SPY 007 Gunner Grip option

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Textured metal grips have been around on guns and knives for years. I have always wanted to do this on theSPY lights but until now the CNC programming has eluded me. It is complicated and time consuming not only because of the machining but because of the bead blasting and tumbling needed to bring it to its final form.

I am still experimenting with this but right now I have two finishes and I think that both are going to be available. One is stone washed and the other is bead blasted. Actually both finishes require both processes to be performed. The difference is what is done last. The bead blasted finish is blasted, then tumbled, then blasted again. The tumbled is even more involved.

The Gunner Grip option 007 will be $1395 and you can go ahead and post here if you want one. These will be built to order in the first couple weeks in January. Of course you do not need to pay till the gunner grip 007's are ready.

Lets get to some pictures. First up is the stone wash.

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1530.JPG

This is the
only pic of the bead blasted finish. It is on a junk part but at least you
can see the velvet smooth blasted finish.

IMG_1521.JPG

Both of
these bodies are old junk prototype bodies with terrible machining lines
that are visible in the pictures. Please disregard this nature of these
finishes as they will not be in the final product.

I am only going to
offer these in made to order form so if you are interested please let me
know here and/or in the sales thread. Better pics of the bead blasted finish
are coming in a couple days.

Cheers
Dave

more Stone
Washed pics

IMG_1633b.jpg

IMG_1633c.jpg

IMG_1631b.jpg

IMG_1634b.jpg

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
==================================================
========================
This post is from the HTML recovered from Google Cashed Data. It represents the information from the original posts made by various CPF members to this thread. Rebuilding this thread was necessary because the original posts were lost in the "Great CPF Server Crash of 2011".
========================
Re: SPY 007 Gunner Grip option
Written by stevevh on 12-15-2010 09:50 PM GMT

Dave, let me be the first to say,

I will take one! Stonewashed please with neutral white XP-G.

I take it the emitter will be the same as the others.

Thanks,

Steve

Written by tricker on 12-15-2010 09:57 PM GMT

how much for that old junk prototype stonewashed? :)

Written by shado on 12-15-2010 10:10 PM GMT

I can't see the pictures on my IPhone? Hopefully, I will be home in an hour to see the pictures? I'm working late so I can take tomorrow off and buy aSPY 007 XP-G.

Written by Data on 12-15-2010 10:11 PM GMT

stevevh said:
Dave, let me be the first to say,

I will take one! Stonewashed please!

I take it the emitter will be the same as the others.

Thanks,

Steve
Yes same bright white or neutral white XP-G.

Written by Data on 12-15-2010 10:14 PM GMT

shado said:
I can't see the pictures on my IPhone? Hopefully, I will be home in an hour to see the pictures? I'm working late so I can take tomorrow off and buy a SPY 007 XP-G.
I can see them on my iphone 4 in both safari and tapatalk.

Written by blitzlicht65 on 12-15-2010 10:46 PM GMT

Hi Dave,

I'll take a stonewashed one with bright white XP-G.

Thanks.

Dirk

Written by Launch Mini on 12-15-2010 11:03 PM GMT

I like thegrip but am not a fan of neither the stone wash nor bead blast.

Written by oj218 on 12-15-2010 11:13 PM GMT

Hi Dave,

I take a Stonewashed with Bright White XP-G.

Thanks,
OJ

Written by wyldthng on 12-15-2010 11:24 PM GMT

Oh my goodness. Please put me down for one!
Dave would it be possible for you to post a pic that has both finishes next to a regular finish for comparison. I am having trouble making up my mind on finish!
thx

Written by proline on 12-15-2010 11:36 PM GMT

Launch Mini said:
I like the grip but am not a fan of neither the stone wash nor bead blast.
I'm kind of thinking the same thing. A natural finish gunner grip might be interesting.

Written by sioncool on 12-16-2010 02:07 AM GMT

Hi Dave

Thanks again
Sion

Written by London Lad on 12-16-2010 03:12 AM GMT

Hi Dave

I would like a stonewashed one with bright white XP-G please!

Written by mendhammarsh on 12-16-2010 07:50 AM GMT

Hello Dave,

Stonewashed with bright white XP-G please. Thx.

Written by sledhead on 12-16-2010 08:17 AM GMT

Dave, why did you do this!Gunner grip and stonewash is to great a combo to resist. I'll take one - bright white, stonewashed and gunner grip. Take your time. :thumbsup:

Written by Rudi on 12-16-2010 08:59 AM GMT

Firm order for a neutral white stonewashed please.

Written by wyldthng on 12-16-2010 10:15 AM GMT

Hi Dave
Please put me down for a bright white, stonewashed gunner grip.

Written by proline on 12-16-2010 10:35 AM GMT

I am interested in one in Neutral White. Would like to see the possibility of maybe a natural finish edition if it could be done... :)

Written by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond on 12-16-2010 11:21 AM GMT

Dave,

Beautiful finishes! I would like a Stone Washed one with neutral emitter.

Written by TranquillityBase on 12-16-2010 03:30 PM GMT

Wicked awesome cool!!! I see aGunner switch knob in the future :tinfoil:

BTW..I hate you!!!

Written by shado on 12-16-2010 04:36 PM GMT

proline said:
I'm kind of thinking the same thing. A natural finish gunner grip might be interesting.
Dave,

I'm thinking the same thing Launch Mini and Proline are, would you concider a natural finish gunner grip?

Thanks
Todd

Written by russtang on 12-16-2010 05:09 PM GMT

Dave, sorry to clutter your thread, but :wow: :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:

Written by Data on 12-16-2010 09:09 PM GMT

shado said:
Dave,

I'm thinking the same thing Launch Mini and Proline are, would you concider a natural finish gunner grip?

Thanks
Todd
The blasting takes the shiny divots away and the tumbling rounds the entire structure into a very slick shape that feels great has a super look. Of course I did not invent this, I just invested enough time to come up with my version of it that I think works on this flashlight.

I do not know if some variation of this would look and feel good without the other processing.

Cheers
Dave

Written by Rudi on 12-17-2010 01:45 AM GMT

Sorry to introduce yet another variable Dave, but would it be possible, with theGunner Grip option, to protect the flat surface of the tail cap from the bead blasting and tumbling so as to retain the beautiful milled stripes?

Written by karlthev on 12-17-2010 03:31 AM GMT

Lordy but am I slow on the gun here! Yikes, just saw this! :shakehead Nice, nice VERY nice! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm approximating Old Mother Hubbard right now though so, I'll leave all these for the deserving gentlemen (and ladies!) of the viewership....at least for now.... :eek:

Oh, by the way, I prefer the bead blasted finish myself being a more polished fellow that I am.... :duh2: :sick2:

Hmmm....I wonder what my Jetta will fetch on the used car market....???

Karl

Unknown
Written by dcaprilia on 12-17-2010 05:35 AM GMT

Hi Dave,

Please put me down for one in bead blasted finish w a bright white XPG.

Thanks,
Derrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Written by RIDE on 12-17-2010 08:48 PM GMT

This is SUPERB!!!! I love the newgrip......and the stonewashed finish is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic stuff Dave!

RIDE

Written by Data on 12-17-2010 09:58 PM GMT

Rudi said:
Sorry to introduce yet another variable Dave, but would it be possible, with the Gunner Grip option, to protect the flat surface of the tail cap from the bead blasting and tumbling so as to retain the beautiful milled stripes?
The processing does not take that feature away completely. In fact I think it still looks good. I will take some pics of that soon.

I started machining the Gunner Grip bodies that you all have requested. Plus a few more junk bodies to refine the finishing process just a little more. I will have more to show you all and there will be options for everybody to look at soon.

This will not take long as I am keeping this on the fast track and I am hoping we will all have fun with it too.

Cheers
Dave

Written by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond on 12-18-2010 04:00 PM GMT

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond said:
Dave,

Beautiful finishes! I would like a Stone Washed one with neutral emitter.

