Quark Mini 123 WW lo-mode runtime...

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Can't seems to be able to find any info on this, so I did one...

Model: 4Sevens Quark Mini 123 Warm White edition

Battery: SureFire CR123A expiry 2020

Runtime claim from manufacturer: 150 hours (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Runtime from my test: 66.5 hours

Stop behavior: Light will turn off

Voltage of cell upon removal from light: 0.75V

Resting Voltage of cell after 24 hours: *coming soon*

I'm doing another runtime test using 4Sevens CR123A now to verify my result. Will update here when it's done.

Anyone else did a runtime test on low mode with Quark Mini 123 (cool/neutral/warm)? Appreciate your sharing... :) TIA.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Can't seems to be able to find any info on this, so I did one...

Model: 4Sevens Quark Mini 123 Warm White edition

Battery: SureFire CR123A expiry 2020

Runtime claim from manufacturer: 150 hours (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Runtime from my test: 66.5 hours

Stop behavior: Light will turn off

Voltage of cell upon removal from light: 0.75V

Resting Voltage of cell after 24 hours: 1.80V

I'm doing another runtime test using 4Sevens CR123A now to verify my result. Will update here when it's done.

Anyone else did a runtime test on low mode with Quark Mini 123 (cool/neutral/warm)? Appreciate your sharing... :) TIA.

Lightman2

Enlightened
Very interesting RD... I have heard all the rave about 4Sevens lights but if the version I have bought for the first time (Quark Mini 123 and not the X version which is different) does not run to specs I will be forever dissapointed. Frankly many OEM's state run times but this is not peak and over that given time frame the light drops down to almost nothing so in a way, I feel, it is false advertising.

Lightman2

Enlightened
Thats very intersting RD and thanks. Don't have a lot of time to visit. I see your test has shown up a inconsistency with the OEM's claims which does nothing to impress to be frank. I have a HX120 from Insight tech and I doubt any 1 x 123 light wil beat it. There is too much hype for my liking on a number of lights and people get caught up into it. I like to keep it real and you've done that with your test. The OEM spec is 135 lumens for 2 hours.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of the Mini's lived up to their original Low and Med runtime claims. That is why it pays to read CPF reviews. They are still good lights though.

Lightman2

Enlightened
So help me guys as I am in New Zealand without the ability to walk into a place like goinggear and seeing all these lights albiet you canot try them out. I am looking at a few EDC lights and a larger duty type light. I already have a HX120 from Insight which runs off 1 x 123 and it is brilliantly bright but for the small lights I have been considering the following. Let me know what you think. Fenix LD01 AAA, Preon 2 R5 2 x AAA, Fenix LD10 1 x AA, Fenix LD20 XPG R5 2 x AA, Fenix TK21 US (no videos on these yet by goingear) 2 x 123's. If I am going wrong anywhere let me know. Brightness/Throw is what I want predominantly and after than run time and smallness. My duty light will be the Fenix TK50