SPY 007 Sales thread #5 << Closed >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPY 007 Sales thread #5

This thread is closed, all lights sold. :)

There are currently neutral white 007's and bright white 007's available.

This sale is for the standard machined finish version of the 007 and now also for the SW GG finish. The Stone Washed Gunner Grip finish is available, see below. The SPY 007 SW Gunner Grip Option will built to order.

HV2T0722s.jpg

IMG_1543.JPG

Below is a pic of the optional SW GG finish. It is available now.
IMG_1634b.jpg

COST:

The price of the 007 is $995.00 plus shipping, and insurance. You can send me a check in the mail or I take PayPal. There is no additional PP fee. The shipping charges are below.

The Stone Washed Gunner Grip option is $1395.00. The details on that optional finish can be found here.

SHIPPING:

I charge for the actual shipping cost:

Next day shipping to all USA locations is $30.00 (CUSA only)

Shipping to Canada is $33

Express Mail Shipping to all countries outside the USA is $33.00

Priority Mail Shipping is not offered.

INSURANCE:

All lights shipping to USA locations will be insured by me for $500.00. If you want additional shipping insurance email me and I will get you a rate.

All the lights going to countries outside of the USA will be insured at $100 value and claimed for that same value. They MUST be the same, no exceptions. Insurance for more than $100 is additional and it will change the claimed value. The risk is yours. I recommend and use Express Mail because it is very reliable. FedEx is even more secure and costs more as well.

PAYPAL and FEES:

There is no additional PayPal fee. If you are paying by PayPal, I will only ship to a PayPal-confirmed address. If I do not know you, I reserve the right to wait for payments to clear before I ship.

If you live in Pennsylvania the sales tax is 6% of the cost of the light.

Please PP your totals to my PP address: [email protected]

EMAIL:

Please follow up your post with an email to me. The subject line of the email should be SPY 007 sale contact information. Please use this format for your personal information:

Full Name,Address 1,Address 2,Address 3,City,State,Zip Code,Province,Country,Phone Number,E Mail,CPF Name,

I need the phone numbers too.

Disclaimer: All the lights in this sale are new and unused. They are in as perfect condition as I can make them. What that means is they have no major blemishes but they do have cutter marks, tooling marks, and material imperfections. If you cannot stand a light that has the tiniest of scratch on it, then I recommend you buy a McGizmo light, they are perfect. :) The batteries were new when the lights started the build but they have been used for setup and testing. I estimate they still have 80% of their power. All lights sold in the USA will have batteries included. Any lights sold to other countries will not have batteries. The 007 software has changed slightly.

My email is cpfdata at coolfall.com. That is also my PayPal ID. It is in my sig below.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Re: SPY 007 Sales thread #5

Please could we have a summary of the programming instructions for the SPY007X including saving the programming to the allocated slots and checking the current levels?

It would be nice to have that as a sticky thread.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

==================================================
========================
This post is from the HTML recovered from Google Cashed Data. It represents the information from the original posts made by various CPF members to this thread. Rebuilding this thread was necessary because the original posts were lost in the "Great CPF Server Crash of 2011".
========================

Re: SPY 007 Sales thread # 5
Written by Drywolf on 12-16-2010 09:56 AM GMT

I'm going to hold fast and wait and see what new things you have to offer in the near future. Merry Christmas Dave to you and yours. The 1400ma output is sooo tempting it hurts to wait!
Thanks,
Frank

Written by easilyled on 12-16-2010 09:57 AM GMT

I'll take one please :)

Bright-white XPG, that is.

:paypal:

Written by jslappa on 12-16-2010 09:57 AM GMT

I'll take one cool XP-G and one neutral XP-G. This is a placeholder for both Launch Mini and I. No gunner grip for either.

E-Mail incoming.

JSlappa

Written by chipwillis on 12-16-2010 09:57 AM GMT

I'll take one bright white.

Email sent

Paypal sent.

Written by Zeige on 12-16-2010 09:57 AM GMT

Ill take one please ! woohoo my 1stspy

:paypal: Ill take mine in neutral please.

e-mail sent

Written by shado on 12-16-2010 09:58 AM GMT

I will take one. Bright white

Written by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond on 12-16-2010 09:58 AM GMT

Dave – I will take one Spy007 XP-G w/ Neutral Emitter.

:paypal: & e-mail sent

Unique Transaction ID # 02E513139E066345E

Written by proline on 12-16-2010 10:00 AM GMT

:takeit: One bright white please.
E-Mail sent... :D

Written by T.Mullins on 12-16-2010 10:01 AM GMT

I'll take one bright white, please!
Thanks!

Written by sioncool on 12-16-2010 10:14 AM GMT

Paypal sent & email on the way.
Thanks
Sion

Written by shado on 12-16-2010 11:06 AM GMT

PayPal Sent by Boo Boo (Unique Transaction ID # 6JV43205629071303)

Written by stoli67 on 12-16-2010 02:18 PM GMT

Must resist and hold off for a triV! We will see how long it lasts!

Andrew

Written by Data on 12-16-2010 03:02 PM GMT

stoli67 said:
Must resist and hold off for a triV! We will see how long it lasts!

Andrew
Hmm . . . did I mention that the new code lets you take the XP-G all the way up to 1400mA! :devil: With this amazing emitter it is a lot of light in an EDC.

just sayin

Written by jslappa on 12-16-2010 03:07 PM GMT

1.4 Amps :clap:

Written by Launch Mini on 12-16-2010 03:17 PM GMT

Just got back to a computer, thank John for holding my spot. Will PP some $$ right away. Attending to a ton of VM's I have to attend to .

Written by Launch Mini on 12-16-2010 03:26 PM GMT

I am very surprised that not more of these were not snapped up.

Written by stoli67 on 12-16-2010 03:28 PM GMT

That should push the output up !

U R Making it hard..... is that going to push it closer to 300Lumens?

Data said:
Hmm . . . did I mention that the new code lets you take the XP-G all the way up to 1400mA! :devil: With this amazing emitter it is a lot of light in an EDC.

just sayin

Written by Launch Mini on 12-16-2010 03:59 PM GMT

Dave
I sent you an email re PP & shipping options.
Just want to confirm before I submit.
Thanks

PP Sent anyway, just want to pay before my day really gets buggered up.

Dave, can I request ONE EXTRA LANYARD for the one shipped to my address? I am one short, thanks.

