Oveready C2 Recon Limited Edition (Pics added)

The Coach

Enlightened
So, who got one? I mean, who got the other 3? :sssh: I ordered the last one (what can I say, I'm a procrastinator) Monday night and it showed up this morning. SST-50 fed by a 2900 mAh 18650!!! I don't remember all the particulars, they took the page down when the last one sold, but I do remember the cautions about burning flesh and setting things on fire. :eek:

OK, here we go. The Recon was limited to 4 pieces. When I got the email, there were 3 left. I thought and thought about it and tried to tell myself I didn't NEED another light. Evil me won. I grabbed the last one. From what's left on the site, it has a custom M2 bezel with the SST-50 installed. It looks like the reflector is right up against the bezel with just the window and an o-ring.

Here it is with a C2 and an M2 for comparison.

dscn0152.jpg

Next is the business end, compared to the C2 with it's Malkoff drop-in.

dscn0146e.jpg

A close-up of the Recon's hot end.

dscn0150n.jpg

The tail end on the C2 and the Recon. Yes, those are trit slots.

dscn0147h.jpg

The Zero Resistance switch. This was the only way to get full power.

dscn0148c.jpg

Hanging with a couple of other burners.

dscn0151ih.jpg

This is how I roll on Christmas Eve.

dscn0153m.jpg

And finally shooting some light. It's a nice neutral tint.

dscn0154f.jpg

This light seems to be a thrower. I gave it a little test last night and it lit up a house about 100 yards away and it's fence. The Tank just lit up the house.

I have a email in to Oveready about the specs and I'll fill them in when they get back to me.

I must say I was really impressed with their customer service. Fast shipping is always appreciated. :thumbsup:

This baby is a KEEPER!!!!

So, now just let me add................................:nana::nana::na na: and Merry Christmas.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I know I am late to the party Sal.... :D

But I finally scored one! :rock:

I was flat broke when they released these and one sat on BST for a few weeks, I finally had enough scratch to buy it. It is a thrower for sure, love the light. The M2-50 head is sweet, the whole setup is just boss. :D

ToNIX

Enlightened
Stop tempting me... I have the DW5600E :D

I thought about the GX56 but didn't really like the black/red one. But the GX-56-1B is nice :D

Last edited:

The Coach

Enlightened
Yes, the B is definitely easier to read. :thumbsup:

Congratulations Brandon, you're a colorful guy. :eek: It sucks to be broke. :devil: