Does this light exist?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually have a light like this already, but it's a mish-mash of brands. It's my wife's favorite light, but I'm wondering if there's anything else like this available (even using a different mish-mash of parts).

- Under 6.5 long

- Max diameter (any part of light) 1.3

- 400+ OTF Lumens that can be run until batteries are drained (so no uber-small lights that can only put out 400+ for 30sec or 5min, etc.)

- The hardest thing to meet: FULLY regulated on Li-Ion and Primaries and capable of running at max output until batteries are depleted.

The last requirement is what's making it hard for me to find another light that fits all these criteria. I like my lights to be capable of running in all its levels/modes with both Li-Ions and Primaries. Many lights use Linear regulators and thus can only run on Max on 1x Li-Ion (i.e. 18650) because any higher voltage and a lot of heat (wasted power) is dropped into the driver itself and you can't run on Max for a long time.

I haven't found any lights that meet all the criteria that use a Buck switching regulator (to meet the last requirement)...not even via a mix of parts (except for the one I already havce).

Anyone know of one?

Thanks.