Written by OtisCampbell on 12-16-2010 04:10 PM GMT

Launch Mini said:
I am very surprised that not more of these were not snapped up.
I've got a few things up for sale to get either one of these or from the post-Christmas batch... unless of course I can pay in silver near spot.. :naughty:

Written by Launch Mini on 12-16-2010 04:49 PM GMT

If I didn't just clean out my PP account, I'd be asking what else you have up your sleeve??

Written by shado on 12-16-2010 04:52 PM GMT

Launch Mini said:
If I didn't just clean out my PP account, I'd be asking what else you have up your sleeve??
Mines still healthy so, Dave "What else you have up your sleeve"??

Written by Data on 12-16-2010 06:35 PM GMT

shado said:
Mines still healthy so, Dave "What else you have up your sleeve"??
:grin2:

Written by Launch Mini on 12-16-2010 09:08 PM GMT

Dave, I am curious as to how the new programming will work.

Written by Data on 12-16-2010 10:49 PM GMT

Launch Mini said:
Dave, I am curious as to how the new programming will work.
Well, it is just like the Tri-V programming. Except no emitter selection stage.

Written by UnderTheWeepingMoon on 12-16-2010 11:57 PM GMT

Dave,

I'm not sure if this question has already been asked but will you be offering support for an XP-G upgrade (brass ring, etc.) for older 007s through Milky or Wayne?

Written by karlthev on 12-17-2010 03:44 AM GMT

47!!47!!!! Yousa, got the second team of elves working again it would seem Dave! Well, let's hope ya got enough....at least for right now! :hitit: :party:

Get in line folks, these are classics in their day. I sure can't say enough about them nor say anything that hasn't been said before. Solid tried and true design, human engineering and electronics and all in a bulletproof package! What more could you ask for...? Gimme time, I'm thinking, I'm thinking :naughty:......but I've already got two. If you've not one, now's your chance! :thumbsup:

Karl

Written by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond on 12-17-2010 04:58 AM GMT

Data said:
Well, it is just like the Tri-V programming. Except no emitter selection stage.
Does that mean it has 4 memory slots for different setting arrangements?

Written by binaraju on 12-17-2010 06:24 AM GMT

Hi Dave,

I'll be delighted to own one.

Since I'm out from December 19th to 25th, please go ahead and ship so I can have it when I return.

Send me a PayPal invoice for the total, I live in Hong Kong.

Best regards,

Written by Data on 12-17-2010 08:46 AM GMT

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond said:
Does that mean it has 4 memory slots for different setting arrangements?
yes it does

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

========================
This post is from the HTML recovered from Google Cashed Data. It represents the information from the original posts made by various CPF members to this thread. Rebuilding this thread was necessary because the original posts were lost in the "Great CPF Server Crash of 2011".
========================

Re: SPY 007
Sales thread #5

Written by easilyled on 12-17-2010 08:53 AM GMT

Dave, maybe I can ask you to preset my level 6 to 1400ma before you send it out?
I'm reluctant to mess about with the software and haven't done so with my Tri-V either.

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-17-2010 09:17 AM GMT

I guess to be more specific, my question on programming the power levels would be,
Since the Tri V has 3 LEDS, it was a combo of R & A displaying increase by 1, 10 0r 100, thought this might be the programming change and how this would work. Maybe the LED will have different stobes to inidcate how much one changes the level by or too? Or maybe it still ramps up & down the same, but we now have 4 slots for programming.
I will like this feature as I seem to be always switching the low from stock to low to really really low. Same for hight. Boooyaaah.
Wonder if the easter eggs are gone? I set mine on stobe and placed them in window boxes for hallowe'en effects.

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-17-2010 09:27 AM GMT

Another query.
I am guessing we will need IMR's to tap into the 1.4 amps?

Sales thread #5

Written by shado on 12-17-2010 10:35 AM GMT

easilyled said:
Dave, maybe I can ask you to preset my level 6 to 1400ma before you send it out?
I'm reluctant to mess about with the software and haven't done so with my Tri-V either.
+1

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-17-2010 12:05 PM GMT

Wonder who will be the first to RECEIVED their new SPY007X
We need a system of naming for them.
SPY007 would be the Seoul or Cree Version
SPY 7X, could bethe XPG version
SPY 7Xg , with the grip

Unknown
Written by stoli67 on 12-17-2010 01:15 PM GMT

Hard to hold off .... When did say /think that the new triV will be ready?? sometime next year.

Always thought that would be my first Spy.

Andrew

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 12-17-2010 03:18 PM GMT

9 lights shipped:

easilyled
jslappa
Launch Mini
chipwillis
Zeige
shado
ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
proline
T.Mullins

Thank you everybody. :)

Cheers
Dave

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-17-2010 03:31 PM GMT

Data said:
9 lights shipped:

easilyled
jslappa
Launch Mini
chipwillis
Zeige
shado
ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
proline
T.Mullins

Thank you everybody. :)

Cheers
Dave
No Dave, THANK YOU
Now come on delivery guys, you can doo-eeet by next friday.

ps editorial comment, my receptionist thinks I have a problem, as "a flashlight seems to be delivered every couple of weeks"

Sales thread #5

Written by stoli67 on 12-17-2010 05:47 PM GMT

Only every couple of weeks.... a mild case.....

I wrote down all the flashlight related packages that I am expecting....... 17..................... pathological

Andrew

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 12-17-2010 05:50 PM GMT

stoli67 said:
Only every couple of weeks.... a mild case.....

I wrote down all the flashlight related packages that I am expecting....... 17..................... pathological

Andrew
Maybe even Certifiable!

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 12-17-2010 06:13 PM GMT

Data said:
The 007 software has changed slightly.
That's the understatement of this thread! It's more like a key selling point in my opinion. Tri-V-like superpowers? Able to set each of 6 modes and 4 slots? Not having 3 emitters to divide between each of the 4 slots' 6 level positions effectively creates 24 levels of light! I can't wait!

Unknown
Written by stoli67 on 12-17-2010 07:07 PM GMT

Yeah

Had better relax for a while!

Till the tri-V !

Sales thread #5

Written by RIDE on 12-17-2010 08:46 PM GMT

Wish I had the scratch for one of these.....cuz I sure do have the itch! :)

Nice work as usual Dave!

RIDE

Sales thread #5

Written by benben_stone on 12-18-2010 01:22 AM GMT

Curse the GFC!!! (Grocery Funding Costs.....)

If the funds were available, I'd be in on this sales thread like a shot.

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread to see whether I can save enough while there are still lights enough to go around :(.

Hopefully, I can save enough before the new Tri-V enters the scene!

Sales thread #5

Written by TinyCrumb on 12-18-2010 02:30 AM GMT

Is there a chance someone could give me a quick summary of the difference between the two options, bright white & neutral? I know that's an incredibly nooby question, I apologize for that.

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 12-18-2010 07:33 AM GMT

TinyCrumb said:
Is there a chance someone could give me a quick summary of the difference between the two options, bright white & neutral? I know that's an incredibly nooby question, I apologize for that.
I don't want to link another man's sales thread here, but here are two photos showing a difference between a cool white XP-G R5 LED and a neutral white XP-G R4 LED. Please note, colors and tints can vary slightly based on a number of factors, drive current being one. Props to Steve Ku, these are his beam shots, and I only post the pics here for color comparisons. If this is a forum no-no, I'll remove post haste.

Here is the neutral XP-G R4 (unknown drive current). Notice the softer color, as compared to the cool white.

P1060359.jpg

P1060360.jpg

Sales thread #5

Written by TinyCrumb on 12-18-2010 10:14 AM GMT

jslappa said:
I don't want to link another man's sales thread here, but here are two photos showing a difference between a cool white XP-G R5 LED and a neutral white XP-G R4 LED. Please note, colors and tints can vary slightly based on a number of factors, drive current being one. Props to Steve Ku, these are his beam shots, and I only post the pics here for color comparisons. If this is a forum no-no, I'll remove post haste.

Here is the neutral XP-G R4 (unknown drive current). Notice the softer color, as compared to the cool white.
Fantastic, thank you. I assumed that's what it was. Is there any particular advantage of one over the other in the SPY? I always prefer a bit of a warner tone w/ my lights but I'm intrigued that Dave mentioned they are way less popular.

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 12-18-2010 10:34 AM GMT

while you generally lose a few lumens in the neural emitters vs the cooler emitters, it really just boils down to two camps. Those who prefer the bright white, and those who prefer colors more closely resembling sunlight. Now that these Spy's can be ramped up to 1.4Amps, the loss of lumens really becomes less significant and effectively brings the argument right back to personal preference. Do you want blindingly bright white or blindingly bright yellowish?

Reminds me of the car commercial running on television right now with the hamsters dressup like B-Boys singing "you can get with THIS, or you can get with THAT". I love when they are in the car bobbing their heads.

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-18-2010 10:41 AM GMT

TinyCrumb said:
Fantastic, thank you. I assumed that's what it was. Is there any particular advantage of one over the other in the SPY? I always prefer a bit of a warner tone w/ my lights but I'm intrigued that Dave mentioned they are way less popular.
I like both, but the neutral will have less lumens than the cool white. So why they would be less popular, is that when people are looking for higher output, they don't want to lose some by having a neutral or warm tint.
Now pushing at 1.4 both will be very bright indeed.

Knowing I could push it to 1.4 may have swayed into getting the neutral. I went cool for the extra oomph. I was on the fence right until I PP'd Dave the money.

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 12-18-2010 12:38 PM GMT

TinyCrumb said:
jslappa, thanks for posting that.

Tiny, those photos are pretty close to what a camera sees with these two different emitter color temperatures. BUT, and this is a really big but, that is not what your eye sees. The camera processor is doing white balance and so is your brain, and the two do it in a different way.

The neutral emitter is designed to look like a sunlight kind of beam. The bright white is not necessarily more blue, it is simply a higher color temperature. When I point these bright white XP-G LED's at my white wall I do not see blue like in that photo above. They are a pure white.

People ask me all the time what emitter to get and I simply tell them most people prefer the bright white in everyday use. But not all, some prefer the warmer color temp of the neutral white and even some like the warm white.

For the 007 I prefer the bright white color and the fact that it has more power. At night outside the bright white blasts farther into the woods than the neutral white does. Inside around the house the neutral white renders better red tones in objects and so is better for photography. That is why I put a warm white emitter in the Tri-V flood, because I use it for photography all the time with my SLR, my point and shoot and my iphone.

As you may already know with Cree emitters the bright white is 6500K, the neutral is 5500k and warm white is 2500K to 4500K. If you go look at fluorescent bulbs at Walmart you will see they sell them in all these various color temps.

Sales thread #5

Written by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond on 12-18-2010 01:00 PM GMT

My first "new" spy has just landed. #0545 I love the Cool Fall inscription on the rail mount part.

Now to play!

Sales thread #5

Written by coloradogps on 12-18-2010 01:18 PM GMT

My first "new" spy has just landed. #0545 I love the Cool Fall inscription on the rail mount part.

Now to play!
Please show us photos!

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-18-2010 01:33 PM GMT

This post is useless without a picture.....
It sure sucks to live on the West Coast and across a border about now. Come on USPS, you can do it.
I see we are into the 500 S/N now, hope 555 lands on my door.

Sales thread #5

Written by easilyled on 12-18-2010 02:32 PM GMT

easilyled said:
shado said:
Data, please could you confirm if you changed our high levels to 1400ma? :)

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 12-18-2010 03:25 PM GMT

easilyled said:
Data, please could you confirm if you changed our high levels to 1400ma? :)
I did not program your lights. Sorry. Too many things in my head on shipping day.

It takes about 20 seconds to do and if you want I will make a video to show you how. But please look at the video for the Tri-V first.

Cheers
Dave

Sales thread #5

Written by easilyled on 12-18-2010 03:33 PM GMT

Data said:
I did not program your lights. Sorry. Too many things in my head on shipping day.

It takes about 20 seconds to do and if you want I will make a video to show you how. But please look at the video for the Tri-V first.

Cheers
Dave
Ok, I'll have a look at that. Are the default current levels the same as they were for the other SPY007s?
Is it PU3 to restore to factory settings?

Sales thread #5

Written by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond on 12-18-2010 03:54 PM GMT

Launch Mini said:
This post is useless without a picture.....
Hahahaha..... here's the only tease I will give......

Spy007XPG_01.JPG

RE: Cool vs. neutral. Obviously this is not a place to start a back and forth conversation. But my preference is to neutral - possibly because I am a bit red/green colorblind. So a bit more light in the red/green spectrum makes things more pleasing to my eyes.

