What do you keep next to your bed?

Z

z_Snareman

Which light gets night stand duty for investing that infamous bump in the night?

My ITP SC1 is currently on my night stand set to its brightest setting, although it may eventually be replaced by the Fenix PD31.

ingineer

Newly Enlightened
On the nightstand there is a Surefire 3P that the bulb has been replaced with a Q5 drop in, also there is an Ultrafire single cr123 for trivial tasks , like looking for stuff in the closet. This one has a so called luminous clickie which is useless so the other day I ordered a tritium fob for it.The 3p is how I got started lurking on this forum after making the Tyro mistake of using a rechargeable battery with the Halogen bulb. The surefire is relegated to this duty since it seems irreplaceable .
Does anyone know how to replace the bulb with a Cree in my ancient Streamlight Scorpion (previous bedstand lamp)? , it also needs a new lens. Have not burned out the bulb but have made the mistake of leaving on head down.

mikesantor

Enlightened
FN fiveseven loaded with EA S4M with a SF X300 on it.

If there is a BIG boom I go for the Remington 870 in the closet loaded with 1 /3/4 slugs with a 6P with nailbender XM-L drop in.

JacobJones

Enlightened
Two romisen RC-G2's, ITP A3, Fenix LD20 R5, ITP H01, old eveready torch, Two oil lamps, box of matches, pocket knife, compass, clock, lava lamp, rosewood club (it will have to do untill I get my shotgun certificate), homemade drinks coaster, poppy left over from remembrance day, rubbish basket, slippers... Well you did ask.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't worry for an intruder in my home, but still have a flashlight on my nightstand. If I wake up in the night and feel thirsty or need to visit toilet I find Quark 123 very nice with the 0,2lm mode. Sometimes I use the 2lm mode of Jetbeam PA40W. Or maybe Quark Mini AA...
For me it's the same as with the flashlight(s) I carry around: I like to vary and change them out regularly. Just for fun, and I think that's a typhical attribute of a flashoholic...

Last edited:

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the left side of the bed hanging off the treadmill arm: Liteflux Lf2Xt.
Glock 23 inside nightstand on the right side of the bed.

Last edited:

varmint

Enlightened
My nightstand stuff, usually a Thrunite TN11 set to about 50% for low and 1oo% for the other setting, Olight I3 for bathroom duty, Glock Model 32 for peace of mind and Mica my German Shepherd on the foot of my bed, she does better than all the other things!

DWood

Newly Enlightened
When there is a bump in the night, I reach for my Surefire, which is integral in the forend of a Remington 870. For ordinary needs like an airing the dogs or myself, a Zebra Light H51 or a 4Sevens Quark AA

cummins4x4

Enlightened
Magcharger ( i know but it makes a great club) 870 with Surefire fore end under the bed, Sig 226, S&W 629 + 686 in a small safe and my cell phone. Think I got most situations covered ;)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Lately I've been leaving the D11.2 and the SC50w in reach by the bed. There's a bunch of others plus batteries in the nightstand.

Geoff

ganymede

Enlightened
Olight SR50 if I need to take a look out of the windows from my master suite on 1st floor, SF C2-BK with a Lumen Factory 3 mode dropin set on low, SF C2-HA with a Lumen Factory HCRI dropin and SF 9P stock for other smaller duties.

As for my wife, a SF 6P Gun Metal NRA edition with a Lumen Factory HCRI dropin.

vegasmarine

Newly Enlightened
4Seven's Quark AA2 set on max mode and moonlight on low sits on the nightstand.

I carry a Surefire E2DL with me daily.

Marine

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually keep ALL my lights in an open topped file cabinet beside my bed but.........I keep an Inova Microlight RED stuck to the side of the file cabinet with a magnet. The Microlight is just a foot away and easy to find as it's the only thing on the smooth wall.

cbthedookie

Newly Enlightened
I keep too many lights to list in the nightstand or in a container under the bed; however, my sc51w sits on top next to my alarm clock. Moonlight level is wonderful; I virtually always use it as I typically go to bed later than my wife.

haley1

Enlightened
surefire 6z with new batteries and a .45 as well as cmg red led for late night trips around the house. Others also, but these are the ones for bumps and navigation.

black_ice_pc

Newly Enlightened
Currently on my nightstand:
ITP A1SS
Preon 2 Neutral
Nitecore EX11.2
Quark Turbo 123^2
Fenix E01
A little 5mm keychain from batteryjunction
Hopefully a CW9 pretty soon.

Jeff350

Newly Enlightened
Surefire G2 with Malkoff M61WL drop-in.

I want my night stand light to be as simple and rugged as possible, while still giving me plenty of light to work with. I think the G2 really fits the bill here. The press/momentary, twist/constant UI can't be screwed up at 3am while groggy and checking on that bump!