Additional request - and sorry to be a pain - but I would like my emitter to be a 5A/B/C tint XP-G. The 3A/B/C tints are still to cool for me. Is this possible? They should be readily available in a R4 flux bin just like the 3X tint ones.

Edit - please cancel this request - the more I play with the current neutral tint, the more I am liking it. I don't know if I would consider it truly neutral - or more pure white - but it's looking really good to my eyes.

Oye - I'm being fickle. :duh2:

Written by stevevh on 12-18-2010 04:34 PM GMT

Hey Dave,

In your experience which of the 2 finishes resists scratches better? Also any chance of some more pictures of the bead blasted finish? :naughty:

Thanks!!

Oh also, are these babies going to have the tactile clicks or soft clicks?

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
========================
This post is from the HTML recovered from Google Cashed Data. It represents the information from the original posts made by various CPF members to this thread. Rebuilding this thread was necessary because the original posts were lost in the "Great CPF Server Crash of 2011".
========================

Re: SPY 007
Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 12-18-2010 08:17 PM GMT

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond said:
Additional request - and sorry to be a pain - but I would like my emitter to be a 5A/B/C tint XP-G. The 3A/B/C tints are still to cool for me. Is this possible? They should be readily available in a R4 flux bin just like the 3X tint ones.

Edit - please cancel this request - the more I play with the current neutral tint, the more I am liking it. I don't know if I would consider it truly neutral - or more pure white - but it's looking really good to my eyes.

Oye - I'm being fickle. :duh2:
Send me an email and we can talk about it.

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 12-18-2010 08:22 PM GMT

stevevh said:
Hey Dave,

In your experience which of the 2 finishes resists scratches better? Also any chance of some more pictures of the bead blasted finish? :naughty:

Thanks!!

Oh also, are these babies going to have the tactile clicks or soft clicks?
So far I would say the stone wash hides scratches pretty well but I am surprised to find that the bead blast is more difficult to scratch than I thought it would be. So really both are good in that department. I will get more pics up soon.

All my lights have the tactile clicks now but they are quieter than they have been on some of the previous lights.

Cheers
Dave

Gunner Grip option

Written by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond on 12-19-2010 04:41 AM GMT

Data said:
Send me an email and we can talk about it.
No worries Dave - spent the better part of the night playing with my new spy and I am really digging the neutral tint you picked. It's just a touch cooler than most neutrals, but the color rendition (which is why I think people pick the warmer neutrals anyway) is really good. No overblown blues yet the red still pop. My original order stands all good. :)

Gunner Grip option

Written by Launch Mini on 12-21-2010 11:56 AM GMT

The more I look at these, the more I am liking the BB finish.
Do I "need" another SPY?

Gunner Grip option

Written by chipwillis on 12-21-2010 11:58 AM GMT

Launch Mini you do need more Spy's I have a few and still need more ;)

Gunner Grip option

Written by Launch Mini on 12-21-2010 12:00 PM GMT

Perfect advice. Short term goal "one for each night of the week".

Might have to sell my Mac EDC-50. Nice light, just not getting used enough, this might help a bit towards the Gunner Grip option.

I did just pass my Tri-V on, that should permit me 2 SPY7x additions.
I still want to add a 5 to my collection though.

Gunner Grip option

Written by London Lad on 12-21-2010 12:40 PM GMT

Launch Mini said:
Do I "need" another SPY?
Corse' you do! silly :)

Gunner Grip option

Written by wyldthng on 12-21-2010 01:59 PM GMT

Launch Mini said:
Do I "need" another SPY?
Sigh! The word "need" is so subjective and open to interpretation. I personally, use that as an excuse to interpret it my own way, so I say......... of course you do!

Gunner Grip option

Written by jslappa on 12-21-2010 05:56 PM GMT

wyldthng said:
Sigh! The word "need" is so subjective and open to interpretation. I personally, use that as an excuse to interpret it my own way, so I say......... of course you do!
It's funny you would quote Launch Mini here. Be sure to thank him, because Tri-V #0442 used to be his. Now you will be the keeper of this masterpiece. See, these Tri-V's just love to live in O' Canada!

Gunner Grip option

Written by wyldthng on 12-21-2010 06:38 PM GMT

jslappa said:
It's funny you would quote Launch Mini here. Be sure to thank him, because Tri-V #0442 used to be his. Now you will be the keeper of this masterpiece. See, these Tri-V's just love to live in O' Canada!
Oh a big thanks to both you and Launch. I will be wearing a trough in my floor pacing as I wait for my new baby. Then he and his "brother" the Spy 007 will wait for the new gunner grip addition in January...... Nothing like an enthusiastic newbie..... :devil:

Gunner Grip option

Written by Launch Mini on 12-21-2010 07:11 PM GMT

wyldthng said:
Oh a big thanks to both you and Launch. I will be wearing a trough in my floor pacing as I wait for my new baby. Then he and his "brother" the Spy 007 will wait for the new gunner grip addition in January...... Nothing like an enthusiastic newbie..... :devil:
Congrats on the Tri-V. It was hard for me to part with it, but glad it's back home ( well sort of).

Gunner Grip option

Written by Rudi on 01-02-2011 06:33 AM GMT

Dave,
Having followed the entire history of Spy lights, I've noticed and admired the progression of the machining challenges you set for yourself. It is impressive to me that you can program a machine to gunner-grip such a pattern into an irregular area with such precision, and I'm wondering whether you had this in mind for the 007's flat surfaces from the get-go, or whether that idea came much later in the evolution of the light.

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 01-02-2011 04:28 PM GMT

Rudi said:
Dave,
Having followed the entire history of Spy lights, I've noticed and admired the progression of the machining challenges you set for yourself. It is impressive to me that you can program a machine to gunner-grip such a pattern into an irregular area with such precision, and I'm wondering whether you had this in mind for the 007's flat surfaces from the get-go, or whether that idea came much later in the evolution of the light.
Rudi,

I do not remember when I first thought about it. I think it was after I finished the original design but not long after. As I said before I have wanted to do this many times.

Cheers
Dave

Gunner Grip option

Written by DaFABRICATA on 01-02-2011 06:50 PM GMT

OH MAN!
This is absolutely beautiful!!

A few questions...Will this have the most recent driver in it running the XP-G at 1400mA?
What is the timeline for the sale?
What is the latest date one will be able to say "I'll take one"?

Any plans in the future for a redesigned Spy?...(not that it needs it but...)
You have impecable taste when it comes to designing things and I'd LOVE to see what a 008/009 would look like!
Interested to hear if you are willing to give us a "teaser" other than... :whistle:... :nana:...Pleeeease??... :) :devil:

Lifes pretty crazy for me right now, but I did find a bunch of stuff in storage to sell off and would LOVE to be able to get one of these. I just don't want to commit to one and not be able to raise the funds in time.. :( :sigh:
That is why I ask about when the cut-off date sale will happen...so I can plan accordingly...(hopefully)

Your lights/designs just keep getting better!!! An Ed Brown 1911 would go PERFECT with this design as it has the same "gunner grip"..(if I remember correctly) Combined, would be one hell of an EDC!

Gunner Grip option

Written by Launch Mini on 01-02-2011 10:00 PM GMT

I keep looking at the BB finished and am really starting to like it, a lot.
Do I sell one of the Seoul SPY's to help finance one of these Gunner versions???
Having a bit of Tri V withdrawl too, so do I hold out for the Tri V2?
Decisions decisions decisions.....

Gunner Grip option

Written by StrayLight on 01-02-2011 11:40 PM GMT

I have some questions (which I'll take to email), but please consider this a placeholder:
Stonewash GG with bright white XPG.

I also have to echo the broader timeline & redesign questions daFAB raised...

Gunner Grip option

Written by DaFABRICATA on 01-04-2011 11:35 AM GMT

Email sent with some questions.. :wave:

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 01-04-2011 02:49 PM GMT

DaFABRICATA said:
OH MAN!
This is absolutely beautiful!!

A few questions...Will this have the most recent driver in it running the XP-G at 1400mA?
What is the timeline for the sale?
What is the latest date one will be able to say "I'll take one"?

Any plans in the future for a redesigned Spy?...(not that it needs it but...)
You have impecable taste when it comes to designing things and I'd LOVE to see what a 008/009 would look like!
Interested to hear if you are willing to give us a "teaser" other than... :whistle:... :nana:...Pleeeease??... :) :devil:

Lifes pretty crazy for me right now, but I did find a bunch of stuff in storage to sell off and would LOVE to be able to get one of these. I just don't want to commit to one and not be able to raise the funds in time.. :( :sigh:
That is why I ask about when the cut-off date sale will happen...so I can plan accordingly...(hopefully)

Your lights/designs just keep getting better!!! An Ed Brown 1911 would go PERFECT with this design as it has the same "gunner grip"..(if I remember correctly) Combined, would be one hell of an EDC!

Yes, these gunner grip models will be just like the 007's with an XP-G that are available right now. They have the STFu MK-I with the new Tri-V like code that I internally call STFu MK-I Rev 3.0 code. There is no cut off date for this option. I plan to offer this on a by request basis.

There is not a new model SPY on the board yet. I am concentrating on the current variations of the 007 and the New Tri-V2. That will keep me busy for a wile yet.

Cheers
Dave

Gunner Grip option

Written by Rudi on 01-08-2011 05:15 AM GMT

Data said:
There is not a new model SPY on the board yet.
Cheers
Dave
Glad to read that last three-letter word: "yet"

Gunner Grip option

Written by easilyled on 01-08-2011 10:35 AM GMT

I'd love to see a picture of a whole GG BB SPY007.

Gunner Grip option

Written by Launch Mini on 01-08-2011 10:53 AM GMT

easilyled said:
Me too, but this is getting to be quite the Acronym for this light.

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 01-10-2011 12:12 PM GMT

easilyled said:
I am working on that.

Gunner Grip option

Written by London Lad on 01-15-2011 12:40 PM GMT

:candle: :candle:.................. :devil:

Gunner Grip option

Written by StrayLight on 01-17-2011 02:20 PM GMT

So, how about those pics to tide us over?

Gunner Grip option

Written by RIDE on 01-18-2011 12:00 AM GMT

I keep coming back to this thread.........I love this finish!!!

Makes for a perfect EDC Spy....just screams USE ME! :) :) :)

RIDE

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 01-29-2011 03:14 PM GMT

I am excited at how the stone washed GG is coming out now. The process is stabilizing and I have gotten rid of some of the darker undertones. I have several other pics including pics of the bead blast finish to post yet but I wanted to throw this one up so you could see it. It is brighter than before and the stone wash effect is more lustrous. What do you think?

IMG_1633b.jpg

Cheers
Dave

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 01-29-2011 03:21 PM GMT

IMG_1633c.jpg

It is hard to photograph the light and make it look as it does to my eyes as I hold it in my hand. But this magnified crop shows something of what it looks like up close.

The aluminum pen above is polished bare aluminum and is of course a little brighter than the 007 SWGG.

Cheers
Dave

Gunner Grip option

Written by Launch Mini on 01-29-2011 03:31 PM GMT

Looks great
Thanks

Gunner Grip option

Written by chipwillis on 01-29-2011 03:36 PM GMT

nice real nice, I might have to get one.

Gunner Grip option

Written by London Lad on 01-29-2011 04:57 PM GMT

I have to say that I preferred the original photos. I liked the dark undertones.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
========================
========================

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 01-29-2011 09:15 PM GMT

Here are two more of the Stone Washed pics.

IMG_1631b.jpg

IMG_1634b.jpg

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 01-29-2011 09:30 PM GMT

These are pics of the bead blasted lights. They do have water drops on them as it was snowing when I took the pics. This finish looks good but it shows finger prints and dirt easily.

IMG_1632b.jpg

IMG_1635b.jpg

IMG_1636b.jpg

Cheers
Dave

Gunner Grip option

Written by StrayLight on 01-29-2011 11:20 PM GMT

London Lad said:
I have to say that I preferred the original photos. I liked the dark undertones.
Same here.