Besides - Daves description of neutral being at 5500k is cooler than most. This is probably a 3X tint. I believe most neutrals are sold in the 5X tint range and warm is the 7X/8X tint range for the Cree leds. I think it is very much a personal preference thing, but I am glad I got the neutral - it may even be still a bit to cool for me.

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-18-2010 04:11 PM GMT

Dave,
Without have the 3 emitters to signal what step, light or power we are in...
I am guessing then to set the levels it would be something like:
1 - Power up in #4
2 - While the light is flickering, select a knob position ( ie #5 to set this position)
3 - Set knob to P1
4 - Light will flicker
5 - This is the tricky part. To set this to say 800mAh, we would click three times ( ie pass 1, 10 & land on 100), then dial back & forward 8 times for 800?
6- Set knob to P0

With the Tri-V, there was the combo of R, A, then R&A to indicate which level ( 1, 10 or 100) we were setting, with only one emitter, what will we be seeing? Single flash, double flash, triple flash?
Thanks

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-18-2010 04:11 PM GMT

Hahahaha..... here's the only tease I will give......

Spy007XPG_01.JPG

RE: Cool vs. neutral. Obviously this is not a place to start a back and forth conversation. But my preference is to neutral - possibly because I am a bit red/green colorblind. So a bit more light in the red/green spectrum makes things more pleasing to my eyes.

Besides - Daves description of neutral being at 5500k is cooler than most. This is probably a 3X tint. I believe most neutrals are sold in the 5X tint range and warm is the 7X/8X tint range for the Cree leds. I think it is very much a personal preference thing, but I am glad I got the neutral - it may even be still a bit to cool for me.
Are you hinting that a Raven may be on there too?

Sales thread #5

Written by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond on 12-18-2010 05:58 PM GMT

Launch Mini said:
Are you hinting that a Raven may be on there too?
No - just a teaser of a full light pic. But you've already seen a full light pic. The programming is awesome and so easy to do - I love the direct input on the current levels. I don't know what I will do with 4 memory banks since there is only one LED, but definitely 2 - one for indoors and one for outdoors.

for outdoors.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

========================
========================

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 12-18-2010 08:33 PM GMT

Launch Mini said:
Dave,
Without have the 3 emitters to signal what step, light or power we are in...
I am guessing then to set the levels it would be something like:
1 - Power up in #4
2 - While the light is flickering, select a knob position ( ie #5 to set this position)
3 - Set knob to P1
4 - Light will flicker
5 - This is the tricky part. To set this to say 800mAh, we would click three times ( ie pass 1, 10 & land on 100), then dial back & forward 8 times for 800?
6- Set knob to P0

With the Tri-V, there was the combo of R, A, then R&A to indicate which level ( 1, 10 or 100) we were setting, with only one emitter, what will we be seeing? Single flash, double flash, triple flash?
Thanks
You got it exactly right. For dialing in the power, there is no feedback with the lights as there was with the Tri-V. But it is not needed. Just think to your self. Go home(P1), you will know you got there as it will be flickering, then count in your head 1, 10, 100, . . . I never used the lit emitter code in the Tri-V anyway.

Cheers
Dave

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 12-19-2010 11:02 PM GMT

UnderTheWeepingMoon said:
Dave,

I'm not sure if this question has already been asked but will you be offering support for an XP-G upgrade (brass ring, etc.) for older 007s through Milky or Wayne?
On my end, yes, it could happen. Both of these modders are very capable.

If you want to talk about this please email me.

Cheers
Dave

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 12-19-2010 11:26 PM GMT

Launch Mini said:
Another query.
I am guessing we will need IMR's to tap into the 1.4 amps?
No, primary bats can do it if they have enough left in them.

Sales thread #5

Written by 10.10.2010 on 12-20-2010 08:39 AM GMT

Is there any review ever made for this light? i'm interested with Spy 007 but i just don't get how this 007 light concept is.

Sales thread #5

Written by stevevh on 12-20-2010 08:50 AM GMT

10.10.2010 said:
Is there any review ever made for this light? i'm interested with Spy 007 but i just don't get how this 007 light concept is.
Hi 2010,

Yes, there are many reviews in the other Cool Fall threads. And of all the ones I have read I don't think I have seen a major negative thing said about either the 005 or the 007 lights. I have owned a 007 longer than any other light with the exception of my Arc LS. Once I started using the 007 it kinda cured me of buying other lights! Thanks Dave!! Of course I am buying a new one just as soon as Dave can get it finished!! :devil:

Steve

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 12-20-2010 11:30 AM GMT

10.10.2010 said:
Do you have a specific question? If so, fire away. There are some of 007 owners around these parts.

Sales thread #5

Written by chipwillis on 12-20-2010 02:52 PM GMT

#520 has landed, and it's set at 1400, just waiting for dark and it to stop snowing. Now I have one of each of 007's with a few extras ;)

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-20-2010 03:06 PM GMT

Aweseome. I am hoping mine has arrived in customs and will be here by friday.
Do you have the XRE version?

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-20-2010 03:07 PM GMT

Dave
I am also guessing we won't be able to program the SPY7x lower than 1mAh?

Thanks to jslappa, I now know how to program it lowwwww.

Sales thread #5

Written by chipwillis on 12-20-2010 03:23 PM GMT

bright white. i'll compare it to my cree R2 spy's.

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-20-2010 04:04 PM GMT

It should be pretty dark in Minnesota now :)

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 12-20-2010 05:10 PM GMT

Well, my day could not get any better. Received a few fantastic Ti lights today. Of course, Spy 007x #0519 arrived right on cue. Data, perhaps next time you could find a LARGER box to pack it in! Great idea, because it will be quite difficult for the Postal Service to lose that thing!

Also, Tri-V #0442 arrived, and is getting along quite nicely with the new spy. He is a little jealous that he does not have "Cool Fall" inscribed on him. They have become great friends already, and have ganged up on the new Ti EX10 twice. I had to separate them before it got out of hand. I think I'll program the 07x to 1400mAh and see how low I can program her. Then set the Tri-V to the IMR maximums too. Of course, that's just Configuration 1. What SHALL I do for the other 3 configurations for both lights! Mmmmmm, the possibilities are nearly endless.

0442 Tri-V and 0519 Spy 007x shake hands......

SpyTriV0442Spy7x0519.jpg

Sales thread #5

Written by Zeige on 12-20-2010 06:11 PM GMT

I got # 546 today in the mail. All I can say is WoW..... I cant put this thing down.

