I'm looking for recommendations on the ideal running headlamp. I would like to spend 100 or less if possible, but would consider up to 200 if I can get something bombproof.
My top concerns are:
1. Adequately lighting up the ground to identify terrain / obstacles far enough ahead to give reaction time for navigating obstacles while running ~10MPH on roads and trails. Some flood would be desired to light up my field of vision in my immediate area.
2. Run time. I run up to 2 and a half hours at a time, so I need a light that will last at least that long.
3. Battery cost and longevity. I run 2 to 3 times a day of which 2 runs may be in the dark. So If I am depleting the battery in one or two runs = lots of recharging.
4. Durability and waterproof and performance in the cold. While I don't expect to be dropping or abusing this light it will see heavy use outside in the New England winters (snow and rain).
5. Looking for minimal weight, don't want something jarring around on my head as I run.
Through the little bit of reading I have done before my 1st post I was thinking of the ZL H51 or waiting for the H51F. The other light I was considering was the Surefire Saint Minimus. What lights would you guys recommend for a new guy like me looking for a high end running light? And what type of batteries/charger would you recommend with your recommendation?