Gunner Grip option

Written by easilyled on 01-30-2011 04:57 AM GMT

I have to agree with London Lad and Straylight that I too prefer the darker stonewash finish.

I am also more partial to a darker bead-blast finish, akin to the earlier picture which showed a small section that had been bead-blasted.
I don't know how easy it is to achieve, but contrast between dark bead-blasted and brighter gunner-grip sections would be very attractive in my opinion.

Gunner Grip option

Written by Rudi on 01-30-2011 05:58 AM GMT

+1 for less bright

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 01-30-2011 03:38 PM GMT

I went back and looked at all the pics I posted again and I agree with you guys, based on the pictures I posted the darker finish does look better.

It did not come through with my post or my pics but what I am really excited about is that the new stone wash finish is a much better looking finish in person than it was. This is all really difficult to photograph.

The actual brightness difference between the two is very very slight. Let me put it to you this way, this photo is of the same body as is in post #56 but it was taken without a flash. The flash makes it look much brighter than it looks like if you are holding it in your hand and without a flash it looks much duller than it really is. Sorry for the confusion.

IMG_1641b.jpg

Cheers
Dave

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 01-30-2011 03:43 PM GMT

easilyled said:
. . . I am also more partial to a darker bead-blast finish, akin to the earlier picture which showed a small section that had been bead-blasted.
. . .
The bead blasted finishes you see in post #1 and in post #62 are in every way exactly identical. Again it is a flash pic verses non flash pic.

Cheers
Dave

Gunner Grip option

Written by London Lad on 01-30-2011 05:06 PM GMT

It is so difficult to portray colour accurately under flash lighting...

Gunner Grip option

Written by dcaprilia on 01-30-2011 07:30 PM GMT

Looks great! Im excited for the BB finish :) I have to start saving for this light.

Gunner Grip option

Written by tino_ale on 01-31-2011 03:51 AM GMT

Titanium is very difficult to accurately picture under various lighting situations. Potential buyers be aware it'll never show the same in picture than in person.

Gunner Grip option

Written by easilyled on 01-31-2011 04:02 AM GMT

Data said:
The bead blasted finishes you see in post #1 and in post #62 are in every way exactly identical. Again it is a flash pic verses non flash pic.

Cheers
Dave
Ah! That explains it. Please could you take a non-flash picture of the entire bead-blasted light then? I'm sure it will look fantastic. :thumbsup:

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 01-31-2011 10:01 AM GMT

easilyled said:
Ah! That explains it. Please could you take a non-flash picture of the entire bead-blasted light then? I'm sure it will look fantastic. :thumbsup:
BB GG

IMG_1627b.jpg

Gunner Grip option

Written by wyldthng on 01-31-2011 10:10 AM GMT

Ummmm.... As long as we are asking for pictures..... Could you please take on with the three finishes side by side. ie a "regular" Spy, a BB and a stonewashed? The comparison might help...... :thinking:
thanx!

Gunner Grip option

Written by StrayLight on 02-02-2011 06:10 AM GMT

Data, thank you for making these available and for your efforts in regard to my switch question, but I am officially withdrawing my request for one of these lights.

Gunner Grip option

Written by Rudi on 02-20-2011 10:19 AM GMT

Must be close to time for an update?

Gunner Grip option

Written by RIDE on 02-20-2011 07:05 PM GMT

That BB version looks hot too!

RIDE

Gunner Grip option

Written by Data on 02-24-2011 12:09 PM GMT

Rudi said:
Must be close to time for an update?
Sorry, I got my head in the sand here working on something. The GG is ready to go but give me a few more days so I can introduce a new option too. ;)

Cheers
Dave

Gunner Grip option

Written by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond on 02-24-2011 12:14 PM GMT

Options.....? ;) We like options.... It means we get to spend more money! :)

Gunner Grip option

Written by London Lad on 02-24-2011 01:10 PM GMT

Ow Err...

Last edited:

Rudi

Enlightened
I just hate seeing this thread at the bottom of the list week after week, so, up to the top it goes.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of these Spys is not like the other...... (aka: Re: SPY 007 Gunner Grip option)

As the title reads......