Thank you Data!,

Joe

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-21-2010 09:58 AM GMT

I think you need to dress them up with a few trits here & there.

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-21-2010 12:06 PM GMT

GREAT NEWS, Customs has cleared my light in only 12 hours, as opposed to the 96hours the last few times. She should be here in a day or two now.

Sales thread #5

Written by proline on 12-21-2010 12:31 PM GMT

0501 has landed in San Diego. Very, very nice. I have some slightly older 007's and this one tops them all... :D

Sales thread #5

Written by richpalm on 12-21-2010 01:24 PM GMT

Data said:
WTF do you rich guys do for a living?

Sales thread #5

Written by chipwillis on 12-21-2010 02:25 PM GMT

I'm a lawyer, psychologist, socialogist, weather man, animal control, babysitter, professional stunt driver, licensed to carry all types of weapons, mediator, counselor, post man, crime fighter, ninja, instructor, K-9 handler, inspector, fugitive hunter, advisor, phone operator, computer user, and a Deputy Sheriff......

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 12-21-2010 02:38 PM GMT

I'm unemployed. I have 7 kids by 8 different women and I spend my child support on shiny flashlights.

Sales thread #5

Written by easilyled on 12-21-2010 03:22 PM GMT

deleted

Sales thread #5

Written by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond on 12-21-2010 03:34 PM GMT

richpalm said:
*** do you rich guys do for a living?
I think it's more about quality over quantity. Once you've held (and even more so if you have dissected) one of data's lights you realize that one $1K light is easily better than 10 $100 so-so lights. Everyone on the LED forum starts thread over thread on lights asking which has a low-low, which has multiple levels, which can pump out 300 lumens, which has adjustable levels, which only runs primaries and which runs on li-ions, which is compact, too big, fits in a pocket, on a holster - ughhh! it's endless.......

It's such a simple question to answer. With this light I have 4 banks of 6 level settings. I can go from Hi to Low, Low to Hi, Low to Hi to Low, whatever in each bank. I can go a dimmer than a firefly's butt to almost 300 OTF lumens - AND I can do that on primaries (or Li-Ions) and still get over 1 hours runtime on the high level. It's compact, it can tailstand, it has a place for trits, it is THE MOST ergonomic light I have ever owned (you don't get it from a picture, you have to hold it). It's made of titanium and is rock solid. It's easily upgradable to newer or different tint LEDs. Oh yeah - and don't even get me started on the Tri-V - that is a masterpiece of engineering in so many ways.

Jeeze - I better stop before I buy another one right now - I've gotta save my beans for the stonewashed one beckoning me in 01/11. I'm gonna try white trits in that one!

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-21-2010 04:29 PM GMT

I think it's more about quality over quantity. Once you've held (and even more so if you have dissected) one of data's lights you realize that one $1K light is easily better than 10 $100 so-so lights. Everyone on the LED forum starts thread over thread on lights asking which has a low-low, which has multiple levels, which can pump out 300 lumens, which has adjustable levels, which only runs primaries and which runs on li-ions, which is compact, too big, fits in a pocket, on a holster - ughhh! it's endless.......

It's such a simple question to answer. With this light I have 4 banks of 6 level settings. I can go from Hi to Low, Low to Hi, Low to Hi to Low, whatever in each bank. I can go a dimmer than a firefly's butt to almost 300 OTF lumens - AND I can do that on primaries (or Li-Ions) and still get over 1 hours runtime on the high level. It's compact, it can tailstand, it has a place for trits, it is THE MOST ergonomic light I have ever owned (you don't get it from a picture, you have to hold it). It's made of titanium and is rock solid. It's easily upgradable to newer or different tint LEDs. Oh yeah - and don't even get me started on the Tri-V - that is a masterpiece of engineering in so many ways.

Jeeze - I better stop before I buy another one right now - I've gotta save my beans for the stonewashed one beckoning me in 01/11. I'm gonna try white trits in that one!
Hit the nail on the head.
Ergonomics are unbelievable. I like my tail clicky Haiku, but walking the dogs in one hand, SPY in the other, gloves on, I can turn the light on, off, higher, lower...
They are built solid, I don't mind lending them to guests at the cabin as I know they are going to walk away with them, and if they run it on high till the batteries dies, no problem.
Don't forget, you can dress up the knob with different O rings or add inserts to the knob insert.

I had not thought of the High to Low setting on this new light. However, getting them into high is soo easy. Rapid spin the knob from 0-6 in a split second.

Sales thread #5

Written by Zeige on 12-21-2010 05:00 PM GMT

I just got my 1st one, and couldn't agree more! I am looking at my 50+ other lights and wondering about selling them all for another spy. Maybe a Tri-V :devil:

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 12-21-2010 05:40 PM GMT

Zeige said:
I just got my 1st one, and couldn't agree more! I am looking at my 50+ other lights and wondering about selling them all for another spy. Maybe a Tri-V :devil:
Well, let me help you out. Look how great they look together. I should name one Peanut Butter, and the other Jelly!

IMG_0163.jpg

Sales thread #5

Written by recDNA on 12-21-2010 06:11 PM GMT

Wow am I jealous. I wish I had this type of dough to blow!

Anybody got a picture of a spy in the correct position in your hand? I can't picture it and I can't afford to hold it myself (as some have suggested).

Sales thread #5

Written by HSG on 12-21-2010 06:21 PM GMT

I had the opportunity to use one of these at Milky's 2 PFs ago and I have made up my mind that I will own one someday.
One day I'll get the nerve to sell my collection, hopefully Data will still be making them then.....

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 12-21-2010 06:30 PM GMT

recDNA said:
Wow am I jealous. I wish I had this type of dough to blow!

Anybody got a picture of a spy in the correct position in your hand? I can't picture it and I can't afford to hold it myself (as some have suggested).
Ah, there are generally 2 different ways to hold all 3 Spy's (005, 007 and Tri-V). I call them the Over and the Under. The over has the reflector on top. This is the method I prefer. It lets me keep a tight grip on the light, while using either my thumb or first finger. I can also use both fingers if I choose.

DSC_1979.jpg

The other is, of course, the Under. Here, the reflector is on the bottom, and the thumb can then be used to select any setting quickly. You really just have to try both ways to determine which you prefer.

