3 will outhrow a PM6, and any of the SF 3-cell lights. It has a decent focus capability, and a realy tight spot.

--dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Dan,

I guess I'll have to get the darn thing.

Brightnorm

Kiu

Enlightened
thx all~

i think TL-3 is the way i want. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

however, i have a another question.

what will the result comparing the total light out:

TL-3 (175 lumens) vs P90 (105 lumens) vs P91 (200 lumens)?

TL-3 & P90 are both 3-cell & 1 hr runtime

Can TL-3 really give out 175 in (surfire's lumens)?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, there's no way to tell unless you want to send both of them to a lab where they use the same equipment and same methodology for the tests. Both manufacturers may have used slightly different methods resulting in different readings....

The TL-3 definitely outthrows the PM6 - hence the 10,000 vs 7,000 lux reading at beam center. The TL-3 has a brighter hotspot and therefore more throw.