Spy007_SWGG_01.JPG

:naughty:

Spy007_SWGG_02.JPG

:twothumbs

Spy007_SWGG_03.JPG

:grin2:

Spy007_SWGG_04.JPG

Spy007_SWGG_05.JPG

Spy007_SWGG_06.JPG

Spy007 SWGG #503 landed in my mailbox today and I am very proud to say that I am the first owner of a beautiful new Stone Washed Gunner Grip Spy. Dave asked me to keep myself quiet while he prepared the light for me and wait to post until I had it in my hand.

What can I say about this light that you can't imaging by looking it? The look and texture of this light is just awesome. If I had to describe how it felt in my hand the best word I could use to describe it would be "soft". That's right, if you can imagine a piece of metal feeling soft and velvety, this is it.

This Spy retains the perfect ergonomics of the original Spy007 but the metal of the light feels soft in the hand. The stone blasted finish is smooth as can be and the gunner grip CNC work is exquisite. The gunner grip makes the light feel more secure than ever when held.

Not sure what else to say until I get to spend a bit more time with the light. I will let Dave give the official opening of the ordering if he likes, but I think you can take this posting as notice that this light is available.

blackfly

Enlightened
I am looking forward to seeing if the gunner grip & stonewashed finish will be options on the Tri-V V2 when it is revealed.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking forward to seeing if the gunner grip & stonewashed finish will be options on the Tri-V V2 when it is revealed.

I would like to know the answer to that question too. :)

The Tri-V2 will be nearly identical to the Tri-V externally. The flood will look a little different because it will be the XP-G in there and it will be behind glass. Having said all that I still do not know if the Tri-V2 body will take kindly to the SW GG treatment. The issue in my mind is how the stone wash looks around the head of the light. If I had to stone wash it with the head removed there are other hurdles I would have to jump through. I am just not there yet. If I had to guess right now though, I do think it just might work.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: One of these Spys is not like the other...... (aka: Re: SPY 007 Gunner Grip optio

I will let Dave give the official opening of the ordering if he likes, but I think you can take this posting as notice that this light is available.

Nice photos.

The SW GG XP-G 007 is now available for order. I am going to build these one at a time because I have to stone wash them one at a time.

This thread still serves as the sign up thread.

Cheers
Dave

blitzlicht65

Enlightened
Re: One of these Spys is not like the other...... (aka: Re: SPY 007 Gunner Grip optio

Hi Dave:wave:,

(Not sure if we have to confirm our first order?):D

:wave:

Last edited:

Rudi

Enlightened

Ordering one stonewashed Gunner Grip 007 please. Email sent.

Many thanks.

proline

Enlightened

Written by proline on 12-16-2010 10:35 AM GMT

"I am interested in one in Neutral White"

E-Mail sent 4/7/11

mendhammarsh

Enlightened

Written by mendhammarsh on 12-16-2010 07:50 AM GMT

Hello Dave,

Stonewashed with bright white XP-G please. Thx.

Email sent

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice photos.

The SW GG XP-G 007 is now available for order. I am going to build these one at a time because I have to stone wash them one at a time.

This thread still serves as the sign up thread.

Cheers
Dave

Thanks Dave - and thank you for the SWGG light. After a few days with the light I am convinced this should be the new texture for the future. The smoothness of the surface is just amazing - it truely does not feel like you are holding a metal light. The grip with the GG finish is amazing!

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave
What would the ETA on A GG Neutral be?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave
What would the ETA on A GG Neutral be?

How did I miss this. Sorry.

I am building them now. It will only be a few days till the ones that have already been ordered are ready to go. I am making a couple extra too.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

The SW GG lights are moving along. The bodies are machined and blasted. Two of them are done with the stone wash, they came out really good. It takes 24 hours to stone wash each one and they can only go in one at a time. Five more days and all will be done. I can start shipping the ones that are paid for.

Cheers
Dave

Rudi

Enlightened

Paypal sent, with a smile on my face.