Best Charger + AAA Battery Combo?

Z

z_trinode

Hi all,

Am new here, but your forum kept coming up in almost every google search I did on batteries and chargers so I figured I'd ask here.

Ive done some research on charger that can refresh batteries (I have to be honest, I abuse batteries and think this may help) and Ive come up with the shortlist:-

Ansmann Energy 8 Plus

Lacrosse Tech BC-900 / BC-9009

Maha MH-C9000

1) Ansman Energy 8 Plus, I think it's too simple, to the point where it decides when to refresh, what if I need the batteries soon?

2) BC-900/9009 It will be unattended fairly often and I've seen the horror stories about it cooking and exploding batteries (it may only be 1 in 1000 or even less, but that's more than the others...).

3) C9000 This was going to by my choice, but I've read how long it takes to program each slot individually, sort of assumed that it would use a current suitable for AAAs and AAs, but it uses 1000mA by default. (MaHa, if you read this put a bit of flash memory in the charger and let us set the default current)

Most of the AAAs I've seen are 800mAh I've some labeled as 1000mAh but I'm pretty sure they're not.

So that would mean the charger would be charging at about 1.25 - 1.3C (assuming the 800s don't quite hold 800)

Is there anything on the market that charges AAAs without configuration (or exploding), but lets me select to do a refresh or discharge?

I hope there's something out there, available in the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated.

- Anthony