DSC_1978.jpg

Sales thread #5

Written by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond on 12-21-2010 06:33 PM GMT

recDNA said:
Here is my preferred carry. Light rests in the closed palm; thumb and forefinger spin the clicky.

IMG_1166.JPG

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-21-2010 07:14 PM GMT

Here is my preferred carry. Light rests in the closed palm; thumb and forefinger spin the clicky.

IMG_1166.JPG
This is how I carry mine, it just falls naturally into the correct position

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 12-21-2010 07:15 PM GMT

When I shipped my Tri-V to jslappa, I asked him if he had batteries. That was a silly question as I can now see.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

========================
========================

Sales thread #5

Written by 10.10.2010 on 12-22-2010 04:50 AM GMT

stevevh said:
Once I started using the 007 it kinda cured me of buying other lights!
This exactly one reason i start buying custom light. I hope i could get the Haiku very soon :D

Data said:
Do you have a specific question? If so, fire away. There are some of 007 owners around these parts.
**** QUESTIONS REMOVED ****

thanks

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 12-22-2010 06:33 AM GMT

10.10.2010 said:
This exactly one reason i start buying custom light. I hope i could get the Haiku very soon :D

I do have some questions.

• How is the SPY 007 UI ?
  • What kind battery does SPY 007 use ?
  • What is the SPY 007 voltage range?
  • Being driven @ 1.4A how much lumen does 007 could produce?

thanks
Now, you did this with the Haiku thread and we all answered a ton of your questions. Please don't do that again here, and especially in the man's sales thread! All your questions are answered in the thread I just linked, so do yourself a favor and read it please.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/210678

Sales thread #5

Written by 10.10.2010 on 12-22-2010 07:00 AM GMT

I just don't get used to play CPF Custom Flashlight Builder and Modder. Just removed my question to right plase.

Sorry for this Dave.

Sales thread #5

Written by easilyled on 12-22-2010 08:34 AM GMT

EDIT: My SPY007X has now arrived here in the UK, so panic over. :)

Many thanks Data for providing me with a matching Serial No. to that of my Tri-V. :thumbsup:

I have managed to add an additional configuration in Slot 2.

Slot 1 Default:
2mA, 30mA, 100mA, 250mA, 500mA and 1000mA

Slot 2
1mA, 20mA, 100mA, 250mA, 500mA and 1400mA

Sales thread #5

Written by hel on 12-22-2010 04:02 PM GMT

Edit: Double post by mistake.

Sales thread #5

Written by hel on 12-22-2010 08:09 PM GMT

Paypal and email sent for 1 neutral Spy 007
Thanks

Sales thread #5

Written by Freyth on 12-25-2010 08:35 AM GMT

Decided to save up for a Tri-V instead.

Order cancelled.

Sales thread #5

Written by blackfly on 12-26-2010 07:30 PM GMT

I'll take a bright white one. My Paypal payment will be sent shortly. Thanks.

Sales thread #5

Written by jiuong on 12-27-2010 07:01 AM GMT

I will take one bright white XPG 007.
Paypal sent. Email sent

Sales thread #5

Written by dxt75 on 12-27-2010 08:34 AM GMT

I'll take one bright white XPG,PP and email sent.Thanks

Unknown
Written by Data on 12-27-2010 10:05 PM GMT

Thanks everybody, I will be able to get to these on Tuesday evening.

Happy New Year!

Cheers
Dave

Sales thread #5

Written by njet212 on 12-28-2010 07:41 AM GMT

Email Sent !!

Happy Holiday n Happy New Year everybody !!!

Sales thread #5

Written by smopoim86 on 12-30-2010 06:41 PM GMT

I'll take a neutral per our emails.

Thanks
Daniel

Sales thread #5

Written by liyinuo00 on 01-16-2011 02:19 AM GMT

Hi Dave
My name is Robin li ,,I really like to buy a spy 007 (Bright-white XPG) if I still can .I will pay with PAYPAL .if u still have one for me .pls tell me how much I hve to pay u in totall and I will pay in to ur paypal acount .thank U.
Robin li

Sales thread #5

Written by liyinuo00 on 01-16-2011 07:45 PM GMT

can someone pls give me a go a ahead sign so I can PP to the boss :shakehead
OK

Email sent

Paypal sent. (1028 USD)

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 01-16-2011 10:30 PM GMT

The cost for the light is $995 US, plus shipping for international , which I think is $33 ( that might be in the first post on this thread, I didn't look)
Dave's PP addy is also in the first post.
SO $1028 US would get you one of these beauties.

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 01-17-2011 12:16 AM GMT

liyinuo00, email sent.

Sales thread #5

Written by stoli67 on 01-17-2011 02:50 AM GMT

Any news on tri-V production?

Andrew

Sales thread #5

Written by jiuong on 01-17-2011 04:25 AM GMT

+1,
I like to know too, :).

Sales thread #5

Written by jkt on 01-17-2011 06:38 AM GMT

Hi,Dave,
I sent paypal and Email for a neutral white.
Thank you.

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-17-2011 04:56 PM GMT

Duplicate post...........

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-17-2011 04:57 PM GMT

Dave,

Any chance you could post a video specifically showing how to program the SPY 007X ?

Thanks in advance.

Unknown
Written by jiuong on 01-17-2011 07:23 PM GMT

senna94 said:
Dave,

Any chance you could post a video specifically showing how to program the SPY 007X ?

Thanks in advance.
The programming is some what similar to that of the Tri-V except that there will be no indication on the LED when setting the power levels. It is quite easy, I suggest you take a look at the Tri-V programming on YouTube first. ;)

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 01-18-2011 11:07 AM GMT

senna94 said:
Dave,

Thanks in advance.
jiuong is right the programming is easy once you understand it. However, I think your request is a good one, anybody want to make a video? :)

Cheers
Dave

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-18-2011 03:59 PM GMT

Dave,

I would like a Bright White 007X and General Purpose Rail Adapter. Hopefully you have a 007X already assembled and ready to ship. Please double check my math and I will get the funds to you ASAP.

SPY 007X Bright White $995.00 + General Purpose Rail Adapter $89.00 + USPS Express Mail $30.00 = $1,114.00

Hopefully you can ship this out tomorrow so I can have it by Thursday.

thanks!!!

Email sent.

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 01-18-2011 04:01 PM GMT

senna94
Awesome pickup. You won't be disappointed.
PM me if you have any questions. I can give you my phone # if that make things easier too.

