My old UPS died. Where do I get a cheap battery replacement?

Blight

Newly Enlightened
I have an old UPS (APC Back-UPS ES 500). It just started beeping last night, flashing the replace battery and overload LEDs. After unplugging everything and turning it off and on a few times, now it only flashes overload for a couple of seconds then settles on replace battery with the constant and annoying beep.

Anybody know where I can get a cheap replacement battery? I don't really use it for running my computer when there is no power, but more as a surge protector/line conditioner thing. I'm living in a really old building and the power sucks here. :( Rewiring cost too much, so we use these UPS things to protect our electronics. Thanks.

Rej

Newly Enlightened
here in Hamilton, Ontario I buy them for around $25 from ACME Battery, which is far less than APC wanted for my unit.
You could check some of the online Battery suppliers, as I could not find 'desolate darkness' on Google maps ? (LOL)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
his post was 3 months ago... I would say he probably has fixed it now. I bought some batteries off ebay for a semi decent price as he combined shipping charges and I got 6 or 7 batteries but the 12v 7Ah batteries in that UPS cost around ~$20 on ebay each. I found a place local selling them for $11 each to fix an 800 APC UPS with

Rej

Newly Enlightened
Just noticed...duh.

Have you had any problems with the Ebay batteries? From C$%#% I assume for that price.
Boy you got a great deal... $11!, we always get ripped off here in Canada:mecry:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Just noticed...duh.

Have you had any problems with the Ebay batteries? From C$%#% I assume for that price.
Boy you got a great deal... $11!, we always get ripped off here in Canada:mecry:

haven't had any problems yet, but the batteries are only about 6 months old and they have either a 1 or 2 year warranty and if they last almost as long as the original batteries for the cost they will be cheaper than buying batteries locally. They wanted $24 each for them locally plus tax for similar no name brand batteries. You have to watch the shipping charges and find a dealer that will combine shipping if you are buying more than just one. I am trying to remember the ones I got.... the brand name is Zeus and they are grayish white with blue tops.