4sevens Preon and ITP A3 EOS Compatibility and Thoughts

Raven5221

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought a friend of mine an ITP A3 EOS Upgraded for his birthday. When I saw it, I naturally began to compare it with my Preon 1. One surprising fact that I discovered was that the Preon and ITP heads and bodies are fully interchangeable and work perfectly when swapped.

5286377891_90ab134905.jpg

5286377859_803644d3ab.jpg

Maybe this is a known fact, but I thought it was remarkable.

The ITP is the new version (purchased from Going Gear) that has a Low, Medium, High sequence instead of M-L-H. The brightness on each level is similar the output of my Preon. I was concerned about whether the pulsing of the output on low and medium levels would be visible because I think it would annoy me. I waved the light around, and looked closely, but I couldn't discern any pulsing :). However, I could tell that the ITP was much louder than the Preon on low and medium levels (of course, it was silent on high). The noise probably wouldn't be noticed under normal usage. If this version of the ITP had been available when I bought my Preon, I might well own an ITP instead.

Anyway, that's some thoughts that will hopefully add to the body of flashlight information here.