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-18-2011 04:13 PM GMT

Launch Mini said:
senna94
Awesome pickup. You won't be disappointed.
PM me if you have any questions. I can give you my phone # if that make things easier too.
Thanks, and I really appreciate the offer. I will more than likely have to take you up on that.

Sales thread #5

Written by coloradogps on 01-18-2011 05:38 PM GMT

senna94

Nice buy!

Let me know how you like the XP-G.

:thumbsup:

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-18-2011 06:24 PM GMT

coloradogps said:
senna94

Nice buy!

Let me know how you like the XP-G.

:thumbsup:
Thanks Robert. I will let you know once I receive it.

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-18-2011 07:38 PM GMT

Dave,

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 6X30453879937292W)

thanks!!!!!

Now the waiting begins!!
lovecpf lovecpf

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

========================
========================

Unknown
Written by jiuong on 01-18-2011 08:10 PM GMT

Senna,
Your days will be spent playing with the light ;)

Joe

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 01-18-2011 08:14 PM GMT

Senna, you've had some great lights. Im interested to hear your thoughts on this iteration of the 007.

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-18-2011 08:18 PM GMT

Thanks guys!! I am very excited about getting this beauty!! I will post my impressions which are sure to be favorable as soon as I get my hands on it. I hate that I sold my previous 007 but have a feeling I am really going to like this one.

Sales thread #5

Written by erni0066 on 01-20-2011 07:34 PM GMT

Hey Dave

I the choice and decided to take Spy 007 bright white. Email in a way .... :naughty:
Thanks.
Erni

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-21-2011 11:45 AM GMT

I received my 007X today and it is everything I thought it would be and more. I love the new programming even though it does take a little getting use to. I think I have it down but was wondering when you do a power up 5 to determine what output level each position is set to, how do you read the sequencing? I am trying to decipher if it gives you the 1s first, then the 10s and then the 100s? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the SPY 007X does not need any trits as you can program it to 1ma and it glows about as bright as a couple of trits. I set level 1 to this and it is totally awesome. At that setting, battery drain should be minimal.

To anyone on the fence about this light do not hesitate. Dave has really outdone himself again with this beauty.

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 01-21-2011 12:14 PM GMT

senna94 said:
I received my 007X today and it is everything I thought it would be and more. I love the new programming even though it does take a little getting use to. I think I have it down but was wondering when you do a power up 5 to determine what output level each position is set to, how do you read the sequencing? I am trying to decipher if it gives you the 1s first, then the 10s and then the 100s? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the SPY 007X does not need any trits as you can program it to 1ma and it glows about as bright as a couple of trits. I set level 1 to this and it is totally awesome. At that setting, battery drain should be minimal.

To anyone on the fence about this light do not hesitate. Dave, has really outdone himself again with this beauty.
Thanks for the nice comments. I apologize for the lack of a programming manual. That is high on my todo list.

PU5 reports the 1000's then the 100's then the 10's then the 1's. This reported number is in mA. It will give a short burst (strobe) to report a zero. Always turn the knob quickly to the position you want and just wait for the report.

FYI, when you are setting the power to about the level of a trit it is way way lower than 1mA.

Cheers
Dave

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 01-21-2011 12:17 PM GMT

senna94 said:

To anyone on the fence about this light do not hesitate. Dave, has really outdone himself again with this beauty.
For the "display" in PU5, the , you select the Position ( 1 -6 ), the light will flast a series of 4 times, the first flash is thousand, 2nd = hundreds, 3rd = 10s then 4th time =1
SO if you have it set to 1,257 mAh you will get the following
Single Flash
Pause
2 flashes
pause
5 flashes
pause
7 flashes.
Then you select the next P, and repeart. When done, return to P0 and wait a few seconds for it to go back to normal user mode.
Booyahhhh

I also found out from others, if you want to step the level down ( like the older SPY7's), when in programming mode (4), go to P6 and it will flicker & drop in power. Turn off, to stop at the level you want.
I forgot the flicker if it is ZERO. Dave picked that up.

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-21-2011 12:53 PM GMT

Dave and John, thanks for your help and it all makes sense now. The numbers I was coming up with were not making sense because I was unknowingly starting to read the sequence in the middle and not at the beginning. On a side note, there is no flicker at all with the LED set to 1ma. It seems to be lower than my previous ultra low output king which was the original Titanium Titan.

Just a suggestion Dave. It would be nice if someone made a credit card sized "cheat sheet" with the programming info on it. Sort of like the ones Henry shipped with the original HDS EDC lights. They are laminated, waterproof and really handy to keep in your wallet. Until then I am going to keep a small PDF file in my iPhone for reference purposes. Just my 2 cents.

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 01-21-2011 02:58 PM GMT

senna94 said:
Dave and John, thanks for your help and it all makes sense now. The numbers I was coming up with were not making sense because I was unknowingly starting to read the sequence in the middle and not at the beginning. On a side note, there is no flicker at all with the LED set to 1ma. It seems to be lower than my previous ultra low output king which was the original Titanium Titan.

Just a suggestion Dave. It would be nice if someone made a credit card sized "cheat sheet" with the programming info on it. Sort of like the ones Henry shipped with the original HDS EDC lights. They are laminated, waterproof and really handy to keep in your wallet. Until then I am going to keep a small PDF file in my iPhone for reference purposes. Just my 2 cents.
If I may, I think what the boys are trying to say is you can go lower than 1ma. So, you already know to put the knob back to the starting point and the first click would be 1ma, the second click would be 10ma and then 100ma is the next click. If you pass all three and continue on to knob position 6, your emitter will start pulsing and reducing in brightness until you can't even tell it's on. I have to be in a dark room to set that level.

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 01-21-2011 03:17 PM GMT

jslappa said:
If I may, I think what the boys are trying to say is you can go lower than 1ma. So, you already know to put the knob back to the starting point and the first click would be 1ma, the second click would be 10ma and then 100ma is the next click. If you pass all three and continue on to knob position 6, your emitter will start pulsing and reducing in brightness until you can't even tell it's on. I have to be in a dark room to set that level.
You are correct. I must add one small detail. If you do not use P6, the lowest level that you should set is 5mA. As an example if you do dial in 2mA the software may or may not converge on a value. The software is often not able to cal a lower level than 5mA because there is an A/D converter bias that I do not subtract from the equation.

The bottom line here is if you want to set the current below 5mA you should set the level with the P6 selection by looking at the light that is coming out of the emitter. Adjust it to what looks like what you want.

