how to disassemble a mag xl100?

mash.m

Enlightened
hi,

i wan to mod my xl100. so i must disassemble the led dropin and the driver includet in the tailcap. does anybody know how i can disassemble those two parts?

i tried yesterday to get out the dropin and the driver but without success.

thanks, markus

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search. I have a thread around here where I tore one down and took pictures of it. I will tell you that the tail cap can't handle much more current than what you are getting now so you are limited to emitter swaps with this light.

m.garibaldi

Newly Enlightened
Do a search. I have a thread around here where I tore one down and took pictures of it. I will tell you that the tail cap can't handle much more current than what you are getting now so you are limited to emitter swaps with this light.

I did a search yesterday and found your interesting post after I wrote my question.

Thats right... I only want to swap the emitter against such one with more lumens at the same current.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
than wait.
i,m 99,9% sure driver for rebel led in xl100, and driver for xr-g in xl200 are not the same, drive xpg with the same driver rebel is driven you wont see much difference if at all.

but if you insist, may be this thread will help

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
than wait.
i,m 99,9% sure driver for rebel led in xl100, and driver for xr-g in xl200 are not the same, drive xpg with the same driver rebel is driven you wont see much difference if at all. [/URL]will help

I'd believe that to be the case as well; possibly even the same as the Luxeon driver. Its interesting how all the "brains" are in the tailcap. I'd like to swap another XL200 (or even XL50) tailcap for my XL100 as the orientation selection while interesting, is annoying in the dark.

-DF