The PU5 routine will report what ever you put in but it may not match the actual current consumed.

Cheers
Dave

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 01-21-2011 03:24 PM GMT

The only other feature that might be useful, is some indicator of which of the 4 slots you are currently in.
Not sure how this could be accessed, but thought, maybe if you PU5, then say switch between 6 & 5 three times, it will give you 1 - 4 longer flashes for the slot you started in, or the very first flash is 1 -4, to indicate , then a quick flicker to let you know you can then select P1-P6.
Just a thought if for the next round of SPYs

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-21-2011 03:46 PM GMT

Dave,

Not knowing what you and the others have described here, I used the PU4 to set position 1 to 1ma. After doing this I went back and did a PU5 and the emitter gives me 3 zeros followed by a 1. To me it is visibly lower than when I had it set to 2ma which the PU5 indicates as 3 zeros followed by a 2. Not sure if mine is an anomaly or not but it seems to defy what you said in post #130 when you said that PU5 would not report anything less than 5ma.

I was not sure you could take it any lower than 1ma but it sure is nice to know although I am not certain that my eyes could detect anything less than 1 ma. Thanks for the tip.

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 01-21-2011 03:59 PM GMT

I think what Dave meant was, anything less, shows up a a single flash.
Mine does the same, If I try and enter 1 or 2 for the power, I get a very low setting Way lower than 5. So low I had to turn the lights out to see it.
Not complaining, just my observation.

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 01-21-2011 06:08 PM GMT

senna94 said:
It would be nice if someone made a credit card sized "cheat sheet" with the programming info on it. Sort of like the ones Henry shipped with the original HDS EDC lights. They are laminated, waterproof and really handy to keep in your wallet. Until then I am going to keep a small PDF file in my iPhone for reference purposes. Just my 2 cents.
If your iPhone is jailbroken, you can also download Data's video showing how the Tri-V is set up. The new 007x is similar, save for the extra step to program additional emitters. Below are a couple Excel docs I use to keep track of my settings and their respective limits. Feel free to save these pics, adjust the size to about 2.5 x 4 and have them laminated. I recon I could remove my personal settings and host both excel files you you guys could modify them as you please. Just let me know.

EDIT:
The 007x pic had some residual info from the Tri-V port. I've cleaned that up and removed all my personal settings. This link is for the excel file. Please note at the bottom left of the file are three sheets. Sheet 1 is labeled Tri-V and sheet 2 is labeled 007x. It would be easy to copy the 007 data and past it into another sheet, then alter the data to match the other cool fall lights you own.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5JGCX9KF

Tri-V doc

Doc2walletsize.jpg

007x doc

Doc1walletsize.jpg

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-21-2011 06:44 PM GMT

Thats what I am talking about!!! Way to go jslappa !!!!!!

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 01-21-2011 08:38 PM GMT

senna94 said:
Dave,

Not knowing what you and the others have described here, I used the PU4 to set position 1 to 1ma. After doing this I went back and did a PU5 and the emitter gives me 3 zeros followed by a 1. To me it is visibly lower than when I had it set to 2ma which the PU5 indicates as 3 zeros followed by a 2. Not sure if mine is an anomaly or not but it seems to defy what you said in post #130 when you said that PU5 would not report anything less than 5ma.

I was not sure you could take it any lower than 1ma but it sure is nice to know although I am not certain that my eyes could detect anything less than 1 ma. Thanks for the tip.
OK, I was wrong. LOL. Who programmed this software anyway??? I am going to correct my post so people do not get confused.

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-21-2011 08:45 PM GMT

Data said:
OK, I was wrong. LOL. Who programmed this software anyway??? I am going to correct my post so people do not get confused.
I am certain that all of the programming was quite an undertaking and remembering all of it is quite a task in itself. I am just glad you did include it in the programming.

Sales thread #5

Written by Data on 01-21-2011 08:46 PM GMT

senna94 said:
Thats what I am talking about!!! Way to go jslappa !!!!!!
+1 :thumbsup:

Sales thread #5

Written by senna94 on 01-21-2011 09:21 PM GMT

Perhaps it has already been discussed and I just missed it. Does anyone know if RCR123 cells can be used in the 007X?

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 01-21-2011 09:25 PM GMT

Not a problem at all. Ive used RCRs and IMRs
The only issue is the battery meter will not be accurate until they drop below 3.8v I believe.

Sales thread #5

Written by liyinuo00 on 01-24-2011 08:30 PM GMT

1101251118ff4187a8fb042ca9.jpg
My SPY007 landed today .Thank you Dave to make my dream come true!!!

Sales thread #5

Written by jslappa on 01-24-2011 08:45 PM GMT

Why the hell did you put that Damascus Wave in the photo? Now I'll be searching for one. You are a mean person :(

Sales thread #5

Written by Launch Mini on 01-24-2011 10:09 PM GMT

Sweet collection, the damascus wave is cool, as are the silver bullion behind it.

Sales thread #5

Written by fisk-king on 02-03-2011 09:24 AM GMT

liyinuo00 said:
1101251118ff4187a8fb042ca9.jpg
My SPY007 landed today .Thank you Dave to make my dream come true!!!
Thats alot of dough on that table. ;) Gorgeous light.

Last edited:

ever4ever

Newly Enlightened

Hi dave,
I sent you an email.

waiting for your reply.

Last edited:

magicmanchris

Newly Enlightened

Dave,
I'll take one Spy 007 in Bright White!
Sending you a follow up email and paypal now.
Respectfully, MagicManChris

magicmanchris

Newly Enlightened

Dave, received the Spy last week and very impressed with it! Cant wait to get the TRI-V.

faco

Enlightened

Give me a SPY 007 - Neutral White Please :thumbsup:

paypal & email sent :thumbsup:

boulder

Newly Enlightened

Dave,

E-mail and PP incoming for a neutral white Spy :)

Thanks a lot!
Andrew

faco

Enlightened

Got My SPY 007 yesterday and I must say its a Work of Art, Thanks Dave :thumbsup:

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a little embarrassing, but I'm still a little unsure about the programming. I've owned a bunch of SPY lights and have yet to change the settings on one. I want to take a few beam shots tonight to comparing the,

007 Original run
007 Cree R2
007 XP-G

What is the easiest way to program them to the highest setting? Has anyone posted a 007 programming video?

Thanks
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.